Apartment cleaning and the bs you put up with - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-28-2012, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Apartment cleaning and the bs you put up with

I know some guys won't even do that kind of work anymore because of the bs. I have been doing them since I started and took a 5 year break and got back into it about 6 years ago. I just lost one complex to a company who cleans the apartments and the carpets. I didn't know if I should be pissed or relieved. They always paid on time but that was the only good thing besides the obvious steady work. I was actually thinking about dropping them last year because of all of thier nonsense. I have two really great complexes that I work for that have never given me any problems.

The other complexes are great and they pay well. I am thankful that I have them. Another friend said jack up your price when they call back and I told him that I won't work for them anymore and I'll give them his number if he wants to put up with them. He said sure, he would be happy to. He probably has more tollerance for them than I.

Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-29-2012, 01:16 AM

We don't do them and never targeted that market or commercial. Typically residential only with a dash of small commercial jobs mixed in from time to time. We don't get into those bidding wars for over dirty and under paid little jobs. I know in some areas it is a must to stay busy but not where we at carpet cleaning orange county operate.

Pacific Ocean Carpet Care
43 woodswallow lane
Aliso Viejo, Ca, 92656
(949) 230-5496
http://freshcleanhome.com/
post #3 of Old 07-29-2012, 01:32 AM

Ever try the 20% assholle tax. Add 20% to your rates if they are assholles. The extra profit may make the account worthwhile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-30-2012, 11:07 PM

I just decided to land a 352 unit complex and give a cheap bid just to get some work flow. It's an easy setup and the units I feel I can do good with. We will see how collecting payment goes as that always can be a pain with these. Carpet cleaning Tampa will handle it no matter what happens anyway.

Family Time Cleaning
8723 huntfield st
Tampa FL 33635
(727)742-5677
http://familytimecleaning.com/
post #5 of Old 07-30-2012, 11:10 PM

I would have to agree with apartments/ HOA being a pain but they do fill in the slower times for is at carpet cleaning Los Angeles. I just find that the tenants care so little for the places and what they do to them that sometimes its unfixable

Trojan Carpet Care
504 Del Monte st
Pasadena, Ca, 91103
(626) 393-5965
http://trojancarpetcare.com
post #6 of Old 08-01-2012, 04:35 AM

From my personal experience, cleaning an apartment ain't that easy as it seems. Hence, if you are planning to get your apartment cleaned, I would recommend you to take help of professionals.
post #7 of Old 08-02-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick00 View Post
I know some guys won't even do that kind of work anymore because of the bs. I have been doing them since I started and took a 5 year break and got back into it about 6 years ago. I just lost one complex to a company who cleans the apartments and the carpets. I didn't know if I should be pissed or relieved. They always paid on time but that was the only good thing besides the obvious steady work. I was actually thinking about dropping them last year because of all of thier nonsense. I have two really great complexes that I work for that have never given me any problems.

The other complexes are great and they pay well. I am thankful that I have them. Another friend said jack up your price when they call back and I told him that I won't work for them anymore and I'll give them his number if he wants to put up with them. He said sure, he would be happy to. He probably has more tollerance for them than I.

Apartments can be great, but they can also be a giant pain. It really just depends who is the PM. I have some that I love doing business with and some that annoy the crap out of me. I really do value the steady work, and I don't discount them as much as others do because the carpets tend to be filthy.
post #8 of Old 08-04-2012, 02:30 AM

You should not give up with this you should try your level best to gain your work back into action, if you want help then contact me i will help you
post #9 of Old 08-13-2012, 01:14 PM

For the most part these apt complex are not loyal and you tend to build a nice relationship with the manager and BOOOM they are gone! Its all a price game for most so as soon as someone cheaper comes, your forced to cut or go. We also did their water damage jobs and those were a nice addition but again, they want you to take all the liability and charge minimum amount.
post #10 of Old 02-24-2014, 12:56 PM

They are the easiest to get accounts for but can also be a PITA. I learned to charge accordingly to rental rates. If the rent is expensive the tenants don't usually leave behind a mess.
post #11 of Old 02-08-2015, 05:29 PM

Yeah, apts are a pain in the a$$.Like others have stated, they fill the schedule when its slow and can be a source of steady jobs. We have a few good accounts.
post #12 of Old 02-09-2015, 06:03 AM

Apts are pretty mehh. When we were just starting we had to put up with those jobs since we didn't really have that many clients yet. In retrospect, I think we got apt jobs because nobody wanted them. It's just that you have to do so much for very little profit which is probably why smaller cleaning businesses opt to do other cleaning jobs. Very few pay good enough to make me even consider them at the moment.

-Paul

__________________________________________________ _______________
Home Cleaning Service ND
Enjoy massive daily discounts on cleaning and office wholesale supplies @
www.northlandwholesale.com
post #13 of Old 03-08-2015, 03:47 AM

AZ Carpet Cleaning

I think you want professionals for cleaning the apartments so you can see my website az carpet cleaning for the valuable formation as you want.
post #14 of Old 03-08-2015, 02:06 PM

Those 2 things don't really go in the same sentence.... professional and apartment cleaning. How many Stanley Steemer trucks have you ever seen cleaning an apartment complex? There is a reason for that.....
post #15 of Old 03-12-2015, 05:12 AM

AZ Carpet Cleaning

AZ Carpet Cleaning Provides excellent service online so you can visit this site if you want to find a wonderful carpet cleaning AZ service.
post #16 of Old 03-13-2015, 06:43 AM

From my personal experience, cleaning an apartment that easy as it seems. Hence, if you are planning to get your apartment cleaned, I would recommend you to take help of professionals.
I think you want Good for cleaning the apartments so you can see my website carpet cleaning for the valuable formation as you want. Jeananne Cleaning Services
post #17 of Old 03-16-2015, 07:23 AM

It is required that avoid targeting the market or commercial. Typically residential only with a dash of small commercial jobs mixed in from time to time.

Last edited by stevewilliams; 03-28-2015 at 12:28 AM.
post #18 of Old 03-16-2015, 07:30 AM

Commercial carpet cleaning

Yes, But Commercial carpet cleaning professional will make sure that your carpets will stay clean for a long time, so be sure to check on their regular maintenance programme. They'll offer you evidence of previous work completed along with industry specific certifications.
post #19 of Old 03-17-2015, 01:24 AM

Thumbs up House Cleaning Service Chennai | Carpet Cleaning Chennai

House Cleaning Service in Chennai Very Affordable. We Are Best House Cleaning Service Provider In Chennai. We Do Residential and Commercial Cleaning. everclean.in

Ever Clean Facility Services Private limited
http://evercleanindia.com
+91 98432 72132
+91 91500 00432
post #20 of Old 03-18-2015, 07:52 AM

AZ Carpet Cleaning

AZ Carpet Cleaning provides the best possible services to their customers and this helps in making the long term relations and contracts with them which will prove beneficial for you. The prices can be compared online

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode