Google Search Ranking and Appearance - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-06-2017, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Google Search Ranking and Appearance

So I registered my business with "Google Business" and when I google my exact business name it pops up. But if I search "New Jersey Cleaning Companies" my business will not appear. It also won't appear as a ranked place. What can I do to increase my visibilty on google searches? Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-11-2017, 05:14 AM

You should look at using SEO tags sites such as Google adwords where it will allow your business to rank higher in the google search by using specific words that describe your business. As well as that make sure that everything on the website is optimised for the best online ranking.
post #3 of Old 04-24-2017, 10:35 AM

Google search algorithms have become extremely content driven and very smart. So you must review your website, regularly update your content, make it more quality, informative and helpful. Also do the detailed keywords research using Google Ad Words, find out the best keywords for your business and optimize the various pages of your website accordingly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-27-2017, 01:33 PM

Here is 1 place to get started with Local Search. Brad BD Janitorial

https://moz.com/local
post #5 of Old 04-28-2017, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Great

Great website! I'm going to work on my online presence based on what they recommanded!
post #6 of Old 04-30-2017, 05:03 PM

Hi Robert,

Do you mean your "website" is not being found when you type in "New Jersey Cleaning Companies"?

What is your website url and let me take a look.

I have built out and ranked carpet cleaning websites.

Thanks
PAUL
paulmeyersconsulting.com
post #7 of Old 04-30-2017, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMeyers View Post
Hi Robert,

Do you mean your "website" is not being found when you type in "New Jersey Cleaning Companies"?

What is your website url and let me take a look.

I have built out and ranked carpet cleaning websites.

Thanks
PAUL
paulmeyersconsulting.com

Yes, my website isn't being found. That would be great if you can take a look. My website is www.attentiontodetailcleaning.com
post #8 of Old 05-01-2017, 01:58 AM

Robert,
That website sure does look clean! (not a pun or joke- the layout and feel is really nice.).

As for the usability of the site- I am having a really hard time understanding where your business operates at. There is a contact phone and an email, but no address and no service area listed.
Even if you do get visits to the website, it might be hard to convert them to customers if they cannot figure out where you provide services location-wise.

Remember, regardless of what the 'SEO' clowns will tell/sell you- real people come to your website and you need to be talking to the real people. If it isn't clear to visitors where you are, what you do, and that sort of thing- it will not make a difference in the world if you have 1 or 1,000 visitors a day.

Smart cleaners clean and let promoters promote. I promote, check out how I do it here.
post #9 of Old 05-01-2017, 12:07 PM

Robert2020, I agree with Curtis. Customers need to know how to take action after they are on your site. To answer your question about why you come up when you search for your business name but not the search phrase you mentioned, it has to do with the way search engines see your website.

Just like the humans that visit your website need to be able to know where the business is, and what area your business services, search engines need to know what the site is about. Interestingly, many of the things that help people to learn about your business also help search engines. Additionally, how the humans interact with your site can be analyzed by some search engines. That is one reason why Curtis' advice is important.

I see one thing that can help. Your site uses the same phrase as the title of each page. Giving each page a unique "Title" is helpful because it helps people to know what the page is about. It also helps search engines know the topic(s) it will find on that page. SO, when you make the titles for your pages, make sure they accurately reflect the actual content that is on that page.

Illustration: If you went to the grocery store to pick up some cereal and you went down the cereal aisle to select your choice what would you think if all the boxes had different graphics and different colors, but every box had the title "Good Breakfast Cereal". It would be difficult. It is similar with a website that uses the same Title for every page on it.

If you want to see the "grocery aisle" for your website, just use the "site:" operator with your domain name and you will see a list of every page that google has taken note of on your site.

There are other things that you could do but that is the first one I would try. After you make unique titles for each of your pages, it will take a bit before google updates the results.

Kitchen Counter Care Products - Lustro Italiano
Products for the Stone Industry - Tenax USA
post #10 of Old 05-01-2017, 07:58 PM

Nowadays, it has become very hard to get your site on the top in Ranking, but you can run AdWords and do some social media stuff. you can get traffic and do some sort of things.
post #11 of Old 05-02-2017, 09:43 AM

I wouldn't say that it is hard to get your site to rank at the top. I would say that some search phrases are harder to rank for than others. So, knowing which phrases to go after, and then being consistent in adding new topics to target becomes an ongoing process rather than a set it and forget it type approach.

It might be easier for your to rank for the keyword you mentioned if it was very clear to everyone that visits your site where you were located and what area you cover. Curtis alluded to that in his comment. This is just one aspect you could try to go after.

After you have communicated where you are and what your service area is, the task shifts to differentiating your service from all the others. Unless you are the only carpet cleaning service in your local area, you will have to distinguish your business form others. The more competition, the harder it will be.

post #12 of Old 05-05-2017, 03:18 AM

There are a lot of ways to check how your website’s doing these days. The most common one people use is probably Google Analytics. Google Analytics is definitely a great tool for monitoring your site. However, since the ‘not provided’ development, it’s become pretty hard to monitor your SEO efforts. And unfortunately, most tools that can monitor your SEO efforts come at a costly price. Today I’ll be highlighting one of the free tools; Google Search Console.

Carpet Cleaning NYC provide emergency 24/7 cleaning services at affordable prices.
http://www.organicrugcleaners-nyc.com/
post #13 of Old 05-05-2017, 11:21 AM

Google Search Console is a nice feature. lisareis47, do you now if you can compare this year's reports to last year?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode