Originally Posted by CleanDude
This may sound really daft (I do have blonde hair :P) but could you define the difference between " a simple wash" and " cleaning " the windows.
Though this question was posted over a year ago the difference is as follows:
Window wash: Wet the window and squeegee off, with occasional spot removal with a 2" razor. This is done when the windows are fairly clean and the water/soap is enough to take all the debris off.
cleaning: Wet the window, scrape every inch with a razor, re-wet and squeegee off and clean the frames. This is done when windows are really dirty and it's faster to scrape every inch instead of spot cleaning.
I also have raised my rates to $4-5 a pane, but this depends on what you're market will support. I was having every bid I gave taken so I started raising my rates. Also, I was once told that as long as you have enough business then you should raise your rates until you lose 20% of your bids due to high price. That way the other 80% is priced at a reasonably high price.