Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum  
    Home     DIY Forum     Woodworking     Advertise     Contact Us  
Search
Go Back   Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum > Interior Cleaning and Restoration > Residential Cleaning

Old 04-19-2007, 02:38 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to GreenClean
Default Foreclosure Home Cleaning Bids

We just got a foreclosure home to bid and clean!

Can anyone help me with details of what to include and what others are charging?

Thanks,

Michael
Green Clean
GreenClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:55 PM   #2

Many are just move out cleanings, but some however are trash outs that require you to have to remove left possessions, trash, etc.... prior to cleaning.

I would recommend that you walk thru the job prior to billing it so that you know for sure what you are getting into and are able to price accordingly
t.peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.peterson View Post
Many are just move out cleanings, but some however are trash outs that require you to have to remove left possessions, trash, etc.... prior to cleaning.

I would recommend that you walk thru the job prior to billing it so that you know for sure what you are getting into and are able to price accordingly

Definitely do a walk-thru and "estimate" the time you think it might take. And emphasize the fact that it is an estimate. Make sure you look at the oven, fridge, kitchen cabinets, bathrooms for lots of crud.

i've never done a trash out but have done many that had issues I didn't notice during the initial look.

As far as price, I charge a minimum of $250 for these depending on the size of the space and amount of work involved. I've gotten $500 for some of the rougher places.

These jobs are tough but I love them because there is always a dramatic difference between the before and after.

Just figure what you are willing to work for an hour and go for it

suzi g
suzikg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzikg View Post
These jobs are tough but I love them because there is always a dramatic difference between the before and after.

suzi g
I agree with you there I love the sense of accomplishment when a trashed out home looks pristine and gleaming when we finish as well
t.peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:58 AM   #5

Hi, my name is Monica Romero,
I've been doing this cleaning houses for over 4 yrs. I have recently started cleaning foreclosed houses for a REo company but the pay isnt all that much since I'm a single parent of 4 girls..
I'd like info. on how to start this on my own.
I do have all the experience and supplies ( trailer,workers) which include my dad whos been repairing houses for over 30+ yrs.
I do have pics of my work since I had to e-mail them to the lady who I cleaned for..
BUT what do I do to get my own clients and where do I start ??
need to do something now !!
do i have to be licensed and bonded??
do I just have to promote myself??
But where??
do I need my own website?? how do I do that??
monica_rmr@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:20 PM   #6

Default House Cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.peterson View Post
I agree with you there I love the sense of accomplishment when a trashed out home looks pristine and gleaming when we finish as well
There is nothing like the feeling of accomplishment especially when it's your own business.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:27 AM   #7

Default Foreclosure Cleanup Training Guide with REO Bank Contacts

Go to this site: click here! They have an excellent training guide with the hud guideline tables to help you price your bids. Good luck
dreamstinvestments is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:49 AM   #8

Default How to Bid your Foreclosure Cleaning Bids

For trashouts, banks usually follow the hud guidelines very closely, take lots of pictures and include them with your bid, go to this website: http://www.listbankrepos.com They have a good Foreclosure Cleanup training guide, it comes with the HUD guidelines and the bank contacts so you can get more contracts. Congratulations on your first bids!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenClean View Post
We just got a foreclosure home to bid and clean!

Can anyone help me with details of what to include and what others are charging?

Thanks,

Michael
Green Clean
Old 01-18-2010, 12:55 AM   #9

Default www.instanthomelink.com is a good place to get contracts

I forgot to mention this, we belong to http://www.instanthomelink.com REO Asset managers frequently search here for vendors to clean out their foreclosures, we have gotten many jobs from here and they also send our resumes directly to the REO Asset Managers every month. I highly recommend joining here!!
Old 04-30-2010, 03:50 PM   #10

Default cleaning guide

Hey, thanks for the link for the training guide. I really appreciate it.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #11

Default What am I doing wrong?

I started a foreclosure clean out biz and have been trashing them out now for a week. I know I'm new at this and will take me some time but how can I clean these faster than what I'm doing? My contact said that a two man crew can clean out two homes in one day. Thats removing all debris and cleaning bathrooms and kitchen, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning appliances, replacing bulbs, light switches, cleaning ceiling fans and light fixtures, windows with inside track, lawn cut, not to mention all the photos they want me to take in the process, and taking it all to the dump. Its taking me and my friend at least 10 hours to do all this cleaning. The only way I can do two houses is if I dont sleep. And with the money they are paying me, its just not worth it right now. Can anybody give some advise on what the banks really look for in a cleaned out house? Any pointers on how I can clean them out faster? Starting to think if I should have spent my money on a different biz. Thanks.
MoMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #12

Thumbs up Getting Foreclosure Cleaning Contracts/Bids and Pricing

If you are looking to get more foreclosure cleaning contracts, register your business everywhere with all the banks and reo asset management companies. Here is a website where you can get a list of over 1200 Foreclosure Bank Reo Departments, Reo Asset Managers, & Reo Asset Management Companies and their complete contact information. http://listbankrepos.com/Reo-Asset-Managers-List.aspx Then, sign up with them all.

If you need to learn how to price your bids/jobs. Most of the banks use the hud guidelines to set their price limits, you bids can be higher but you have to back it up with lots of pictures. Here is where you can get the hud guidelines:
http://listbankrepos.com/startaforec...recleanup.aspx

Also, you can get foreclosure cleaning contracts from real estate agents by contacting them on the Foreclosure Cleanup Network, it's free to join and network too. http://www.foreclosurecleanupnetwork.com
Old 06-20-2010, 11:34 PM   #13

Bank cleaning? Well its not necessarily "all roses" since they banks pay schedules are designed for you to "go broke" and not make any "profit". Just the facts. The cleanout business is only for the few that will fail or is able to survive for the 2-5 years to get enough "in" with a company to go into the repair/rebuilding side of the business. That is where the P&P companies that have been in existence for longer than 5 years normally ends up. We have been in the REO/Foreclosure business for 14+ years and learned a long time ago the "cleaners come and the cleaners go". Normally a life span of the cleaners is less than 1 year since by that time all the $$ is long gone.
To trully be profitable get together with a company that has been servicing Foreclosed Properties for many years and hang on to the "coat-tails" and learn the trade and make $$ while doing it.
As far as cleaning? Most only want a "broom swept" condition which is only a light sweeping/wiping of all surfaces and get the heck out of there. In fact most homes sell faster and for more $$ dirty than clean. Buyers think they get a better deal on a dirty foreclosed home than a clean one I know it don't make sense but ask the knowledgeable realtors and let then give you their thoughts.
Priceing? We will not touch a initial cleanout (no matter if there is only a little debris) for less than $800.00. A crew of 2 must gross over $500.00 per day (after landfill and gas expenses) or they fail.
Theres a free lesson.
Good luck.
fremontreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:25 PM   #14

Nice post but I will disagree. Fannie Mae put out a memo to realtors, asset managers and some of us Sams Vendors that a house that had a "clean out" completed netted $412.00 more than a house that was not "cleaned out"...
Fact is that overall a house not cleaned out and no cleanout fees paid out will net the bank/mortgage company more than 1 that is clean.
This does not include the exterior work or mowing. Who knows since I'm sure every market is different.
Example: today we completed carpet cleaning with our truckmount on 2 properties and the realtor had been recommending to remove the carpets...not now
Sometimes making the property look "new" does help but price is the final for the decision making....
Also, Union? its coming according to a lot of P&P contractors who have been getting "polled" by the Laborers Union..it will happen...Good? Bad?
Don't know on that one.
fremontreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:53 AM   #15

Thumbs up Foreclosure Cleaning Pricing and Bids

When we started out we weren't really sure how to bid our jobs too. There are several factors to take into consideration. It really depends upon how much square footage the property is and how big of a job it is, but majority of the national asset management companies and banks use the hud guidelines to set their prices, I highly recommend getting them, it makes bidding and pricing your foreclosure cleaning jobs a lot easier.

Here is the link where we got them
http://bit.ly/hudguidelines

Last edited by dreamstinvestments; 01-26-2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: misspelled
Old 01-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #16

Thumbs up How to Price your Foreclosure Cleaning Jobs

These properties do need to be cleaned up. Some of these properties are in very bad condition and buyers are still usually getting a good deal when buying a foreclosed home or "Reo Property".

If you own a foreclosure cleaning business, pricing your foreclosure cleaning jobs is the most important aspect as this can make or break your business. I wanted to share this great article on How to accurately price your foreclosure cleaning jobs.
http://www.prlog.org/10900799-how-to...contracts.html

It's a great article and should help you greatly!

Tags
foreclosure bidding costs, foreclosure cleaning bids