Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum  
    Home     DIY Forum     Woodworking     Advertise     Contact Us  
Search
Go Back   Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum > Interior Cleaning and Restoration > Residential Cleaning

Old 05-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #1

Default How much to charge for residential cleaning?

Hey guys, I know a lot of people don't like to discuss how much they charge for cleanings but I'd like to know.

Last edited by gman5432; 01-30-2013 at 01:52 PM.
gman5432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #2

Default Varies

It highly varies from company to company. Deep cleaning can be anything from heavy dusting to steam cleaning which both carry a different price of course. To answer your question on cost there are many variables. We would need to know the condition of the house(heavy or light dirt) ,pets,square footage, location etc. I charge by square footage. I stay away from per hour cost because I have done a mansion in the same time as a 1500 Square foot home that hasn't been cleaned in months.
SOAPrano's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:35 AM   #3

We can not predict the charge with out watching the place.
bedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #4

I am the same as bedrik. I cannot give and estimated quote without inspecting the place.
spyrosj1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #5

We base it on the size of the building itself and how long it will take
Old 03-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #6

Default How much

Every home is unique, and no two Maid Brigade customers have the same cleaning needs. Some factors that affect our cleaning service prices are the size of your home, the number of people and pets, and how often you want your home cleaned, but there are other factors as well. For example: www.mirskascleaningservice.com/howmuch.html

Last edited by anna; 03-06-2013 at 12:40 AM.
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #7

I agree with all of the above. Only give an estimate in person at the home you will be cleaning...otherwise you could easily under price the work and you'll wish hadn't taken the job. The only exception might be if it were a one-time cleaning lead.
MajesticMaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:27 AM   #8

If we get a one time clean we charge at a higher rate and the size of the premises.
spyrosj1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:53 AM   #9

Thumbs up

Basically it depends upon area to area. In my city they charge $20 per hour then it would be $240 and .04 per square ft.
tobycrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:42 AM   #10

We have a set price for each room that includes stain removal and deodorizer for $40 per room. We warn people that companies charging $49 for 3 rooms upsell them.
naturaldry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #11

People don't like price changes when you get to their house. Try to keep the price simple and set!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #12

oh and list the prices on your website!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #13

We price our services based on square footage, but take in consideration the number of rooms as well. Cleaning an extra living area or bedroom takes less time than an extra bathroom. You have to be clear on what is included in your services. For example, when you do move-out cleaning, in some cases it might be cheaper to repaint the walls than to wash them. So, walk through the house and note all the details.

Olena
House cleaning services in Jacksonville, FL - Clean4Real
Clean4Real Facebook page
bloun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobycrabtree View Post
Basically it depends upon area to area. In my city they charge $20 per hour then it would be $240 and .04 per square ft.
That seems really low for a business...is this a one person "company" or a legitimate business? If you pay your workers $10 an hour and add on all the taxes you pay and the workman's comp you'll find your really paying them $15 or more an hour. Add in the cost of cleaning supplies, equipment maintenance, fuel, office rent, marketing and advertising (minimum $5+ per client per cleaning), and your losing money. No office rent you say? It should be priced in your quotes anyways, because if your running a business you'll probably want to expand and when the time comes your jobs will not be priced right for the expansion. I don't charge by the hour, but if I did it would work out to around $35 per man hour. This means about $70 an hour for a team of two. You'll find that merry maids and other large companies charge as high as 90+ an hour for a team of two...with a typical house cleaning nearing $200.

Last edited by MajesticMaids; 03-12-2013 at 01:42 PM.
MajesticMaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #15

Default Residential cleaning prices?

This all depends on the type of clean required, charges vary according to size of property etc
Preston Cleaners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #16

It really depends on your level of service. Our maids won't leave until the job is done, unlike the franchises that have a set time limit per house.
Maids a la Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #17

Depends on your area. Check out your competition to see what they are charging. I always charge somewhere between the low baller and the franchises.

The franchise cleaning companies are usually priced pretty high because of all their overhead and marketing. But the ones who price to low don't do good quality work usually also. So I always would price between these two.

Also you have to think what would be a price that would keep me going and getting up in the morning, what is it worth to me? What will keep me in business and make a good profit. Because if you price your jobs to low you will mentally fizzle out.

The good priced jobs always are worth it and you want to clean them forever! Don't sell yourself short!!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #18

I agree, it depends on the area, how long it takes and how much work is
required.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #19

Well not discussing about the rates but charging for cleaning a place can be done in various ways but if you want to select one then adopt that scheme which is followed in your area. Cleaning projects can be charged on the basis of calculating the complete area to be cleaned or according to the decided working hours which requires timely monitoring of the task completed and left. The fast cleaning solution is also one of the schemes in which more workforce is used for completing the project in a short time.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:53 AM   #20

I am agree that It depend on company to company. And also on various plan that offers to the client. Regarding your question on cost there are many parameters . We would need to know the condition of the house(heavy or light dirt) ,pets,square footage, location etc.

Thanks & Regards
Orbit Group
Commercial cleaner in Perth
alexisalley is offline   Reply With Quote