CFR portable extractor - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-10-2007, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

CFR portable extractor

Pros & cons. I need to know if anyone has used or has purchased a CFR unit, and what they think of it. I'm about to buy one in two wks.
Thanks

C Hollister
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-11-2007, 10:44 PM

CFR is owned by Tacony who also owns Powr-Flite among other companys. Which model are you looking at? I own a Powr-Flite and a Samuri.

Joseph D. Desmond
Raedan Cleaning Services Inc.-----http://www.raedancleaningservicesinc.com
"Promoting a clean and healthy work environment"
770-792-9184
post #3 of Old 01-11-2007, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey D View Post
CFR is owned by Tacony who also owns Powr-Flite among other companys. Which model are you looking at? I own a Powr-Flite and a Samuri.
Model number 10450A self contained extractor-9 gal size

C Hollister
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-12-2007, 01:06 AM

I've never used a self contained extractor. My Powr-Flite upright is about a year old and works great so far.Powr-flite isn't the best made in my opinion but i got it at a good price. It's the 200 CFM model with 2000 watt heater. I have just finished 10,000 sq/ft. job Commercial glue down.It's a little hard on the back using a wand on large areas.
The only thing I have thought about in the past with self contained is the flexability of the machine vs. a wand. If your doing commercial you need to get under desks cubicles etc. Do you have another machine also? I can see the self contained being used on wide open areas.By the looks of it the CFR might be a better made machine than the Power-Flite. Hopefully you'll get more feedback.
Good Luck.

Joseph D. Desmond
770-792-9184
post #5 of Old 01-12-2007, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey D View Post
I've never used a self contained extractor. My Powr-Flite upright is about a year old and works great so far.Powr-flite isn't the best made in my opinion but i got it at a good price. It's the 200 CFM model with 2000 watt heater. I have just finished 10,000 sq/ft. job Commercial glue down.It's a little hard on the back using a wand on large areas.
The only thing I have thought about in the past with self contained is the flexability of the machine vs. a wand. If your doing commercial you need to get under desks cubicles etc. Do you have another machine also? I can see the self contained being used on wide open areas.By the looks of it the CFR might be a better made machine than the Power-Flite. Hopefully you'll get more feedback.
Good Luck.
Thanks for your insight. I think I can hook a wand on this portable, if not I will buy one that will let me.
What first attracted me to CFR was the fact they were American made, then the price was great! Then again, I don't want to make a mistake and that is the reason for my post.
BTW, I like your website!
craig

C Hollister
post #6 of Old 01-12-2007, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Joey D, How heavy is your Powr Flight upright-under 100 pounds or over??? Also, do you use any back pack vacs?

C Hollister
post #7 of Old 01-12-2007, 12:33 PM

Thanks for the comment on the website.
My portys specs. state 110 Lbs. The heater adds alot of weight.
I too try to look for American made products thats another reason I bought the Powr-Flite besides the price I got. Unfortunatlly it does not always work out that way. I use backpacks and love them for large commercial work. A real time saver. I also use uprights for smaller jobs. I currently have Windsor backpacks and Windsor versamatics. German Made. I think there still made in Germany. Not sure. Excellent vacuums! Both are 6 years old and never needed a repair for anything!!!
Check out Steam-Brite.com they have a huge selection of extractors and the lowest prices I found on the web. That's where I bought my Powr-Flite from about a year ago.
I hope this helps.

Joseph D. Desmond
770-792-9184
post #8 of Old 09-13-2014, 03:29 AM

Thank you*informed me.
post #9 of Old 10-10-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Pros & cons. I need to know if anyone has used or has purchased a CFR unit, and what they think of it. I'm about to buy one in two wks.
Thanks
Did you buy the CFR machine? If so, how do you like it?
post #10 of Old 10-20-2014, 01:07 AM

It is good enough to give you positive results, if you want to change your cleaning style then it is good option.
post #11 of Old 10-27-2014, 12:56 AM

rotovac

I am about to purchase a rotovac 360cfx with all the bells n whistles has anyone used the machine any pros and cons
post #12 of Old 11-05-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgammal View Post
Good job
What is a good job?
post #13 of Old 02-08-2015, 04:23 PM

Rotovac 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by funlilfred View Post
I am about to purchase a rotovac 360cfx with all the bells n whistles has anyone used the machine any pros and cons
The 360 is great, the cfx, not so much. Cfx has inadequate vacuum power and if is just the CFX unit, no pump, so you are relying on the homes water pressure. You'd be better to buy a traditional portable.
post #14 of Old 07-11-2019, 01:10 AM

Smile Excellent Use

Have you used the CFR portable extractor? I can say it is very convenient to use it for large areas and extraction of hot water from the carpets.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in