How to get rid of stains on my window ? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-22-2017, 04:28 AM Thread Starter

How to get rid of stains on my window ?

I get rid of stains in my window i tried so many cleaners but i could not find any difference , can any one of you share few tips to clean my window .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-29-2017, 04:36 AM

You didn't mention what kind of stains. It could be hard water stains, glass corrosion, crayons, etc. Make a paste of baking soda and vinegar, apply it on the stain and allow it to sit. Scrub lightly with a brush, towel, or a sponge. Wash the paste away from the glass with water and clean them with traditional glass cleaner. Allow it to dry, else water spots will form again.
Try using scrubbing bubbles for hard water spots. Try liquid dish soap for removing crayons as mentioned in this article (http://canglow.ca/how-to-get-crayon-wax-off-windows/). It suggests, simply spraying WD-40 would help you avoid scrubbing.
Dab a cloth with vinegar and press onto the rough spots on the window. The acidity in the vinegar will soften the mineral deposits. In most of the cases, the stubborn mineral stains are due to the metal window screens.
The best approach is to clean any stains you spot instantly than delaying it for cleaning at a later time.
post #3 of Old 04-21-2017, 08:29 AM

I suspect it is hard water stain in this case prepare a solution comprising of equal parts water and vinegar, immerse a towel into the solution properly, place this wet towel on the stain, press it and clean it and you will have your clean and shining window back!

Tags
window cleaning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode