Choosing the Perfect Flooring Material - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-04-2009, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Choosing the Perfect Flooring Material

If you are looking at flooring for a room you must first ask yourself what the priories are for that particular room that you are going to be installing flooring material into. Will the room have heavy or light traffic? Will you need it to be easy to maintain or durable? Are you after style or economy?

Once you know exactly what your flooring priorities are you can move on to the next determining factor. Now you must ask yourself if this will be a long term investment or a shorter term. If the long term flooring is what you are looking for then you will want to consider more durable flooring materials. Too many people make the mistake of putting expensive flooring into a home that they end up selling in less than five years.

Once you know what the needs are and how long you plan to benefit from a particular flooring material choice you can move to the next deciding factor. The budget is always one that you must consider, but even if money is tight that does not mean you should disregard nicer flooring options -- you just need to be more creative.

The Most Expensive Flooring Is Not Always The Best Choice.

If you are looking at possibly installing wood flooring you may be able to find a laminated wood flooring material that is much less expensive and does the job just as well. If you are looking at installing flooring material in a room that is not a high priority on your list you may still be able to find some nice high end flooring at closeout prices. The main reason people do not shop for bargains in flooring is because their choices may be limited to one or two styles. This works just fine if style is not as important as value.

For More Info CALL @ 941-822-8040
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-27-2009, 12:56 AM

Choosing the Perfect Flooring Material

In the Flooranddecoroutlets.com would be able to get some excellent options for our house’s floor. You would be able to get some excellent options of the flooring materials. Well, what kind of tiles would you love to be placed on the house’s floor?

Regards,
post #3 of Old 11-30-2009, 11:43 PM

hey nice post flooringtampa!

hi superback i like to put vinyl tiles for floors in the house!

Steps to Lay a vinyl tiles on your house!

1. Put Down Underlayment
  2. trim the door jamb and casing
  3. Lay out the room in quadrants
  4. Start tiling at the room's center
  5. Scribe tiles to fit along walls
  6. Cut tiles to Size
  7. Trim tiles around heat registers
  8. Install Shoe Molding
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-08-2009, 02:42 AM

Hmm I just want to ask guys what is the Perfect Flooring Material for you?.. I'm planning to use tiles for my floor.. Is this okey?..

Last edited by 88dblifestyle; 12-14-2009 at 01:01 AM.
post #5 of Old 08-10-2010, 02:39 AM

Hey guys. I want to ask you, what do you think about using laminate or parquet floor for the living room and the bedroom? Is it easy for keeping this kind of floors cleaned? For the kitchen and the hallway I choose already tiles.
post #6 of Old 08-10-2010, 07:45 AM

As with hardwood floors or parquet floors, the best method for care is to provide preventative maintenance. Parquet or wood floors should be swept often. Dirt, sand and outside debris can easily scratch any type of wood flooring. Keeping the debris off of your wood floors is one of the best ways to maintain the newness to your parquet floors.Avoid water spills and enjoy the beauty of your parquet floor.

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #7 of Old 08-10-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonNewton View Post
Hey guys. I want to ask you, what do you think about using laminate or parquet floor for the living room and the bedroom? Is it easy for keeping this kind of floors cleaned? For the kitchen and the hallway I choose already tiles.
I'm agree It always looked to me very beautiful laminate or parquet with a small rug at the center My dining room is with some laminate and looks great to me, but even if it's not a natural wood you should be careful. It's scratches very fast if the quality is not good.
post #8 of Old 08-10-2010, 09:04 AM

I agree with Marie about the preventative maintenance. It will keep your parquet and hardwood floor beautiful. I would add that it's recommended to keep away your pets. Their nails are very dangerous about it,too.
post #9 of Old 08-10-2010, 09:13 AM

It seems this thread is very popular - 265 views. I hope it helped someone
post #10 of Old 08-10-2010, 08:12 PM

I have floor boards everywhere except in the bathroom and laundry. I find them easy to keep clean and they look fantastic still even after nearly 10 years of use.
post #11 of Old 08-11-2010, 03:17 AM

What can you tell me about bamboo floors. Their advantages and disadvantages. I read that they are "eco floors", but couldn't find enough information.

post #12 of Old 08-11-2010, 05:00 AM

Guys, you are amazing. Your advices are priceless. Now I can easily choose the best flooring for me.
post #13 of Old 08-11-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Bell View Post
What can you tell me about bamboo floors. Their advantages and disadvantages. I read that they are "eco floors", but couldn't find enough information.
here's a site in Asutralia that could give you the info you need http://www.ecoflooring.com.au/
post #14 of Old 08-12-2010, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Bell View Post
Here is and some more info about maintaining the bamboo floor
Check it Here
post #15 of Old 08-12-2010, 07:12 PM

..and here is some more information about bamboo flooring...nah...just kidding.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode