Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum  
    Home     DIY Forum     Woodworking     Advertise     Contact Us  
Search
Go Back   Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum > Business Discussion > Business

Old 04-18-2011, 11:46 PM   #1

Default How to subcontract commercial cleaning jobs?

My friend is new to the commercial cleaning business and he received a cleaning job that is simply to far away from where he lives. He does not want to loose the cleaning account and he is thinking about subcontracting the whole job to a different cleaning company and getting a percentage of the profit. Does anyone know the procedures on how to do that? Does my friend need to make a contract or does the subcotractor need to make a contract? Should the customer know that this job is done by a subcontractor? And if something happens whose insurance should be used? Any advise would be appreciated.
Barfocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:19 AM   #2

Because of quality checks, how far is too far away for your friend?
sprintcar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #3

Its around 2 hours away from where he lives. Would you know procedures on how to subcontract jobs? Thanks
Barfocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:37 AM   #4

Well, if you're friend wants some advice, I'd say let the job pass by. It won't be the last job he comes across. Unless he gets REAL lucky, it would be so much trouble it better pay a LOT of money. And I ain't talkin $500.

More than likely he will find someone.... if they show up the first day, they might last a week, if they make it through the 1st day if they showed up, and if they last a month he would be lucky... but I wouldn't bet on it.

Now IF they do show up, do they really care about how the building looks or will they spend an hour there when the job should take 3 hours? Are they really a sub contrator, meaning they have other cleaning accounts, or will they be some guy that used to help his uncle clean a building when he was 15? Or maybe he does have experience... is he really any good at cleaning and if he is, is he dependable?

Now if your friend finds someone that comes to work... does the job that is expected... doesn't call in sick every other time it needs cleaned and is over-all a good cleaner... hopefully the person is honest and doesn't steal anything.

But odds are, it will take your friend a long time to find that person. Which means, your friend will be cleaning the job himself since he took the account.

So now to the sub contractor part. First, I'd say go to irs.gov so he knows what a sub contractor REALLY is. Just because your friend says the person he gets to clean for him is a sub, doesn't mean the irs has the same thoughts.

Here is a form I found. I didn't look at it but if it's not what you're looking for just search for another one.

http://www.freebusinessforms.com/fre...greements.html

Good luck but I'd say...... next>>>>>>>>>>>
sprintcar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:07 AM   #5

There is no point getting greedy.
If you simply MUST do the job via subcontract, do not take a percentage of the profit. If the company/individual that you subcontract to feels that you are taking from him, do not expect them to last or do an adequate job.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:54 AM   #6
J4K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foremo View Post
There is no point getting greedy.
If you simply MUST do the job via subcontract, do not take a percentage of the profit. If the company/individual that you subcontract to feels that you are taking from him, do not expect them to last or do an adequate job.
Do not take a percentage of the profit? I'm sorry, what would be the point of doing the job then?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/J4K-C...89116767802011

Complete janitorial services for Lincoln, NE
J4K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #7

It is difficult to tell , because it's all about numbers . But indeed , a direct contractor has much more responsability to the final client than a subcontractor . So at least your friend must do would be to supervise the works himself from time to time and keep close connection with the client , send reports , etc . Otherwise it will not work and it is better to refuse the contract in the first place and at least keep the reputation intact .

Los Angeles cleaning
Office cleaning Los Angeles
We provide office cleaning and commercial cleaning in Los Angeles
SwissClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:48 PM   #8

I really liked this*information.
Vinosyater is offline   Reply With Quote