House washing tips - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-27-2011, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

House washing tips

If you are thinking about washing the exterior of your home yourself, I would like to offer some very important house washing tips. I have been in the pressure washing field for 25 years and love to be able to share my knowledge with everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-23-2011, 12:21 PM

Im not in the pressure washing field yet however I would love some tips on it. As well as any tips on what to look for in a starting power washer for driveways, homes, parking lots etc...

Veterans Window Services LLC
18637 N 35th Place
Phoenix, AZ 85050
(602) 295-6819
Window Cleaning Phoenix Scratched Glass Repair
post #3 of Old 07-24-2011, 03:52 PM

Thanks for sharing man. Very useful!

Cleaning Is What i DO!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-24-2011, 04:50 PM

Thanks for sharing what? Im confused!?!

18637 N 35th Place
Phoenix, AZ 85050
(602) 295-6819
post #5 of Old 07-24-2011, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

From the tips i give on my link from 30 years of pressure washing experience. Washing a house is a little different than washing a window!

Last edited by montague8; 07-24-2011 at 05:09 PM.
post #6 of Old 07-24-2011, 05:21 PM

Huh? Washing a house obviously is different that washing windows. Im not sure if you are joking or what.. but ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montague8 View Post
From the tips i give on my link from 30 years of pressure washing experience. Washing a house is a little different than washing a window!

18637 N 35th Place
Phoenix, AZ 85050
(602) 295-6819
post #7 of Old 07-24-2011, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by templbi View Post
Huh? Washing a house obviously is different that washing windows. Im not sure if you are joking or what.. but ok.
Yea, sorry, I really didn't word that right. But I really do have some useful tips on house washing. But there is so much more that i didn't put in either. Making a mistake on someones home could be very costly.
post #8 of Old 07-26-2011, 06:15 AM

Hey nice house washing article!

Keep them coming, I love reading about pressure washing and roof cleaning.

Peerless Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida
(813)230-5915
Professional Shingle and Tile Tampa Roof Cleaning Blog
post #9 of Old 07-26-2011, 07:10 AM

good one, like it thanks for sharing

post #10 of Old 07-26-2011, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Thanks!!

Thank you for the compliments on the article. I will try to put more info on house washing and other related pressure washing topics such as how to articles on deck washing, roof washing, and my favorite, building restoration. i have done a lot of work for the historical society restoring old brick buildings and also for a lot of school buildings. There is just so much to write. Also if anybody would like some help in the web-site area, I am pretty good at SEO [search engine optimization ]. Even though my site is just a free blog, a lot of my pages are ranked, if not the top three, at least the first page of google. They are really a non-competitive long-tail local search titles, but in my area I pretty much rank with just a free blog! I love sharing the knowledge! But thanks again. I love the feed back, especially from a senior member!
post #11 of Old 10-04-2011, 09:28 PM

Good tip on not letting it dry on the windows. If you do, you will be able to add "window cleaning" to your portfolio.

Capital Roof Wash and Exterior Pressure Cleaning
post #12 of Old 10-05-2011, 07:42 AM

Great pressure washing tips. We are a Pressure Washing Houston Texas company as well as a Roof Cleaning company with over 20 years experience and certainly appreciate your tips as well.

Houston Texas most trusted source for pressure washing and roof cleaning services. Call or text 2818838470

Houston Texas Soft Wash Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing School
post #13 of Old 10-05-2011, 03:44 PM

Good tips! I like the first one best.

Beyond that, those tips are great for home owners and contractors too.

Now, I gotta tell ya this ture story...

Several years ago my next door neighbor goes down to Lowe's (I think it was Lowe's) and buys a 3200PSI Excel pressure washer. Pretty nice cold water machine; AR pump/Honda 11hp engine. He paid around $1100 for it.

Well, he destroyed all the screen windows on his house and carved a few tunnels in his concrete walk with it. To make a long story short, he sold me the machine for $650, and that was after he blew-up the pump and had to have it replaced.

The moral of the story, especially for home owners is: Use the right size tip for the job and use only the amount of pressure necessary to clean the house.

BTW, I still have that Excel machine!

Emerald Coast Roof Cleaning, LLC
post #14 of Old 10-29-2011, 12:42 AM

Washing a house is not rocket science but it does take some knowledge of equipment, methods, and house cleaners used in order to give you the best results possible. Many people wash their own homes but do not get the results that a professional house washing company would deliver. We have seen homeowners only wash the bottom half of their two story house year after year. The upper parts of the house get neglected to the point that when they do call a professional, it may cost them more to have it cleaned and it may not clean up as well as the bottom portion.

The biggest problem with DIY house washing, is that most homeowners are not going to use contractor grade house cleaners. Most will but some cheap big box store house wash or just use nothing at all. The house wash sold to consumers has to be safe to handle, unfortunately this makes it pretty worthless as far as actually cleaning your house siding.
post #15 of Old 11-15-2011, 04:35 AM

Location: 16 Tower Office Park, Woburn, Massachusetts 01801 USA
I appreciate your tips about house cleaning these tips are really awesome...... Thanks for it.
post #16 of Old 11-23-2011, 04:56 PM

Great points and you had me all the way up to the word "brushing"

The right cleaner (including detergent builders like sodium metasilicate) will get a house white glove clean without ever touching a brush. Let me amend that, gutters still need to be brushed with a specialty cleaner to break the bonding/streaking.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #17 of Old 01-31-2012, 10:55 AM
post #18 of Old 05-05-2012, 12:33 AM

I also agree that it is not that easy as it seems to wash your house. Hence, I would say that hiring a professional pressure washing company for your house wash will save you time and money.
post #19 of Old 05-18-2012, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleansrvc View Post
I also agree that it is not that easy as it seems to wash your house. Hence, I would say that hiring a professional pressure washing company for your house wash will save you time and money.
Well, I am also agree house washing is not easy as it seems. Definitely hiring a professional company is good idea. Moreover they will assist you for saving money and time,
post #20 of Old 06-21-2012, 05:18 AM

The home clean sell to customers has to be secure to lever, unluckily this make it pretty valueless as far as actually cleaning your house.

Tags
house washing tips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode