Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum  
    Home     DIY Forum     Woodworking     Advertise     Contact Us  
Search
Go Back   Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum > Interior Cleaning and Restoration > Commercial Cleaning

Old 04-02-2011, 11:07 PM   #1

Default How do I know how much to charge a client

I have opened a janitoral service and I am trying to find out how do we charge our clients. Is there a particular formula or do you charge by the day. I am really lost if you guys can please please explain to me how much you charge people and let me know how you determine the price that you charge it would be greatly appericated !!!!
O janitoral services is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #2

If you don't mind me asking... have you done janitorial work before and do you do any type of floor work such as carpet/strip/wax?
sprintcar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #3

no I have never done any janitoral
Old 04-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #4

Ya see... I've been in this business long enough to know these things.

Lots of things here. First of all... the amount of time it takes a professional cleaner and the time it takes someone with no experience is 2 different things. where a job might take me an hour, it would probably take you 1.5-1.75 hours.

As far as price goes, before a price can be given you will have to tell us where you are at. For example: if you say you are from Iowa.... Iowa is a big state so that doesn't help. Prices vary from Council Bluffs, Ia to Davenport, Ia. We need to know what city you live in.

Also, are you talking about office cleaning only? Or do you want to get deep in the middle of janitorial? For example: some jobs will want you to take care of their hard floor or carpet. But don't let that scare you away... you can sub it out to a professional.
sprintcar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:05 PM   #5

We are in oklahoma midwest city, oklahoma and yes im lookin to do banks and dr offices and dentist offices
Old 08-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #6

To O janitoral service. That was my biggest concern, when beginning. I found this site (down below) that helps out a lot, especially on pricing the job.
nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:05 AM   #7

The rates for commercial cleaning vary widely depending upon the area you live. Hourly rates are anywhere from $15 to $40 per hour depending on the type of services that you provide, whether or not you're doing the work yourself, and your company's overhead and expenses.!
Old 08-19-2011, 07:06 AM   #8

Ya i am also agree with monica statement ,"commercial cleaning vary widely depending upon the area you live".And depend criteria that is followed by the company .Some agent work contract basis .

alexisalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #9

Hi,
As you ask that how much charge you should take from your client then I want to tell you that it depends the region where you lives. As cleaning charges varies from place to place. Apart from this if you have good staff and perfect and latest cleaning equipment then you can take high charge and it will save your time. If you are new in this field then you should take charge less than your near competitor.
katty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #10

Thumbs up An Excellent Resource for Knowing What to Charge for a Job

Here's a really good series of articles and blogs that will give you some very good insight into how much to charge for particular jobs and cleaning contracts.

http://www.powerwash.com/articles/ca...-wash-business

I hope this is helpful to you.
http://www.powerwash.com/training/powerwash-university/
http://www.facebook.com/Powerwashcom
PowerWashDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote