Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

We need a Stain.

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Pressure Cleaning 
#1 ·
Does anyone use Flood? What problem if any with flood? We have a 20% increase coming with Sikkens SRD I really don't want to increase our prices.

#2 ·
Why not? Everything is going up. If a company averages 5 gallons of stain on a job at $30 per gallon, material cost will rise $30 with a 20% increase (from approx $150 to $180). To keep your margin you should raise your material prices by 25% or $37 on that size job. That equates to about $.05 per s/f. I doubt anyone will lose a customer over a 5 cents/sf increase.

If you like the Sikkens and are used to using it, its going to cost you more in labor time figuring out the nuances of a new stain. All the oils have gone up. Mineral spirits just had a huge increase.

#3 ·
I like the product. I'm not happy that a Sikkens rep is causing my prices to go up. We can still purchase all other items at 20% off just not Sikkens. I don't have the full story, but it seems our old supplier was unhappy they lost our business. Lesson learned I'm buying a supply truck (no logo) and starting a new business name just for materials then Im going shopping. Its funny I have walked in paint stores without an account and received a better price than what I'm being offered now.

So I applied for a Sikkens Dealer Licensed and was just going to open a store problem sovled right, na the verbal was, go back to your old supplier and we will provide them with a discount to give to you. What?

I'm not happy. But business is just business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.