Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum  
    Home     DIY Forum     Woodworking     Advertise     Contact Us  
Search
Go Back   Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum > Interior Cleaning and Restoration > Commercial Cleaning

Old 01-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #1

Default Help with office cleaning bid

I have worked with a property management company in the Chicagoland area, doing mostly move-outs cleans. Recently they asked me to bid on cleaning their office 2x per week. The office is about 6000 sq ft with the following break down

Reception area with 3 desks that are occupied with agents ( carpet )
2 bathrooms
1 Conference room ( carpet )
1 Kitchen
3 offices ( carpet )

I estimate one person 2 hours

Any help will be greatly appreciated
ldjclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:57 PM   #2

I would charge $ 40.00 per occurrence or $ 346.67 per month. But I also know that property management companies don't want to pay much, so this price might be too high. But since you've been working with them before you probably have a better idea about their pricing. Just determine how much they pay you per hour when you do move-outs and go from there.
alphacleaning2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #3

Default Help with office cleaning bid

Thank you Alphacleaning, our numbers were very close...... I service Dupage,Will, Kendall and Kane counties. I noticed you are more in the northwest burbs. Good luck to you and thanks again.

Lewis
ldjclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:14 PM   #4

Good luck to you Lewis, let us know if you got that account.
alphacleaning2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #5

Default 6,000 sq. ft office cleaning bid

According to a chart I have, based on national averages, for commercial cleaning: 6,000 sq. ft 2X per week = $57.56 per cleaning. Based on this you could be making $460.48 per month. Keep in mid that this does not include floor maintenance (stripping, waxing, buffing) carpet cleaning (i.e. extraction) window cleaning OR supplies (paper products, handsoap etc) Many companies decide what the carpet cleaning ( ex. quarterly) and exterior window cleaning (ex. quarterly) will cost, then spread that across all the cleaning. You can take the add-on services and divide them among the total number of cleaning for a set amount per cleaning OR you can charge fro "special" cleanings separately.

Bremerton Window Cleaning and Janitorial
april1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:30 PM   #6

I think $40 will do. Some companies charged with $.05 to $.20 per square foot depending on the type of building you are cleaning and the frequency of cleaning.

Office Cleaning Melbourne
Old 03-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldjclean View Post
I have worked with a property management company in the Chicagoland area, doing mostly move-outs cleans. Recently they asked me to bid on cleaning their office 2x per week. The office is about 6000 sq ft with the following break down

Reception area with 3 desks that are occupied with agents ( carpet )
2 bathrooms
1 Conference room ( carpet )
1 Kitchen
3 offices ( carpet )

I estimate one person 2 hours

Any help will be greatly appreciated
That sounds good. It is good to have a regular job. Find yourself a partner and go for it. Good luck!
Old 04-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #8

I think you should also consider the amount you'll expense on that project. Including the distance of the project site from your office. In that way you could bid much better.

Last edited by rrestor; 04-16-2012 at 01:00 PM.
rrestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrestor View Post
I think you should also consider the amount you'll expense on that project. Including the distance of the project site from your office. In that way you could bid much better.
Yeah, you should consider the distance too.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #10

For $40.00, how long would it take the average cleaner (s) to knock out a 6,000 sq ft area? Seems like just a little bit of money for a lot of area. I'd be closer to the $60 figure, but I guess I may not get the job, either. Has this industry been beat down that much to where we are making much less than we could be?
Old 04-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #11

From my experience, a person can not get rich doing commercial cleaning. If you clean yourself... you might be able to make a living. The way lots of people make money from it is to have a lot of employees/'sub contractors'. I just couldn't get used to making so little and not getting paid until much later. Even with employees I never liked the idea. Plus, all the hassle to get the job to begin with. But it works for some people. My buddy does all floor work and makes a dang good living. Kind of like this guy I know that ONLY aerate lawns. He doesn't do any mowing or anything else and he makes $60,000 a year and only works 7 months a year.
sprintcar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by april1979 View Post
According to a chart I have, based on national averages, for commercial cleaning: 6,000 sq. ft 2X per week = $57.56 per cleaning. Based on this you could be making $460.48 per month. Keep in mid that this does not include floor maintenance (stripping, waxing, buffing) carpet cleaning (i.e. extraction) window cleaning OR supplies (paper products, handsoap etc) Many companies decide what the carpet cleaning ( ex. quarterly) and exterior window cleaning (ex. quarterly) will cost, then spread that across all the cleaning. You can take the add-on services and divide them among the total number of cleaning for a set amount per cleaning OR you can charge fro "special" cleanings separately.

Bremerton Window Cleaning and Janitorial
Hi April , where can i find this chart ? This info would be very helpfull

Los Angeles cleaning
Office cleaning Los Angeles
We provide office cleaning and commercial cleaning in Los Angeles
SwissClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:23 AM   #13

Any news on that chart sounds like a good resource to use?
Hello my name is Hugh Armstrong and I work for a company called Champion Cleaning Services who provide cleaning services in Warrington, carpet cleaning in Warrington & commercial cleaning in Warrington.
CleaningWarrington is offline   Reply With Quote