Carpet Cleaning Tips - Vacuuming - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-25-2012, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Carpet Cleaning Tips - Vacuuming

For most of us, vacuuming is the first, and most essential, step in maintaining our carpet. Remember, a little preventative work on your behalf will go a long way in the long run. Let's make sure we can make the most of your precious time, and get your carpets cleaned efficiently. Follow the guidelines below to ensure that you vacuum more effectively and keep your carpet cleaner longer!

You should vacuum your carpets at least once a week, and more often in areas of high traffic. Frequent vacuuming prevents a buildup of dirt and dust that would otherwise cut the fibers in your carpet and prolongs the life of your carpet. Every so often, make sure to use your vacuum's extension piece to clean around baseboards and other hard-to-reach areas.

If you've got a large area of carpet to vacuum, try compartmentalizing that larger area into smaller, more manageable units. Make sure you clean each smaller unit thoroughly before moving on to the next.

Take your time! One quick pass with your vacuum is not enough to deep clean your carpet (no matter what your vacuum commercial says). Slowly move your vacuum over the area to let the suction really suck up that embedded dirt and particles.

In heavy traffic areas, use an overlapping criss cross pattern to make sure you get to the dirt and grime.

Soil and dirt retardants like "Scotchgard" can be used on new and recently cleaned carpets, but remember to read the manufacture's instructions very carefully before you apply anything that might harm your carpet. As alluded to above, a little preventative work on your behalf will go a long way.
If you have a vacuum cleaner that uses a vacuum bag, feel free to add a little baking soda in the bag to combat odors. If you have a bag-less vacuum cleaner, you can sprinkle a little baking soda on your carpet before you vacuum.

As you can see, there are numerous ways to improve upon the time-tested approach of just mindlessly "pushing" the old vacuum around your home. We hope you can use the above guidelines to make the most of your busy schedule and begin vacuuming quickly and efficiently. Again, if you stick to a strict vacuuming regimen, your carpet will thank you and reward you with long-lasting use! Best of luck as you endeavor to keep your carpets in tip top shape!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-25-2012, 04:14 AM

I really liked all the tips here for carpet cleaning.
post #3 of Old 10-25-2012, 03:25 PM

I always tell my customers that vacuuming is the best thing they can do, to keep their carpets looking best, in between cleanings.

We inspect their vacuum, to make sure it's doing an adequate job. When we inspect, we place a sticker, with our name, on the vacuum cleaner. This way, when they see a spot, they will think of us.

Fred T. Gruber Jr.
On The Spot Carpet Care

Serving Apex, Cary, Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina and Raleigh NC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-26-2012, 02:28 AM

Thanks for sharing this great article about carpet cleaning tips, I found them really helpful as well as useful for cleaning carpets perfectly.
post #5 of Old 12-18-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencarpetcare View Post
Thanks for sharing this great article about carpet cleaning tips, I found them really helpful as well as useful for cleaning carpets perfectly.
i agree useful tips for the newbies
post #6 of Old 12-19-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscokid View Post
For most of us, vacuuming is the first, and most essential, step in maintaining our carpet. Remember, a little preventative work on your behalf will go a long way in the long run. Let's make sure we can make the most of your precious time, and get your carpets cleaned efficiently. Follow the guidelines below to ensure that you vacuum more effectively and keep your carpet cleaner longer!

You should vacuum your carpets at least once a week, and more often in areas of high traffic. Frequent vacuuming prevents a buildup of dirt and dust that would otherwise cut the fibers in your carpet and prolongs the life of your carpet. Every so often, make sure to use your vacuum's extension piece to clean around baseboards and other hard-to-reach areas.

If you've got a large area of carpet to vacuum, try compartmentalizing that larger area into smaller, more manageable units. Make sure you clean each smaller unit thoroughly before moving on to the next.

Take your time! One quick pass with your vacuum is not enough to deep clean your carpet (no matter what your vacuum commercial says). Slowly move your vacuum over the area to let the suction really suck up that embedded dirt and particles.

In heavy traffic areas, use an overlapping criss cross pattern to make sure you get to the dirt and grime.

Soil and dirt retardants like "Scotchgard" can be used on new and recently cleaned carpets, but remember to read the manufacture's instructions very carefully before you apply anything that might harm your carpet. As alluded to above, a little preventative work on your behalf will go a long way.
If you have a vacuum cleaner that uses a vacuum bag, feel free to add a little baking soda in the bag to combat odors. If you have a bag-less vacuum cleaner, you can sprinkle a little baking soda on your carpet before you vacuum.

As you can see, there are numerous ways to improve upon the time-tested approach of just mindlessly "pushing" the old vacuum around your home. We hope you can use the above guidelines to make the most of your busy schedule and begin vacuuming quickly and efficiently. Again, if you stick to a strict vacuuming regimen, your carpet will thank you and reward you with long-lasting use! Best of luck as you endeavor to keep your carpets in tip top shape!
Can't agree more, this is a great tip! Keep up the good work.
post #7 of Old 12-29-2012, 08:32 AM

Thank you for the tips. I liked all of them as they were very helpful for keeping my carpet clean and dirt-free. This way it would stay clean longer and I would have to call in commercial help less often.
post #8 of Old 01-02-2013, 04:12 AM

Yes these are good tips and helpful for me.
post #9 of Old 01-22-2013, 02:32 AM

Carpet cleaning tips can make the difference between keeping your carpets like new, and having to position furniture to cover the stains.
post #10 of Old 01-22-2013, 08:58 AM

Carpet is important thing and we must follow these tips to clear it.
post #11 of Old 01-23-2013, 01:54 AM

It is very important for you to vacuum your carpets twice a week and specially if you are living high traffic areas. This will helpful to prevents dust and dirt and leads for longevity of your carpets. Also ensure vacuum's extensions are clean.
post #12 of Old 01-24-2013, 08:53 AM

the tips are really good, Carpets are the one which keep every room or out of room clean and tidy. Which keeps the people healthy and good so always prefer to keep the carpets clean.
post #13 of Old 01-24-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscokid View Post
Thank you for all these useful tips. Especially the one that I am quoting! I didn't know about that, so I will give it a try.
post #14 of Old 02-05-2013, 08:31 AM

How do you remove super glue from carpet
post #15 of Old 02-06-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer View Post
Ouch Interesting. I have run into that one before and I just left it alone. It was a small amount anyway, and not noticeable. Depending on how desperate the customer is on removing it and how much of it is on the carpet, I would try acetone first, the product will not harm the carpet in small amounts. Once the super glue drys it would seem there will be little anyone could do except remove and patch .......
post #16 of Old 02-19-2013, 10:07 PM

I also suggest putting a mat in entrance ways to rooms to help take the dirt of the shoes before entering the room.

http://www.carpet-cleaning-montebello.com/
post #17 of Old 02-19-2013, 10:25 PM

[QUOTE=pasadena;45197]I also suggest putting a mat in entrance ways to rooms to help take the dirt of the shoes before entering the room.

It's formal to see mats in the entrance doors.

auckland carpet steamndry
12 Culperry Road Glendene Auckland New Zealand
09 836-5498
carpet cleaning, Repairs and Laying, upholstery cleaning Auckland, Flood restoration, pest control
post #18 of Old 02-27-2013, 06:10 AM

Definitely it is, vacuum cleaning is one of the most important chore in taking care of your carpets at home.

Last edited by janitorial; 03-02-2013 at 05:02 AM.
post #19 of Old 03-06-2013, 01:08 AM

Thanks!
post #20 of Old 03-09-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer View Post
Removing super glue from carpet is not much tougher that its seems. You can trim out the glue with a help of carpet knife or use acetone. To use this method one should be given much proper attention and care.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode