Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum  
    Home     DIY Forum     Woodworking     Advertise     Contact Us  
Search
Go Back   Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum > Exterior Cleaning and Restoration > Construction Clean Up

Old 07-15-2007, 05:13 PM   #1

Question Need tips on what construction cleanup entails

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site. I've been cleaning residential homes on my own, but just got a huge job cleaning in post construction clean up. It will be an ALL day job with a team. I have two days to get ready for this job! It needs to be done on Tuesday.

I've never done construction clean up before though. Can somebody give me a general run down on what usually is cleaned in construction clean up? I'm assuming dusting, sweeping, light fixtures, base boards...(basically anything visibly dirty or dusty), window frames and tracks, windows, bathrooms, kitchens, vacumming and floors. I DO know I'll need something to remove stickers from windows and have found something I can use. Is there anything else I've missed?

Also I'd like to know a good cleaner for different floor types. I use apple cider vinegar and water for wood, vinegar (for shine), dish soap and water for linoleum and tile...but I've never cleaned marble before. Anyone have any suggestions?

I want to do a good job as this is a million dollar home and I'm expected to do high quality work. Time and money is not an issue for them, but quality is. If they like me I may get more homes like this!

Any advise would be HUGELY appreciated! Thankyou so much!

Cind

Last edited by cind; 07-15-2007 at 05:43 PM. Reason: I missed important time related information and am hoping for a reply before Tuesday
cind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:14 PM   #2

here is a great article about construction cleaning - http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ainsworth76.html
t.peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:43 PM   #3

Default Post Construction advice

Thankyou for the link! I'll have a look at it.

Best Regards,

Cind
cind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #4

Wink water is your best friend

I've been in the biz for yrs. we mostly clean with a wet rag and nothing else. micro fiber dusters work great the ones you use on cars. vingar helps eat stucco of windows if mixed with sqeegee off dust every thing vacuum all heater vents as far as your shop vac can reach basic cleaners work great I do a lot of million $ homes anywhere from 4000-10000 sq ft the trick is have someone go in and do the dusting and vacuuming while another goes in and wet wipe everything it works great but rememer to keep that vacuum filter cleaned out I do alot of school and medical buildings the same way.
MDM Cleaning & Sanitizing is offline   Reply With Quote