Online Price Calculator - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-19-2016, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

Question Online Price Calculator

What do you think about having an online price calculator on a cleaning company website. We created a Cleaning Price Calculator but not sure if it is a good idea.

Pros, it provides automated filtering for clients who just want their cleaning to be as cheap as possible. It could also work as a competitive advantage as most commercial cleaning companies don't have prices on their websites. Most office managers don't like to wait for a few days and interview several cleaners, they just want to know how much it will cost ASAP.

Cons, it might create confusing or misunderstanding when the final price quoted is not the same as the online estimate.

I find office cleaning automated quotes impossible to achiever. However, the correlation between the area of the office, frequency and the quoted price, can't be ignored and want to provide some indication about the price ranges to our potential clients.

could you please check the calculator https://cleanservice.com.au/pricing and let me know what you think. Are you with or against and why?

Kathleen Doyle

Last edited by cleanservice; 07-19-2016 at 12:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-19-2016, 01:11 AM

3 easy steps

1.Log-in or register. Sign in with your Google account without entering any information. Or use simple Calculoid sign in.

2.Create a new calc or modify one. To create a calculator from scratch takes only few minutes. But there is even faster way. Find a calculator similar to what you need and click the Copy button.

3.Embed it into your website. It is very simple to insert a calculator to your website. You can use prepared embed code or one of prepared plugins to your CMS
post #3 of Old 12-19-2016, 01:44 PM

I say no. Homeowners don't want to have to calculate their home squarefoot and yadda yadda. Make it easy and do a price per hour. It's transparent and easy for everyone. Don't over complicate things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-21-2016, 11:55 PM

I use a calculator on my website. I wanted to capture the clients that are busy and don't want to wait for a reply.

Make a side note that let's people know that actual rates can fluctuate and give a range.
post #5 of Old 12-22-2016, 09:56 AM

I think it could be a good to capture emails for email marketing.

Have some kind of teaser like "click here to calculate cleaning cost" and they have to give their email address to use the calculator.

You could then follow up with a special discount coupon.

I also think you need a giant disclaimer on the pricing.

The biggest downside I see is that you upset customers when the calculator isn't accurate because of extenuating circumstances and you might attract a lot of price shoppers.

But overall I like and I think it's worth a shot. You can always take it down if it creates more problems than it's worth.
post #6 of Old 12-23-2016, 06:22 PM

I put a Calculator price on my website but i think is not a good idea, It works for you guys?
post #7 of Old 12-27-2016, 02:10 AM

Location: Greater Pittsburgh area including Allegheny, Beaver & Butler County, Pennsylvania
I Have Done Both - It Depends On Your Market

I firmly believe online price calculators are the wave of the future for cleaning services. They make buying easy and satisfy price shoppers. But I have had almost no success with them in rural areas while I love them for urban areas.

The Pros:

If you do it right the online calculator lets the client book and pay online and that info populates in your CMS (Content Management System) replacing your salesperson and office gal in the process. BUSINESS AUTOMATION should be first on your mind now so you have scale-able systems.

The Cons:

Makes purchase price based. Need another level to form relationship with client. Harder to sell at higher price points. Lose opportunity to make personal relationship and connection.

The truth:

Online booking works best at a very low price point and targets a different consumer than your traditional maid service. If done properly, it can be a wonderful addition to your business and open up new markets. Best of all, employing it successfully now will help you get ahead of your competition. However, If you only had a few leads direct in home sales are best closing ratio, then phone sales then internet booking. So internet booking works best with huge traffic to website.

As a new business you might want to get in front of as many people as possible first but you could make anything work if you offer great service.

Please check out my online booking form in my signature line and let me know what you think. If you like it I can give you the details how to get it yourself. It costs me $100 per month and that includes the backend CMS the online booking form feeds.
post #8 of Old 12-27-2016, 02:27 AM

Location: Greater Pittsburgh area including Allegheny, Beaver & Butler County, Pennsylvania
Sorry I did not have my signature set up but here it is.
post #9 of Old 03-12-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanservice View Post
What do you think about having an online price calculator on a cleaning company website. We created a but not sure if it is a good idea.

Pros, it provides automated filtering for clients who just want their cleaning to be as cheap as possible. It could also work as a competitive advantage as most commercial cleaning companies don't have prices on their websites. Most office managers don't like to wait for a few days and interview several cleaners, they just want to know how much it will cost ASAP.

Cons, it might create confusing or misunderstanding when the final price quoted is not the same as the online estimate.

I find office cleaning automated quotes impossible to achiever. However, the correlation between the area of the office, frequency and the quoted price, can't be ignored and want to provide some indication about the price ranges to our potential clients.

could you please check the calculator and let me know what you think. Are you with or against and why?
Check out the calculator on my website. It's generic one (many other sites use the same one) but it is flat-rate per room and seems to have good and bad points to it.

Mainly, the good is that people seem to like it far more than entering the info or having to call me to get a quote. The downside is that I don't have lead collection from it.
post #10 of Old 03-12-2017, 04:26 PM

Whoops! it would help if I linked to my home cleaning website
post #11 of Old 04-19-2017, 03:50 PM

People really like getting online quotes. If 50% of web sites had price calculators, the ones without it would not get any calls. People don't want to call for a quote. That said, if the price is high compared to others you have no chance to explain why your price is high (other than your web site content which may or may not get read). IMO, you will definitely increase your call volume by having the calculator if your competition does not have it. Go for it. I would do it on my window cleaning page but I have found that while we price by the number of corners, homeowners have no idea of how to count them! go figure.

Aaron
Top Notch Window Cleaning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode