Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

Is My Website Good??

7K views 27 replies 23 participants last post by  gwenrider 
#1 ·
Hey, Just finished up my website! Can I get some honest feed back from some of the wonderful members here! Thank you! Link Below.

#2 ·
When I look at your site, it seems that your guarantee logo and your social icons run off the page. Also, your phone number is not 'above the fold' (meaning you're not able to see it without scrolling).

Mobile is important! Your site is mobile responsive but things move into a strange order when in mobile mode. Since 60% of searches for services are done on phones, you need your phone number to be the easy thing for visitors to find. On mobile, yours is buried. Look at my buddies plumber website. If you open it on a phone, you see HIS phone number prominently on the first screen. This makes the phone calls happen more often.

You should also have your address and phone number in the footer of your page. Address helps you to look legit to your clients.

#10 ·
You are asking the wrong people if your web site is good. You need to survey potential clients not other service providers. Cleaning companies may or may not have good opinions but customers are never wrong. One place you can go to test your web site is usertesting.com and you can see if customers like it.

Julia
All City Cleaning Olympia Wa

#14 ·
Hi Robert,

Random thoughts in no particular order.

You have some great references on FB, consider asking those people if you can use their reviews on your website, and consider presenting those reviews along with the scrolling photos you have above the fold. Make the first scroll a review, then a photo, then another review, then a photo, etc. And the scroll itself is too big, in my opinion.

"Above the fold" -- also consider making bullet points above the fold, right under your scrolling photos and reviews, that talk about your main services (office and commercial cleaning, construction cleanup, real estate services), your complimentary 1-week cleaning, your experience, your cities of service, etc. Your About Us page has great bullet points, why not use them on your Home page, rather than making prospective customers hunt for them?

If it were me, I'd have my face photo right under your bullet points. Consider putting your message from the owner right next to your face photo.

Do you service more cities than Brick? Probably your 1st bullet point should be your cities of service, or even make that part of your headline. "Commercial office cleaning in Brick, Toms' River, Point Pleasant, Howell, wherever else you service."

Your Google map listing phone number (do a search for your business on Google Maps) doesn't match what you have on your website, and this is hurting you because Google is currently seeing conflicting phone numbers. Also consider changing your web address on your map listing from Facebook to your new web address we're talking about here. Gotta say that most commercial office managers probably don't give a flip about your FB page as much as they would be interested in checking out your website. You can change your phone number and web address in your Google My Business account.

When I do a Google search for "office cleaning Brick NJ" you don't show up in Google Maps (but when I click on "More places" in Google Maps you do show up way down in the list -- no one will ever find you because the vast majority of searchers never click on "More places". Same results when I search for "office cleaning Toms River NJ". And in neither search do I find your website anywhere, and that's probably due to your not having any, or very many, backlinks to your website. One thing you can do to build backlinks is to leave a link your website in every post you make on this forum.

Is there any way you can make your site fit the screen, rather than having a big scroll bar at the bottom?

But, a very nice effort, and I hope this helps!

Chris (kitpatrick)

#16 ·
I like your web site. The only thing I would suggest though is getting rid of the stock photos. They look a lot like stock photos and it makes the site look rather cold and uninviting. You are selling a personal service when you do cleaning or, like us, window cleaning and gutter cleaning. You need real photos of real places and real people. Otherwise...nice.

Aaron
Top Notch Cleaning

#23 ·
On Point

Hey, man good is an understatement what you have is nothing short of a great website.

I am inspired by the design, content, everything is on fricken point!

My questions are is this a templet you personally created and if so is it for sale to be customizable?

Thanks for sharing either way!

So Clean Virginia Beach LLC

socleanvirginiabeach.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.