I am fresh and New And want to start my commercial cleaning business, Advice Needed! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-27-2017, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

I am fresh and New And want to start my commercial cleaning business, Advice Needed!

Can anyone offer advice to someone who want to get started with commercial cleaning?
What are some things I can look out for? I want to start small then eventually grow, and I am not sure how the bidding process works or the best way to obtain new clients...any advice offered would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-29-2017, 01:24 PM

Get flyers made outlining your business and what makes you different. Start prospecting and going B2B. That is the cheapest "marketing" and prob one of the most effective. And once you start making soe money you can do some online advertising.
post #3 of Old 03-31-2017, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

thanks RobertC2020 I will have to look into that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-13-2017, 02:07 PM

Getting Started

ReneCole

As Robert suggested flyers are a good inexpensive way to get in front of a potential customer. Cold calling is free but has a high rejection factor but can work.
1.Consider calling some Non-Profits and offering your services and maybe bartering for a good review & a good referral.
2.There are some Cleaning Times publications which state the Time it Takes to Clean certain areas or tasks. Google 540 cleaning times pdf. Parish Supply has it and so do other sites.
3. Property Management companies, offer your services.

Good Hunting,
Brad BD Janitorial
post #5 of Old 05-18-2017, 04:23 AM

Hi,

In my opinion and experience in Mr. Homecare, I feel that online marketing helps you big time. Offline goes hand in hand, but make sure you create a strong online presence across Google and social media platforms.

Once you create a good presence, let people know you, and then work on user engagement. Don't spend too much initially on online marketing. Make sure that you team, whether it's small or big, know the importance of quality and customer relationship.

These are the basic advices. Once you reach the point where competitors are bidding on your keywords, then you are a good to go! Start spending.

Hope this helps! Cheers!
post #6 of Old 05-22-2017, 03:47 PM

Rene,

Can I suggest you bring up specific topics and problems we can help answer? Asking how to start a business is like asking for a book. There is so much it really depends on what you are having trouble with. You might want to look into the Small Business Administration for courses and mentors also. Anyway, when I started my air duct cleaning business I found that trial and error combined with asking specific questions of people who had been through it worked best. Good luck.

Eric
Air Health Services
air duct cleaning Marysville WA

Tags
commercial cleaning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode