Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum  
    Home     DIY Forum     Woodworking     Advertise     Contact Us  
Search
Go Back   Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum > Interior Cleaning and Restoration > Residential Cleaning

Old 01-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #1

Default what to charge on a house

Do you charge by the hour or do you charge by the house for normal house cleaning. Does any body have a price list they would like to share like what to charge for bathroom,living room etc
hendersonmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #2

What exactly are you going to be cleaning.

http://www.carpet-cleaning-glendora.com
pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #3

nt shore just asking on price samples and etc
hendersonmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:17 PM   #4

For our company we created house cleaning price calculator on our website so our visitors can get any house cleaning quote instantly, without any personal information.
GlossyClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #5

Default House Cleaning Prices

You can itemize everything (charge a set amount for cleaning out a fridge etc), you can clean by the square foot, or you can clean by the hour. I find that cleaning by the hour is by far the easiest. What's funny is that the regular housecleaning appointments that I have are actually pretty consistent. It usually takes about the same amount of time each time I clean. However, because I clean by the hour, if they want me to do an extra project or whatnot, I can just keep the clock running and not have to figure out how much I should charge. Per hour cleaning is the easiest for residential cleaning. However, if you are doing rental move-outs where you are cleaning for a property management company etc and they aren't going to be there to watch you, or they don't trust you, then you may need to bid the job by the square foot or estimate how long it will take you.

Bremerton Window Cleaning & Janitorial
april1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #6

I agree with April. I used to charge by the job, but I tend to get to chatty and waste time that way. Plus, people are more likely to get their house ready for you if they know it will cost them extra to have you pick up their stuff. I recently switched to having every new customer charge by the hour, but I still let the old ones charge by the job. So far, hourly is working out for me. I let the customer set the cap on the number of hours they are willing to pay far and I can almost always find enough to do to work up to that allowance.
Green Valley Cleaning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #7

We have always charged by the job. If I charged by the hour, people hate to hear that I'm charging $30-$60 an hour. I can tell as soon as I walk in how long it will take give or take 15 minutes. We do the same thing in every house and have since 1998... they don't get a choice. 999 times out of 1000 if you don't give them a choice, they won't ask for a choice.
sprintcar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:18 AM   #8

Hello, i am not getting what you are asking.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:41 AM   #9

Though, because I clean by the hour, if they want me to do an additional scheme or whatnot, I can just stay the clock running and not have to figure out how much I should charge. Per hour cleaning is the easiest for residential cleaning
Old 06-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #10

We don't do additional things. We have a Silver Plan and a Gold Plan. Although some rooms may be skipped if the homeowner chooses, the rooms we do clean are all cleaned the same in every house we do. I usually do have the occasional... will you make my bed? And once I point out on the bid sheet that the cost will be $7 per bed, if we are lucky, they say they will make their own bed.

I'd guess part of the reason most cleaners go out of business is because they cause so much pain on themself. Even if I cleaned alone for the rest of my life I'd hate to keep up with different things at different people's houses. And I'd surely run myself out of business doing all those refrigerators, ovens, and all that type of hard work.

We use the KISS method.
sprintcar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #11

It depends person to person that on which basis they have charge. We take charge square foot basis or hourly basis. If we have a small project then we charge according to per hour and if we have large project then we charge according to per square feet.
katty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #12

Professional house cleaning companies are taking their charges on the basis of hours. So before hiring them, you need to clear about this. Some professional charges on the basis of square feet.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #13

Default Cleaning company house cleaning rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendersonmarc View Post
Do you charge by the hour or do you charge by the house for normal house cleaning. Does any body have a price list they would like to share like what to charge for bathroom,living room etc
Charge the middle rate of whatever your competitors are charging. Don't go to cheap and don't go to dear. When you are starting out in the cleaning business its all about getting the best price and getting as many cleaning clients on board as possible. I have been going over a year now and run a very successful cleaning company in Chester. Long may it continue.
cleaner chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #14

I love how you have your estimater. How do you know how much you charge for a house? Please help me out. I just started cleaning houses by myself and I seem to always underbid myself.
mariecurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:56 AM   #15

Charges of cleaning should be per hour basis as the estimate of time has to be specified to clear up the place but in some instances the amount of work has to be checked which needs to be cleaned up quickly before a certain decided time, then the charges are put on for crew basis.
katty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #16

Default getting paid

what is your preferred method of payment acceptance?
lamarlynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #17

Default Prices

I can tell you that I charge per job because I have noticed that people think it sounds cheaper than if I tell them what I get per hour. I have a job that I do for $75 every two weeks and it takes me about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs which gives me about $25 per hour. However, knowing the customer had I told them this then he probably wouldn't have hired me. Hope this helps!

P.S. I also charge extra for inside appliances.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:14 AM   #18

Well any expert will help on it.
bedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #19

My experience so far is different. When I tell people a ballpark price for cleaning their house they usually don't hire us because it sounds too expensive. But we aren't. The truth is: Most of our professional competitors are way more expensive. The only difference is: They don't tell the whole price on the phone. Thay just say an hourly rate or no price and pursuade the caller to schedule an estimate. Oh, and then, of course, they talk the customer into the job.

Last edited by Maids_on_a_Broom; 10-25-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Maids_on_a_Broom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids_on_a_Broom View Post
My experience so far is different. When I tell people a ballpark price for cleaning their house they usually don't hire us because it sounds too expensive. But we aren't. The truth is: Most of our professional competitors are way more expensive. The only difference is: They don't tell the whole price on the phone. Thay just say an hourly rate or no price and pursuade the caller to schedule an estimate.
This is so true. I did a house yesterday and quoted the client 135 for a 5bd/3bath. But I am sure if they had another cleaner they would have coughed up more money cause of what they actually wanted done was not what we discussed... Then they turned around and still gave us a bad review!
lamarlynch is offline   Reply With Quote