Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum  
    Home     DIY Forum     Woodworking     Advertise     Contact Us  
Search
Go Back   Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum > Interior Cleaning and Restoration > Commercial Cleaning > Floor Care

Old 08-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #1

Default floor stripping

Hi could anyome tell me who makes the best floor stripper. I ve tried a few but i looking for,that stripper that i only have to put down once.. if there is any such stripper?

thanks
10bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #2

I heard Butchers is pretty good although I never used it. If a one coat stripper is out there I'd be curious about it too.

Are you trying to save time and effort?
Speedball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #3

Default floor strippier

Hi speedball,
Yes am trying to save time,and my back. I did some floors this past weekend.I tried a new pad as well. I also have heard butchers may be good. Well thanks for the tip.. i well try it on my next job..and let you know.
10bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #4

I hear you about the saving the back as that is my biggest problem.

My most recent floor was just a shade over 400 square feet and I had to strip it 6 times. I'm catching on quick so maybe the next time it wont be so slow. Also decided not to do these floors by myself.
Speedball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:13 AM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to j.douglas
Thumbs up stripper

I will try butchers and post an outcome...
j.douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 AM   #6
J4K

Butchers is good, another good product is Ax It from Betco.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/J4K-C...89116767802011

Complete janitorial services for Lincoln, NE
J4K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:30 PM   #7

I found that prostrip from from Johnson and johnson has always worked well. but I have run in to my own problem. I have some floors with 10 years of sealer and wax build up. the sealer rolles up like glue balls and leaves a rough finish. I have stripped it over 3 times and hand scraped it. I used 50/50 stripper of prostrip. I have 70 more hospital patient rooms to go. Not a lot of fun. the only good thing is that they are not all that bad.
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10bballer View Post
Hi could anyome tell me who makes the best floor stripper. I ve tried a few but i looking for,that stripper that i only have to put down once.. if there is any such stripper?

thanks

Hi,
If you are in Canada, then Areal Building Services provide you a best floor stripper and cleaning service in Canada.
arealservices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #9
Dan

Betco Hands down. for stripping floors in Hickory Lenoir, NC. Betco is the best I have used, and I have tried many many of them.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #10

Default the best floor stripper

i use siclair turbo stripper with two rigid blades

Sinclair Turbo Stripper W/2 Rigid Blades http://www.bbcleaningservice.com/Bus..._services.html
BusyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:30 AM   #11

Quote:

thanks
Make sure that floor doesn't have dust and debris. It is necessary to strip the whole floor, So that patchy floor will not occur it may happen during the moving of furniture. But be sure to clean the floor before starting the process floor stripping.

rosalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #12

Lightbulb Stripping reccomendations

The best floor stripper I've used is National Chemical Laboratories BARE BONES Floor Stripper along with using a stripping bush as opposed to black pads. The brush paid for itself the first three jobs I used it on.
acewoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #13

We have lots of procedures in the marketplace which can help you to strip your wooden flooring. If you don't like to cope with chemicals and fear about harmful toxins, you should stick with the conventional sander to remove the dust from your wooden floor.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #14

The best floor stripper I have used PH NEUTRAL.

An environmentally friendly low-odor Neutral ph stripper perfect for use in places where a high pH stripper cannot be used. Contains no ammonia, butyl, caustic or other harsh materials. This product is safe for the user and the environment, and contains no VOC levels that exceed established regulatory limits. Ideal for use on synthetic flooring such as rubber, linoleum or anywhere a high pH stripper will damage the substrate.
adverd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #15

How about floor finish? Does anybody used Renown high gloss floor finish? The Amsan salesmen sad that it is very popular finish, but it is inexpensive and I concern about it's quality.
staralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #16

Default Stripper

I found that using a 4 to 1 mix will work for stripping one. However, I do own a nylon grit brush which eliminates clogging.
jadmiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #17

Default Floor Strippers

Looking for a good floor stripper this may help.

Cantol STRIP-EZE is a heavy duty, fast acting, bond releasing industrial stripper formulated to soften, penetrate and remove paint, varnish and sealers. Use STRIP-EZE on metal, concrete, wood, brick, cinder block, terrazzo and similar types of hard surfaces. STRIP-EZE is available in liquid form as well as gel which enables it to cling to vertical surfaces, eliminating waste from dripping. STRIP-EZE contains an evaporation retardant and an emulsifier to permit rinsing with water. STRIP-EZE is nonflammable and noncorrosive. Powerful, penetrating agents in STRIP-EZE cut through multiple layers of aged paint, varnish and seal saving time and labour. STRIP-EZE is easily applied by brush, roller, mop or dip methods.

OR

BELIEVE! is a labour-saving no rinse stripper for floors. It is a powerful product designed to strip even the hardest thermoplastic, burnished or metal cross-link floor finishes in half the procedure time of ordinary strippers with half the effort. BELIEVE! requires no rinsing or neutralizing and can be used with or without machine scrubbing. BELIEVE! allows you to properly prepare your floor for recoating with floor finish with no machine, no scrubbing pads, no neutralizers, no long down time and no floor rinsing. The fast acting,
penetrating liquid is non-ammoniated for use in areas where harsh, strong odours could cause problems. The low foaming feature of BELIEVE! enables you to see the area being stripped and provides for a faster, thorough pick-up by mop, wet vac or an automatic scrubber. Because of the efficient solvent-power of BELIEVE!, it is not recommended for linoleum or rubber floor tiles as softening could occur. On asphalt tile, test first in an inconspicuous area to determine if softening or discoloration will occur

Hope this helps
Shawn Dunn
717-405-8511
Sdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #18

Quote:

thanks
Hillyard's Arsenal Stripper is AWESOME!! Just as great is Rose Terminator.
I have used many different strippers and I completely understand saving your back and your time! I personally dont care for any cheap Betco product! Combine a good stripper with the right pad first off - 3M Pads are simply better than any other and they last about 4 times longer, this comes from the abrasive coating that is coated all the way through on all fibers of the pad. Initial cut may be comparable with many others, but the other's abrasivness will not last as long. Try using an SPP pad (Surface Prep Pad).

Rose Products in Ohio used to make the Terminator Stripper. Rose was bought out by Hillyard several years ago but continues to manufacture Terminator because it was so popular in Ohio. 8oz per gallon mix works great! The Arsenal system offers some of the best stripper I have used as well.

If you are trying to strip a floor that has many layers of "good" finish (over 10), you will probably be stripping more than once no matter what you use.
I have never found a "no-rinse" stripper or a "green" stripper that is worth the bucket it comes in. The "Neutral" or "Low PH" strippers have their specific needs, but standard VCT Tile is not one of them.
cmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #19

Some do find it hard to believe. Believe has been a #1 stripper seller for cantol for over 20 years I'm sure if it didn't work as described they would have discontinued the product. It's a 1-3 dilution rate allow it to soak for 5-6 minutes for heavy build ups. Remove the stripper and allow it to dry before applying floor finish. It's $34.20 per gallon but now a days you get what you pay for, and the product is intended to save in labor time. Hope this helps

Thanks,
Shawn

How many other chemical companies offer this type of guarantee?

GUARANTEE:
Cantol guarantees its products, when used as directed, to do all it claims. Should the product fail to demonstrate our claims, the remaining material may be returned to us and no charge will be made
Sdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #20

I agree, you get what you pay for!
Terminator is about the same price with same guarantee.
cmichael is offline   Reply With Quote