Expanding on our business - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-12-2017, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Expanding on our business

I currently own and operate an exterior detailing business in NYS. We offer a wide horizon of services ranging anywhere from pressure washing (our main service), soft roof cleaning, trash-out services etc. With it being our off season at the moment if really got me thinking of how i can expand on our current business to operate all year and after some digging im looking torward commercial cleaning (interior of banks/office buildings).

How did you guys acquire your commercial accounts? With our current business, majority of our clients find us online or through our EDDM mailers that we send out. However, i feel that this isnt the correct way to link with banks and more professional companies. Does anybody have any advice where to start? This is completely out of our realm so any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-13-2017, 03:02 PM

Expanding Your Business

Seems to me that you already own a pressure washer & other equipment. I just Googled " window cleaning with a pressure washer " and got a page full of results including some youtube videoes.
I got 3-4 window cleaning requests this month with a foot of snow on the ground.
Cleaning the inside windows is easy, some new tools such as the unger speed clean system make cleaning inside windows easy.
Out here in the PNW a company got a contract to powerwash all the bus stop waiting cubicles.
Just some ideas,
Brad BD Janitorial
P.S. buy doing window cleaning you could add that customer to some kind of mail out about your other services.
Maybe off RV Washing?
post #3 of Old 01-26-2017, 02:52 PM

I'm in the commercial cleaning industry, and we manage about 10 million sqft worth of space. At this point, we obtain a lot of our accounts via word of mouth, referrals, etc. When first starting the company, it was cold calling, visiting facilities, and hoping that you found someone who was unhappy with their current service and/or cost. Property managers value a service provider who can cover a couple of their needs at once. If you could reach out to the clients you have been providing exterior detailing to, and approach them about servicing their interiors too, that may work out. They'd rather deal with you for both services instead of having to contact two separate providers.

A major downside to commercial cleaning is the low profit margin. We pull a good chunk of our revenue by offering floor and carpet services. If you're more keen on sticking with smaller facilities, starting something in floor services is always a good option (I say smaller facilities, because a lot of the time, the larger facilities will work floor/carpet services into their contract agreements). No one realizes how much a good floor job improves the look of their space until you convince them to let you perform the service. Once it's done their hooked!

Best of luck to you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode