Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum  
    Home     DIY Forum     Woodworking     Advertise     Contact Us  
Search
Go Back   Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum > Business Discussion > Business

Old 10-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #1

Default Employees Stealing Clients

Hi Everyone, Has anyone ever experienced EMPLOYEES, stealing your clients to make them there own??? if so, how did you handle that situation???, I just experienced that for the first time.
ProVacCleaningNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #2

You need to use a non-compete clause in your employee agreement, which will prevent employees from starting their own similar business and stealing your clients. You can also use a similar clause in your customer agreement (the person who contracts your cleaning services) saying they will not steal your employees (and pay them directly for services).

However, I'm not a lawyer, nor do I have a running business, so you should consult with other people. This is simply what I've learned and read about the issue in preparation for starting my business.
Ryan GreenAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan GreenAir View Post
You need to use a non-compete clause in your employee agreement, which will prevent employees from starting their own similar business and stealing your clients. You can also use a similar clause in your customer agreement (the person who contracts your cleaning services) saying they will not steal your employees (and pay them directly for services).

However, I'm not a lawyer, nor do I have a running business, so you should consult with other people. This is simply what I've learned and read about the issue in preparation for starting my business.
If you are in business, you should already have an accountant and an attorny. Have your att'y write up something that meets your state law. Prospective employees will need to sign the non-compete prior to being hired.
Douglas Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #4

Yes this happened to me, an employee used lies and underhanded tactics to steal 3 of my accounts, at the time it was upsetting. Two years later i say it was worth it to get rid of the loser!!!
Tampa fl 33602
(813)440-8335
Dmreed4311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:29 AM   #5

I'd hunt them down and break their legs that way they can't work anymore and the client has to return to my company. Nah! Just Kidding!

Best thing to do is to talk to your lawyer and see how to proceed, but unfortunately if there wasn't any previous clauses on their working contract I'm afraid there is little you can do about it. What you can do is protect yourself against similar situations in the future.