Cleaing bathrooms FAST! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-06-2017, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Question Cleaing bathrooms FAST!

Hey everyone - here's my question. Do y'all have tips on how I can clean bathrooms faster? I'm at the point right now where cleaning a full bath with a tub-shower is taking me at least an hour. I have one customer with glass shower doors and it is taking at least an hour and a half. I feel like my Achilles-heal is the shower. I spray with shower cleaner, scrub the walls, squeegee them, and clean the tub and tracks. Then I clean both sides of the shower doors. Argh...how long does it take you all to clean showers/bathrooms? Am I doing something wrong?. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-07-2017, 07:05 PM

I wouldn't say that you're doing anything wrong, however the time you are spending seems a bit excessive, especially if these are reoccurring accounts and the condition of the bathroom could be stated as average. Today's large bathrooms with walk in showers, glass doors, soaking tubs and various special surfaces to contend with, do take some time. I would consider the following 1.) look at professional cleaning products that don't require rinsing, saves time 2.) make sure your cleaning products and tools are well organized so you don't waste time moving back and forth. 3.) Consider when the job is done well enough to be considered completed ....unless of course you are charging the customer $$ to detail every sq foot of the bathroom ( most likely not) 4.) some bathrooms are bears... Is this a one off situation,are you able to make up time else wear in the home so that it evens out?
post #3 of Old 01-31-2017, 07:44 PM

Cleanexp, what are some cleaning products for showers and baths that don't require rinsing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-01-2017, 11:25 AM

There has to be about a billion web pages on bathroom cleaning products and what they do well. There is no magic product. If you are cleaning the bathroom thoroughly and not slacking off while you do it then you are doing it right. If the client wants something less professional done in a shorter time then maybe that is a negotiation point on the bathroom cleaning check list for this client. Keep up the good work.

Julia
All City Cleaning Service
post #5 of Old 02-01-2017, 04:10 PM

HydrOxiPro is one that comes to mind. It can be diluted to different strengths to tackle soap scum, mirrors and floors. It's a good product.
post #6 of Old 02-02-2017, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanexp View Post
HydrOxiPro is one that comes to mind. It can be diluted to different strengths to tackle soap scum, mirrors and floors. It's a good product.
Have you ever cleaned dirty showers without rinsing? Just wondering if it really works.
post #7 of Old 02-03-2017, 08:06 AM

Thumbs up

I, too, have struggled with this issue. In my town, the water leaves a whitish film on glass shower doors. Nothing I have tried (yet) works well to remove it. And those huge Roman tubs? UGH, I hate cleaning those! Hardly anyone uses those tubs, but they get dusty anyway. Bathrooms can be time consuming, and I have to budget my time so I DONT spend too much time on them. And then there is that perennial issue of clutter. Most people keep a collection of cosmetics, facial cleaners, tissues, etc etc., on bathroom counter tops. I dont know about you, but I cant remember exactly where 20 items were before I cleaned!

People are happy how I clean their bathrooms, so I must be doing something right. But it can be frustrating.
post #8 of Old 02-09-2017, 06:46 AM

Hello hope this comment finds you in good if you want to contact the official and professional commercial cleaners with affordable prices please contact the info i have mentioned below p.s they resolve the queries you have what in your mind perhaps i am sharing the info down here:

Pro Deep Clean

0141 846 0022
post #9 of Old 03-16-2017, 03:47 AM

My technique of cleaning bathrooms includes a pre-treatment, especially if I do an end of tenancy type of clean. You see, when you're doing a tenancy clean, you are the one that prioritizes the tasks. So I will usually turn the shower's hot water for about 2-5 minutes to steam the bathroom and then spray all over with detergent. I then go and do another task, like dusting the entry or something else that won't take much time and effort. Then I return to scrub the bathroom and because I've steamed it earlier and let the cleaning product work its magic, it is way easier and faster to clean the entire room.
post #10 of Old 03-17-2017, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Good Info!

Hi All,

@ Cleanexp - thanks for the info on Hydroxi Pro. I'm going to give it a try! I'm currently using Quick n Brite, but I'm a little less than impressed.

@ Missannienow - Good to know I'm not the only one. Yes, I totally agree about the different bottles of toiletries people leave on their counters. That makes a long job even longer. It's not that I mind cleaning bathrooms necessarily, but with trying to budget my time, I just wish I could get done faster so I don't run behind on my other tasks.
post #11 of Old 03-18-2017, 12:02 AM

I don't know how you can cut down on your shower cleaning process. Those glass enclosure showers are just a PITA and are common complaint area. Customers often expect near perfectly cleaned glass without a single streak.

Barkeeper's Friend is pretty amazing for hard water stains on glass shower doors and tracks. It rinses alright, but baking soda rinses more cleanly so if there isn't a lot of build up, I'd try baking soda first.

Other than that, letting the product sit while you do some dusting and tidying will help save you time on scrubbing.

Zen Maids Professional Cleaning
Cleaning Your Pad with the Power of Nature
post #12 of Old 03-18-2017, 07:43 AM

Wouldnt BarKeeper's Friend scratch the glass? What is working for me is using a good all purpose cleaner first, or even an Oxy type cleaner, THEN using glass cleaner.
One of my biggest annoyances in cleaning bathrooms is when I see that the shower stall (walk in types-) has just bee used and is wet. If I am to clean it, I have to be inside the stall! What I do is stand on two of my washcloths (cleaning rags), but I find this unsatisfactory.
My other, and worst problem is this: how the heck do you guys clean a walk in shower that does NOT have a detachable shower hose, just a fixed one? I am really stumped on this, and would appreciate everyones advice. If there's no hand held shower wand, it seems like I have to get inside and HAND scrub everything, which takes far too much time. Cleaning a home efficiently is important to customers (and to me!) No one wants to pay more than the cleaner promised.

My last pet peeve about bathrooms is an obvious one. UGH, when you go inside to find the toilet had not been flushed. And I dont mean urine.

Annie

Tags
bathrooms , cleaning , fast , shower , tab

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode