Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

How to clean carpet and remove stains?

9K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  maryancell001 
#1 ·
What are the best products or methods I can use to remove the stains my my white carpet in my new apartment? Some of the stains are from pets and some of the other stains are just drinks and other liquids that stained.

#3 ·
Ways to clean carpet:

Pre-Inspect – look for fading, discoloration, stains, pre-existing damage, color instability and odors to see if carpet repair is needed.
Pre-Vacuum – both the back and front side of each rug, as well as dusting.
Pre-Treat – spots, spills and stains using the most advanced spotting techniques.
Pre-Clean – fringes by hand.
Pre-Treat – traffic and heavily soiled areas.
Rinse – to start the rug cleaning and remove soil and cleaning residue to restore the natural feel
Restore – the nap with special grooming tools. (Fiber wear or distortion is not reversible)
Dry – your rugs in a climate controlled drying room or under the sun. Drying time is less than 24 hours.
Post Inspect – to assure the best cleaning possible.
Re-Treat – any remaining spots and stains.
Custom Pampering – provide any needed finishing touches specific to the best possible cleaning of your valuable rug.

#9 ·
No add Pl

Cute girl No ad Plz

well for white carpet you can use steam clean or dry cleaning method that would be effective , don't clean with water or hot water cleaning method coz water attracts dust than it may cause several other stain prob to your dear carpet

Cheers!!

Regards

Carpet Cleaning Cheshire

Expert in carpet cleaning

#16 · (Edited)
If you want to remove stain by yourself then you can try house hold product for cleaning your carpet. Use mild liquid dish detergent (which should not contain bleach or alkaline) mix thoroughly with water and spray into the carpet stain, for rigid stain use toothbrush to rub it. :thumbup:
If it doesn't work then I would suggest you to hire carpet cleaner.

#17 ·
This is about the last thing you want to do. Putting soap in your carpet will make it turn black in the long run. There is only 1 cleaner in the world that doesn't have a surfactant in it an that is Procyon. Most carpet cleaners won't use it because it keeps the carpet too clean and they don't get to return as often.

#21 ·
Cleaning carpet is essential for healthy living. Keep clean and stay healthy with janitorial supplies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.