Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum  
    Home     DIY Forum     Woodworking     Advertise     Contact Us  
Search
Go Back   Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum > Business Discussion > Sales & Marketing

Old 01-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #1

Default Commercial clenaing slogans and logos??

Can anyone help me out? Im looking into new t shirts and business cards...where can i find cleaning logos and slogans to help me out?
Imtheprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:57 AM   #2
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtheprez View Post
Can anyone help me out? Im looking into new t shirts and business cards...where can i find cleaning logos and slogans to help me out?
Logo companies are easy to find. Just go to Google and type in "logo" and get a few estimates.

Regarding slogans, you should make up your own or ask a few friends or family to give you slogan ideas. The marketing expert that I worked with when I was putting together my plan advised me that the slogan should not be too long and ideally should be melodic. In other words, if you ever do a commercial, the slogan should be such that it actually can be sang. Think about the Greyhound slogan: "Go Greyhound, and leave the driving to us". It's melodic and that slogan is sang in commercials.

The slogan should bring a positive image about your business to mind.

Advice: Go to Google and type in "advertising slogans". A huge amount will pop up. Study those slogans. Look at the length of each. Try to capture what you want the slogan to say about your business in as few words as possible.

Regarding business cards, your local Staples office store can create them for you cheaply and quickly. Have this done ASAP. They work!

Post your cards to community bulletin boards in book stores, grocery stores, etc. Keep push pins in your trunk so you always will be able to post your card if the need arises. Buy the long push pins so that you can post multiple cards at once. I was in a pizza store yesterday and there was a community board there. I wasted no time putting up some business cards.

T-shirts - Try to use a local company to do that for you. Use your phone book to find companies.

Until you can afford to start buying tee shirts, you might want to determine company colors and rely on that as a "uniform" for now. My company colors are black and white, so for now---to save money, I'm holding off on having t-shirts created. Instead, I bought buttons imprinted with my company's logo and they will wear those on the pocket of their cleaning aprons.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:09 AM   #3
Cat

Wait a minute. Sorry. I was under the impression you are a new company.

I just saw one of your posts elsewhere. You mentioned that you have been in business for 8 years.

How did you manage to go 8 years without business cards? Clarify again your post. Are you saying you are looking into where to buy business cards, logos and t shirts for the first time? Or are you saying you are looking strictly into where to buy new ones?

Last edited by Cat; 01-31-2008 at 05:11 AM.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:21 AM   #4

I have cards, shirts, etc...im just looking for a new design for the tshirts and a logo also.
Imtheprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:54 AM   #5
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtheprez View Post
I have cards, shirts, etc...im just looking for a new design for the tshirts and a logo also.
Okay, thanks for clarifying. If you are 100% sure you want a logo (though that's not a necessity), then wait until after the logo is created to have the tshirts designed.

Are you familiar with NEBS? www.nebs.com

They specialize in small businesses. They create logos and custom t-shirts.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:08 AM   #6

there are several logo maker software programs that you can purchase for less than $40 and then you can create your own logo that is unique to you and your business.

I highly recommend Logo creator by laughing bird software
t.peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #7

You are a cleaner, not a graphic artist. With absolutely no disrespect to Theresa.. hire someone to do the new design. If you have been in business eight years its time to strengthen your image. Even the very best designs done by non pros look strained to me. For $200 you can have something that rocks your world from www.kbkgraphics.com.
Everyone in my industry uses this company.
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
PressurePros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:16 PM   #8

I totally agree with Ken, imagine an Art Director and a Graphic artist trying to wax a VCT floor…what a total mess. Let the pros do what they do best.

But lets not stop here!
Why pay one person to create your logo when you can let a whole bunch of creative graphic artist from all around the WORLD competing to design your very own logo. And you decide how much you will pay by setting your contest prize amount. Its your contest, you be the judge and decide which logo you like best, and pick it.

In fact this is where Nathan got the CleaningTalk.com logo from.

I cant see any draw backs, can you?

http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9
Dirty Talk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #9

Ken - no offense taken

Drew (dirtytalk) excellent resource
t.peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid

I went to a local business for mine.

I had gotten one through a do-it-yourself program and it looked too canned.

I like Drew's idea!
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
TailoredMaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #11

Default Cleaning Company Logos Dry cleaning (or dry-cleaning) is any cleaning process for clo

Dry cleaning (or dry-cleaning) is any cleaning process for clothing and textiles using an organic solvent rather than water.

Cleaning and janitorial company website design and logos designing by top logo design companies just visit http://www.companylogos.ws/

Good Blog
David
companylogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:19 AM   #12

one important thing imo is don't chose a company that spam's forums, such as the one above ^^^ and any others in this post and that follow. why would you want to deal with a company that acts that way? i know i wouldn't as there is plenty other genuine companies that appreciate what spamming does to a forum
imadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:41 PM   #13

Default Shark Steam Pocket Mop

Shark Steam Pocket Mop is a home appliance that can be used for the home cleaning purpose.
Shark Steam Mop
nike007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:11 AM   #14

Layout some designs. Creating Logos and Slogan is something that company have to sit down and discuss. You can not create it just a snap of your finger. It is your product reputation. You have to give value of the design that you have created.

Even-though your business is a janitorial job you have to give credit to it.
It is right, if you already have a logo then it is easier for you to have business card. Make sure that your business had already established enough to stand up.

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #15

I vote for the logo software. Then you can adjust it as you want. I get bored over the years and like to play with the logo....
ECBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #16

Send a message via Skype™ to eryals
Lightbulb May I suggest shift?

Hi, I just found this forum and saw your post. I wanted to mention shift,llc. as a solution to your logo/slogan issue. shift is a consulting firm that works specifically with the restoration industry and specializes in logos, business cards, print/marketing collateral, and websites. We work with contractors across the country and in Canada too. You should check out our portfolio on our website to get an idea of all of the unique designs we have created for our clients. Be sure to contact me if you are interested or have any questions. http://bigshift.net/portfolio.html
eryals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #17

Creative art designers can charge an arm and a leg.

I used www.logomaker.com you can play around for free online and only purchase when you're ready too.
Mighti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:03 PM   #18

You could also try asking around to see if there are any recent design school grads that are hard up for business. A lot of times those guys/girls can really do some nice stuff, and will do it cheap. Good luck!
Old 03-16-2011, 01:41 AM   #19

Thanks for the post , landing page design
marvenniffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:43 AM   #20

Default water damage New-York

Wow. I love your helpful and very informative article. So cool I've found blog like this very original.Keep it up hope to see some more blogs like this.This post is great very informative.

Nowadays, people are aware on their Home Facilities.
Rugs and carpets can become water damaged for many reasons, from leaky roofs to full-blown floods from heavy storms or hurricanes. When water damage occurs, it must be taken care of as quickly as possible in order to prevent permanent damage. One source of damage that is often overlooked is the mold that can grow when there is moisture in a rug or carpet. This mold can not only cause damage, but health problems as well. To avoid this problem, you need a full water damage mold restoration. The water damage mold restoration professionals at Oriental Rug Care NY can prevent mold from taking over your flooring, your health, and your life. If you want to make sure that the water damage mold restoration is done right, Oriental Rug Care NY is the place to go.