Do you use a checklist? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-31-2016, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Do you use a checklist?

I've found it easier to stay organized and ensure I don't miss anything if I use a checklist. And, this makes my clients happy! It's pretty basic, but I also get things done faster. Would love to see some of your checklists.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-01-2016, 08:32 AM

Yes, having a checklist is the only way to go!
post #3 of Old 11-08-2016, 10:05 AM

Yes but for internal use only and to give customers an idea as to what we do on each visit. I wouldn't leave a copy with customers. They end up nit picking over a single missed windowsill. Nope nope nope.

Zen Maids Professional Cleaning
Cleaning Your Pad with the Power of Nature
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-12-2016, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the comment, I think that's a great point about the nitpicking if you give them your checklist. Cheers!
post #5 of Old 12-27-2016, 02:36 AM

Location: Greater Pittsburgh area including Allegheny, Beaver & Butler County, Pennsylvania
You should have a checklist

Clearly communicating expectations is the key to successful house cleaning. A check list does this. It is unfortunate to hear others say they don't give a checklist because clients would complain. This is a short-cut or way to hide poor service. Not advisable - have a checklist then train your maids to clean it.
post #6 of Old 01-22-2017, 04:57 AM

Yes, i thin checklist can make you more determined, and able to do more.
post #7 of Old 01-22-2017, 03:13 PM

A basic internal checklist is a must, to ensure standards are always being met. The client does not need a checklist, as stated above it gives them more room to complain if the tiniest detail has been missed.
post #8 of Old 02-01-2017, 11:30 AM

A house cleaning checklist is a must but I disagree with the people saying don't give it to the customer. When you give it to them it shows you checked and you were thorough. Frankly if the nit pick it and point out things you missed then they will be helping you improve. If they don't have the list they will bitch about things not done that you had no intention of cleaning in the first place! Be professional.

Julia
All City Cleaning Service
post #9 of Old 02-09-2017, 08:08 AM

Thumbs up

I worked as a nurse for many years, and boy did that teach me to be organized! I had to be or errors would be made. Now that I have my own cleaning business, I dont find I need a checklist, but then, I dont have (or want-) employees. What I do is thoroughly discuss the clients expectations with them before I clean their home. I try to find out how THEY see their home, what things bother them the most, so I can make sure I focus on those things.

If I had employees, I think a checklist is a great idea, and yes, it should be given to the customer. We can all improve on what we do, no one is exempt from that. Sometimes it is hard to get negative feedback (and sometimes its not justified-) but we have to be able to look at what we're doing and be willing to change.
post #10 of Old 03-10-2017, 01:53 PM

Give your customer a less detailed checklist and make your internal one more detailed. That way your team will be over delivering on the service.

Zen Maids Professional Cleaning
Cleaning Your Pad with the Power of Nature
post #11 of Old 03-12-2017, 04:07 PM

I couldn't imagine do this kind of work without a checklist. There'd be too much inconsistency between jobs and arguments with the clients regarding what scope was for each job.
post #12 of Old 03-12-2017, 06:34 PM

I would like to see a couple of examples of your checklists, all of you. I always talk with new clients, and try to understand how THEY see their homes, not how I see their home. I see regular cleaning as a process where I slowly get to understand how they see things, and do things their way (within reason. LOL!)
But I really would like to understand how your checklists look and see if one could benefit me.
Thank you!
Annie
post #13 of Old 03-14-2017, 09:14 AM

A checklist is a must

Having a checklist will enable you to clean the home quicker, in a more efficient manner and ensure important cleaning areas and items are not missed.

If you are an expert at what you do and provide high standards of service, then you should not think twice before handing over the checklist to the client.

Aseem Govil | Home Cleaning Expert @ A2Z End of Lease Cleaning
post #14 of Old 03-16-2017, 03:34 AM

Checklists are important. Well organized checklists even more. I have made several lists depending on the type of property, whether it is carpeted or not, etc. and I have prioritized the tasks in it. This allows me to develop a good flow when working and cover more cleaning tasks for less time. I do end of tenancy cleaning, so time is quite important. Well developed checklists help me squeeze up to four jobs on some days.
post #15 of Old 03-16-2017, 07:00 AM

I'll ask again. I would truly like to see an example of these checklists. I consider myself to be (at this point in this business-) very organized and prioritize in my head. Plus I always ask the client where she/he wants me to start. Keep in mind I do not have employees, its just me and I mostly do residential for this reason.
Annie
post #16 of Old 05-27-2017, 10:11 PM

Hi, i have published 53 house cleaning tips. See more details at my website.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode