Multipurpose Cleaner - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

Home     Advertise     Contact Us  
Go Back   Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum > Interior Cleaning and Restoration > Residential Cleaning

Old 03-18-2016, 03:13 PM   #1

Default Multipurpose Cleaner

I am looking for a good multipurpose cleaner!? I want it to be environmentally safe, biodegradable, etc. Can someone recommend any? Thanks!
heatherbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2016, 06:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherbee View Post
I am looking for a good multipurpose cleaner!? I want it to be environmentally safe, biodegradable, etc. Can someone recommend any? Thanks!
A very simple and economical mulitpurpose that works....add 1 tsp. of your favourite 'natural' liquid detergent for hand washing dishes to a spray bottle of water.

Works out to approx. 10 cents per bottle and is very effective in cleaning over 95% of the home
naturalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:31 AM   #3

Default The Best Residential Cleaning.

hello every one the best Residential cleaning provided by Flecken-entfernen.de : aber richtig! Flecken entfernen ist Nr. 1 fleckenentferner für flecken, blutflecken, kaffeeflecken, rotweinflecken und deoflecken.
Flecken entfernen,Rotweinflecken,Blutflecken,Kaffeeflecken ,Deoflecken.
devid301 is online now Report Post
devid301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:45 AM   #4

While naturalnut is correct about dish soap (it really should be Dawn).... dish soap is no where near safe. Yep, even the stuff that says it is safe, isn't safe. Most every dish soap has a D rating even the ones that say they are eco friendly such as Seventh Generation and Sustainable Earch. But I'm here to tell ya, fill a 28oz bottle with water, then mix about a tea spoon full of Dawn then put in about 1/2 a tea spoon of salt (salt will keep the bubbles down)... It will do the trick. We have had some bad tubs and showers over the years and this would get them all clean and looking new. You know those shower floors that you can't get clean? This will do the trick.
sprintcar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:44 PM   #5

Hello Sprintcar...it has been a while....you know me as breatheez

I am going to have to disagree with you...only because I have done the testing...for people with respiratory issues conventional liquid detergents for hand washing dishes (like dawn) should never be put into a bottle for spraying.....so needless to say if it hurts my lungs think what it is doing to little ones still forming lungs.

....if you use a natural liquid detergent you will not run into the issue of over bubbling of soap suds and there is absolutely no need to add salt...keep it simple and still retain a great end result

Check EWG for their ratings on natural liquid detergents...they all are not rated D
Old 05-04-2016, 08:05 PM   #6

there are times that I feel it is necessary to be a little more passionate about what I believe in..... 100% natural cleaning products (handcrafting them, using them in a successful cleaning business and having others in the industry use in 1,000's of clients homes throughout the United States and Canada) have been my business for over 10 years and even though I believe the world would be a better place if we could all use them I do understand that the newness of the world of natural and our comfort zone of purchasing from well known companies (if its on a grocery shelf or sold by Clorox it must be truth) does not always make it possible for many. Because of this I always try to suggest 'green products' that are more affordable and the least intrusive on the environment and our well being. They may carry synthetic ingredients but they are the least harmful of the 1,000's of harmful ingredients in many of the conventional products on the market

When Heatherbee asked for advice on products she/he was quite specific...she/he wanted an environmentally friendly product

Dawn is not as you can see by the ingredients (ingredients are from the highest to the lowest)

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (#11 in the 'DIRTY DOZEN'), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (#11 in the 'DIRTY DOZEN'), Lauramine Oxide (Synthetic), Sodium Chloride (salt), Aqueous PPG 26 (ether/butyl alcohol), Aqueous PEG 8 (ether/butyl alcohol), Propylheptyl Ether (decyl alcohols), Phenoxyethanol (known irritant and possible carcinogen), Methylisothiazolinone (toxic...harmful if inhaled, absorbed by the skin and can cause reproductive damage), Fragrance (Big Big Red Flag)

Attitude...A 'green' product readily available in the U.S. and affordable rating a 'B' at EWG
(ingredients from the highest to the lowest....and how amazing a product that does not have water as the first ingredient)

Sodium Citrate (food grade citric acid - ph balancer), glycerin (fat from animal/vegetable), water, coco-glucoside (synthetic version of coconut oil), Lauryl glucoside (sugars from vegetables or coonut), sodium gluconate (salt), xanthan gum (fermented corn sugar), botanical oil (extracted from plants)

Dawn is more of a hazard to the environment, ourselves and our loved ones but we believe in the advertising .....the heart strings pulled every time we see an animal being saved by this product. We, as consumers no longer feel its necessary to do our research....the advertisers have succeeded...they have done what they were paid to do....make you believe in the product and you will buy. I, personally would never consider buying a product like Dawn if I was looking to advertise myself, my business as an eco or green service.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:55 PM   #7

Wad up??????

Just telling you what I read. I don't really do much research because we live on earth and are around all kinds of things that can and do kill us every second of every day. I use Dawn in a bottle every day. Can't be any worse than the food we eat. Normally when I do a bid if someone wants eco friendly cleaners I tell them what ever they want to hear and use the same thing I usually use. All of my stuff has always been in my own unmarked bottles

Here is what I read: The Environmental Working Group gave Dawn a 'D' grade because of it containing methylisothiazolinone, which is a "High Concern: acute aquatic toxicity; Some Concern: skin irritation/allergies/damage". Sounds delightful, right? Dawn also contains 1 4-dioxane which is considered a groundwater contaminant.

Dish soaps, even ones that claim to be 'natural', 'chemical free' and 'made from plants' have the preservative methylisothiazolinone. It is exactly that, parts and in some cases, most of the detergent may be 'natural', 'chemical free' and 'made from plants' but not all of it.

What exactly is methylisothiazolinone and should we be concerned? It is an antimicrobial and preservative in the form of a soluble concentrated liquid or solid that is used in a variety of applications, such as personal care and cleaning products. According to the EPA in the 1998 document, "Reregistration Eligibility Decision, Methylisothiazolinone", Methylisothiazolinone is a highly corrosive chemical that has been found to be toxic when ingested, inhaled, or applied to the skin or eyes in animal studies.

Even Earth Friendly Products, Ultra Dishmate contained methylisothiazolinone! Dish soaps that I see often at the store and would think that they are great actually got 'F's from the EWG. To name a few, Mrs. Meyers and Seventh Generation got very low scores for both personal and environmental safety. Method brand, Green Works, Bon Ami Dish Soap are dish soaps that often claim to be very 'natural' and are anything but ... shame on you all!

Better Life Dish it Out and Planet Ultra Dishwashing Liquid are both detergents that get great scores from the EWG and as far as I can tell don't have any toxic ingredients.

Like I said.... that's what I read. I say use Dawn, it works great. Having had 2 parents die of emphysema and have it myself, Dawn has never harmed me in any way as far as breathing. No worse than the polluted air we breath.

Maybe check Dr. Bonner. I have some of his stuff but nothing works near as good as Dawn. But I guess since the real natural stuff doesn't bubble (hense the need for salt) Dr. Bonner is out because it bubbles up a storm.
sprintcar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:22 PM   #8

Seventh Generation products are by far the best that I have used!
Bendcleaningco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:06 AM   #9

The Honest Company has a great multi purpose solution, but it's a bit pricey for the amount. I love it for my own home.
eyocham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:06 PM   #10

Bissel vacuum cleaner will be the best choice for you.
gregorystreit28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:23 AM   #11

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalnut View Post
A very simple and economical mulitpurpose that works....add 1 tsp. of your favourite 'natural' liquid detergent for hand washing dishes to a spray bottle of water.

Works out to approx. 10 cents per bottle and is very effective in cleaning over 95% of the home
Nice Reply
achiras026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:58 PM   #12

Default Mrs. Meyers

I like using Mr.s Meyers multi surface cleaner. I have 2 kids and use it around the kitchen. Great clean scent and it's earth friendly.
hilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:27 AM   #13

I agree that Seventh Generation products are fantastic! Cheers.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:15 AM   #14

Great post ,thank you for sharing. awesome info I t is helpful to every one.......
hema76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:31 AM   #15

Seventh Generation and Pink Solution are good possibilities.
Pro Maid Sq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 06:16 PM   #16

I ADORE Nature Clean's tea tree & west indie lime multi-purpose cleaner in the concentrate form. It's a Canadian company so it might be harder to find in the US but all of my cleaners love it and it smells soooo good.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:40 AM   #17

Hi
could you explain what you mean exactly by multipurpose tool? I am not sure but I think there is no machine you can use it for completely different purposes, but some wet and dry vacuum cleaner are really practical. in addition to suction of dust, solid and liquid material, they have the capability for blowing air and with their various accessories you can clean difficult to reach area, upholstery, hard floors ,…

good luck
maya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:15 PM   #18

Mrs. Meyers multi purpose is the best possible option. I transitioned into green cleaning products about a month ago and I haven't regret it since. BUT do your research first.
Kat-Affordable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:31 PM   #19

Default montrealluxcleaning.com

very interesting tips , we use mildew remover but basicly this is a bleach , it works for sometime , but if the source is still there it will apear again
bstrgds
www.montrealluxcleaning.com
mayagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:57 PM   #20

Awesome info! Thanks
SleeperCell is offline   Reply With Quote