Options for Vacuums - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-14-2017, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Options for Vacuums

Hello all,

I am looking to buy my first set of vacuums. Trying to build business as a start up. Please see my two options and let me know what you might think!

Please see the attached image for a comparison of vacuums.

This looks like what I should buy:

Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS 8 Pound Commercial Upright Vacuum
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NDNV18...I3M29UFCFWTTPV

ProTeam Backpack Vacuums Super CoachVac HEPA Commercial Backpack Vacuum Cleaner with Versatile Tool Kit & Telescoping Wand, 10 Quart - Corded
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GM4YKWC...H760BEYY&psc=1

But, this is a cheaper version:

Eureka Boss Upright Vacuum, 1934B - Corded
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00002N630...I1BH7NA914BHMQ

Hoover Commercial C2401 Shoulder Vac Pro Backpack Vacuum with 1-1/2-Inch Attachment Kit
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NASZG8...I3UEWIU7JH64KG

The biggest turn off for the cheaper version is the backpack vacuum reportedly overheats in the summer...

I am planning on utilizing these pieces of equipment 8 hours+ per day, 5 days+ per week. They will be transported around, in a van or SUV.

Please ask questions for any more details you would like to know! Please let me know any advice you may have!

I appreciate your time!

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vacuumPrice.jpg (95.0 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-14-2017, 01:43 AM

Hi pointer, I can say if your just starting out you can go with a cheaper vacuum until you can afford a nice back pack model, I have been looking to get a back version for my carpet business. I believe it would be a time saver to have a cordless backpack vacuum as long as you didn't have to run it for extended periods of time..
post #3 of Old 03-22-2017, 03:29 PM

I have the Proteam Super Coach BackPack and really like it, I did buy some different floor tools like the 16" floor brush & carpet tools from Cen-tec.com?
Can't comment on the other upright vacuums, except I would look at getting a wider path vacuum like a 14" 16" 18" wide path vacuum. I have a 14" Proteam and glad I made the switch from a 12" sebo.
Brad BD Janitorial
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-23-2017, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdjanitorial View Post
I have the Proteam Super Coach BackPack and really like it, I did buy some different floor tools like the 16" floor brush & carpet tools from Cen-tec.com?
Can't comment on the other upright vacuums, except I would look at getting a wider path vacuum like a 14" 16" 18" wide path vacuum. I have a 14" Proteam and glad I made the switch from a 12" sebo.
Brad BD Janitorial
Do you have any pros or cons you can elaborate with your Proteam Super Coach BackPack? It looks like it will make a nice addition to my carpet cleaning service.
post #5 of Old 03-23-2017, 12:49 PM

I can't think of any cons about the Super Coach. I do like the cord that doesn't tangle after using the vacuum. It fits in a wheeled zipper top duffel bag. I like that.
There is 1 office that I service where it is a tight fit and not much room to turn around with the Super Coach, so it would be easy to knock over something by turning around when wearing the unit, that would be my only negative comment which really says more about the office space than the backpack
It is way easier to use on stairs than an upright vacuum.
Brad BD Janitorial

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode