Cleaning Cloth Upholstery - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-24-2012, 05:38 AM Thread Starter

Cleaning Cloth Upholstery

Here is a recipe for a good home made spotter for cloth upholstery.

Mix ľ cup of laundry soap with warm water if you use a mixer or a whisk you can mix to a froth and use the foam as your spotter. Apply with a clean cloth or sponge, tamp or blot the stain as the stain breaks down into the foam remove with a kitchen scraper. Rinse by using cool water and blotting with a dry white towel. Always test a small area on and unseen spot on the upholstery first to be sure there are no adverse affects.

If you have a fresh stain always blot with a clean white towel first to absorb as much of the spill before having to put out the cleaning supplies. Often immediate blotting with remove much if not all of the spill.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-24-2012, 07:29 AM

Thanks for sharing a good piece of information. Its really very simple and useful tips and I will definitely gonna use it.
post #3 of Old 08-28-2012, 05:54 AM

Cleaning vinyl or cloth upholstery is fairly simple. You can clean most kinds of sofa fabric with a general upholstery cleaner. However, if you have never done it before then I would recommend you to get it done by taking help of professional carpet cleaners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-31-2012, 07:58 AM

Your tips are quite nice and I found these very useful. Generally people find difficulties in finding proper solution to wash their cloths. I hope your suggestions will very useful.
post #5 of Old 09-02-2012, 05:09 AM

This is really a good information.Thanks for sharing.
post #6 of Old 01-06-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake6655 View Post
Here is a recipe for a good home made spotter for cloth upholstery.

Mix ľ cup of laundry soap with warm water if you use a mixer or a whisk you can mix to a froth and use the foam as your spotter. Apply with a clean cloth or sponge, tamp or blot the stain as the stain breaks down into the foam remove with a kitchen scraper. Rinse by using cool water and blotting with a dry white towel. Always test a small area on and unseen spot on the upholstery first to be sure there are no adverse affects.

If you have a fresh stain always blot with a clean white towel first to absorb as much of the spill before having to put out the cleaning supplies. Often immediate blotting with remove much if not all of the spill.
Ouch..... when my customers tell me they did that.... I tell them why they should NOT use soap and give them the same cleaning agent we use.
Soaps are oil based and oil never drys, thus resoiling. However you are right when you say to rinse the area, but most people do not bother to go that far. It is easier to just give them the simple workable product that takes much less work.

Carpet Cleaning Concord CA
5 Star Carpet Cleaning
780 Oak Grove Rd Concord, CA 94518
http://www.carpetcleaningconcordz.com/
post #7 of Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 AM

Thanks guys for sharing and Thanks jim jenson for underling that it is very important to rinse the area, because of the oil that is present in every soap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode