Customer 24/7 - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-05-2017, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Customer 24/7

How do you deal with an acct which just got cut from 24/7 to 24/5 days a week? The cut is not due to my services but rather the entire plant is going from 132hr shifts to 8hr shifts and only Mon-Fri so the don't need my service on the weekend however I will be on call for Satudays. Would you charge extra for the on call service or stay at your regular rate? This is a big acct and I'm told today they are cutting back from using my 7 day service to 5 day's. This is going to certainly take a toll on my business. How would you handle such a situation? Our contract allows both of us to walk away if either of us have disagreements that can't be resolved. Any thoughts on how to avoid this sort of issue for future reference would be greatly appreciated, of course given there is a way to avoid it. Thanks

Last edited by stephjohn; 04-06-2017 at 08:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-06-2017, 12:15 AM

Well, I'm sure it is budget related but I would still ask them why they feel the need to go to five days, just to make sure it isn't anything you might be doing worng. Kindly respect their decsion and learn from it. Next I would get another account close by to this one to suppliment the two days they cut. Also, Maybe renegoiate the 7 day price. You might take a cut but it may be less then not having those whole 2 days. But honestly, I would get another account close by.
post #3 of Old 04-06-2017, 07:31 AM

I would make sure your not doing anything wrong then like Robert said I would get another account close by.

Matt's Pressure Washing Service LLC
Matt Beam
405-570-2158
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.mattspressurewashing.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-06-2017, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Its not anything I'm doing. The entire plant has shifted to 8hr shifts and from 7/24 to 5/24. So they don't need me on the weekends because they won't be open on the weekends. Sorry I should have included a bit more information. Also, they want me on call for Saturdays. Would you all charge more for on call? It would basically consist of me being notified at the last minute if I'm needed on Satuday. I was thinking an additional fee would be appropriate but I wasn't sure what others do in this situation. Thanks for the advice
post #5 of Old 04-11-2017, 09:28 AM

When a large account trims services, it's ALWAYS reason to be suspicious.

The fact that they are cutting down their own operations from 7 days per week to 5 days per week, means that their business is not doing as well as it was, or they're losing money.

It's a great time to reevaluate the account. Perhaps, it's time to upgrade equipment there. Or perhaps, implementing a new system or piece of technology is needed.

It seems that they are changing their schedule, but you should still always be wary.

Yes you should charge an increased fee for on-call visits.
post #6 of Old 04-17-2017, 01:42 AM

Hi Guys,
Well, I'm sure it is budget related but we would still ask them why they feel the need to go to five days, just to make sure it isn't anything you might be doing worng. Kindly respect their decsion and learn from it. Next we would get another account close by to this one to suppliment the two days they cut. Also, Maybe renegoiate the 10 day price. your might take a cut but it may be less then not having those whole 5 days. But honestly, we would get another account close by.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode