Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum  
    Home     DIY Forum     Woodworking     Advertise     Contact Us  
Search
Go Back   Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum > Business Discussion > Business

Old 01-29-2010, 11:40 PM   #1

Default Business Card Title

Hey Guys,

I am revamping my business card and I am trying to figure out if I should put some sort of title under my name. What do you guys do about titles on your business cards?
I am the owner, but I am also in charge of sales, estimates, managing, recruiting, etc. Should I put one of the following, Owner? President? General Manager? Sales Manager? or just leave it blank?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:41 AM   #2

hi Kerry..........

I would suggest that you should leave it blank as you are performing so many rolls for your company........ And as per my opinion not adding any title on your business card, it will look good and decent......

Still if you really want to put any title, then I will go with Director or Owner....

You can select any one of these........
mold removal tampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #3

Default business card title

If your business is a corporation, your title is president. If it's a sole prop, your title is owner. Go ahead and give yourself the title you deserve - people like it when the president of the corporation himself comes in!

Best,

Kit Schulte, JanQuest Business Systems

Start and Build Your Cleaning Business the Right Way!
JanQuest Business Systems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry19 View Post
Hey Guys,

I am revamping my business card and I am trying to figure out if I should put some sort of title under my name. What do you guys do about titles on your business cards?
I am the owner, but I am also in charge of sales, estimates, managing, recruiting, etc. Should I put one of the following, Owner? President? General Manager? Sales Manager? or just leave it blank?
http://www.pbstoneworks.com/]granite countertops nj[/url] | http://www.seoprofesionals.com]SEO Company[/url]
Old 05-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to bluefish

[quote=J people like it when the president of the corporation himself comes in!

[/quote]

I Disagree. I have been owner/operator of a couple small businesses. Whenever I am dealing with the owner of a company, my mind says small, unstructured and probably on a limited life span.

Also, in my experience as an owner and dealing with customers, it seems like once they know that your the owner, they also know that you can bend the rules or prices. Everyone suddenly wants to strike a deal.

I recommend either leaving it blank or going with GM.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:52 AM   #6

Focus on one job title. You can always create another set of cards using your other job title.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #7

i've put partner on my cards as then it shows i have authority, but not enough to make any big decision without consulting someone else. think it works well as well as then it shows we're slightly bigger then the smaller sole traders as then we have one partner doing the office work, one partner out running teams, one partner out doing quotes etc, one partner out cleaning etc,
imadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:34 AM   #8

Thanks your share!I need these things!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:54 AM   #9

no problem savings. glad that even a carpet cleaning service company in guildford can be of help
Old 02-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #10

Account Manager works fine for me
alphacleaning2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #11

What do you put on your business card when you do everything?

http://www.bbcleaningservice.com
BusyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #12

Default business card title

I see your point blue fish about customers trying to push you around if they think your the owner. I used to always act like I was just "working for the man" to avoid this because if I let on that I was the owner people often would try to take advantage of me thinking that I was desperate for the job (which I often was!). However, I learned that there are also advantages for letting the customer know that it is your business. It is a lot easier to market a locally owned business in many areas. Being the owner, at least in my area, can have it's advantages in terms of marketing and promotion. You just need to know how to negotiate. I used to take the logical approach: "we can't offer a price that low, we can only do it for amount of dollars" However, I learned to use emotion which more effective in many cases: "you're killing me! I will lose money if I do it this cheap " The better I became at explaining my prices and my rationale for doing things the less people try to manipulate me!

Kitsap Window Cleaning & Janitorial
april1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #13

very good point april. if you act like they set the prices and you're just there to have a look at the work then you'll less likely get people try to push for your lowest price. with that said if they're less likely to push for lower then you may lose customers as you were 10 too much but they didn't ask for a small reduction