Best cleaning system? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-29-2012, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Question Best cleaning system?

Hi guys, I'm looking at purchasing equipment in the near future. I'm new at this, but I've done a bit of research and I think I'd like to try to purchase the rotovac startup package. I'm not happy with the portable extractor it comes with, though. Kinda wimpy, as I mentioned in my intro post.

Thoughts? I am a small woman with a pitiful lack of upper body strength, though I am used to hard work and I'm young enough handle the work. I like the idea of the rotovac as opposed to a standard wand for this reason. Also, I have an old back injury (lifting enormous toddler will do that to you!) that is not bothering me now, and I'd like to keep it that way. I suppose I could buy the 360i and buy the other items separately. I haven't done the math yet (that's on the agenda for tomorrow...) but I expect that it will be far more expensive this way. I don't want to settle for equipment that isn't going to do the best job, though. Hmmmm. Is there a better system in your opinion? Is there something comparable that I may have missed?

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-30-2012, 08:35 PM

Are you going to get a truckmount? If you get a portable it will be murder on your back just getting the thing in and out of houses. I would say a good TM and make sure you wand has a nice glide. I find the RV hurts my back more than a wand sometimes.
post #3 of Old 04-16-2012, 12:00 PM

To invest at the right carpet cleaning equipment, you need to make sure you understand your carpet cleaning needs. For example, some carpet may have picked up a lot of debris such as sand light, dust, and lint. Can these carpet cleaning carpet extraction using the non-heating element.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-16-2012, 08:10 PM

Truck mounted steam cleaning is the strongest most thorough carpet cleaning machine you can get. I have been in the carpet cleaning industry for 17 years and have tried all methods.

Pacific Ocean Carpet Care
43 woodswallow lane
Aliso Viejo, Ca, 92656
(949) 230-5496
http://freshcleanhome.com/
post #5 of Old 04-20-2012, 06:59 AM

In carpet inspector point of view, a thorough carpet inspection always a good start and helps to determine which method is is best suited for the job, identify any potential problems or limitations and discuss client expectations. Whichever the cleaning system is selected, a proper vacuuming is fundamental. The carpet inspector will guide you to select the right carpet cleaning equipment.
post #6 of Old 04-20-2012, 08:56 PM
JMI

I use a Rotovac 360i and CFX. the 360i has a pretty good reputation and I find it works really well. You'll still need a manual push wand to get at certain edges and corners. Its really unavoidable. The CFX is a work of art IMO. You never have to fill or dump the water. Its easily half the size of a typical portable and has great power. As a matter of fact I run my entire carpet and hard surface business out of a Mazda 3 wagon. Of course it won't compare to many truck mount systems. But with a little extra time an effort my results have been stellar with the exception of 1 job. The Rotovac equipment has been great for me. If you can find it used it's even better. I picked mine up from a guy that had only used it a few times. It cost me 1/3 the list price.
post #7 of Old 04-26-2012, 05:58 AM

I would prefer the Hydromaster system. I like the direct drive over a slide in unit. The advantage of this system is continuous heat and a great vacuum system. The only weakness of this system is Butler systems will last but the equipment that it used is old.
post #8 of Old 04-30-2012, 07:03 AM

Truck mount is best cleaning system and I would prefer you to go with that cleaning system.
post #9 of Old 04-30-2012, 10:43 AM

Additionally, most suites are tested to insure compatibility between modules and some offer one-button . Hopefully you will be happy with the automatic mode in the suite and won't venture too far into the woods without knowing exactly where you are going.
post #10 of Old 05-07-2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississaugaStreetSweeping View Post
I would prefer the Hydromaster system. I like the direct drive over a slide in unit. The advantage of this system is continuous heat and a great vacuum system. The only weakness of this system is Butler systems will last but the equipment that it used is old.
I too prefer Hydromaster system. Because its helps to eliminate up to six times the amount of ground and dust than a convenient power device, making the rug fibers significantly more dry.
post #11 of Old 05-11-2012, 02:09 AM

It consider as a good service provider when you have expert cleaning team but it terms as professional when you have all latest cleaning equipments. It will look expertise and save your time when you will use all that equipments.
post #12 of Old 05-11-2012, 03:20 PM

Direct drive truck mount. Better cleaning, easier maintenance than a slide in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode