Coffee (I think) in carpet - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-25-2006, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Coffee (I think) in carpet

Hello,

I have some brown marks in my bedroom carpet that I am keen to remove - I suspect they're coffee(!) They've been there a while (months rather than days/weeks) & I know the longer you leave a stain the harder it is to remove, but can anyone offer any help?

Much appreciated. E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-12-2006, 02:01 AM

coffee is a tannin stain. You can get a tannin remover from your supplyhouse. It's cheap.
post #3 of Old 11-14-2006, 07:07 AM

Another answer to coffee stains is a good hydrogen peroxide based cleaner. There are many on the market. The stain will dissapear before your eyes. Safe and easy. If there is cream and surgar mixed in that is a different problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-14-2006, 12:03 PM

You may want to use some encap as a final step.

Cleaning Superman
Alter ego: George Barnett, Owner: G & G Services
http://www.CleaningSuperhero.com
Stone Care Central Regional Director, SouthEastern United States
http://www.bnitrussville.com
post #5 of Old 05-15-2012, 10:00 PM

Probably best to leave this one to a professional like Tampa carpet cleaning because the cleaners used should be rinsed and extracted out of the carpet for the best outcome. You may even need a heat transfer or a patch done.

Family Time Cleaning
8723 huntfield st
Tampa FL 33635
(727)742-5677
http://familytimecleaning.com/
post #6 of Old 05-16-2012, 08:02 AM

Put some lukewarm not hotwater in a spray bottle and lightly dampen the stain. Add teaspoon mild, non-bleaching detergent or carpet shampoo to 1 liter of warm water. Stir the solution in a bowl to mix thoroughly. Moisten a clean, white cloth liberally with the cleaning solution, and simply lay the cloth over the stain. Use the bottom of a spoon to gently press down on the cloth and work all over the cloth, starting on the outside and working your way toward the center in a spiral to prevent spreading the stain. Spray warm water onto the stain. Place a clean, sturdy paper towels over the damp spot. Then the stain should be gone and leave carpet dry.
post #7 of Old 05-17-2012, 10:31 AM

Try Quick n Brite- Guaranteed to Remove Set-in Stains

Have you ever tried Quick n Brite? It is a miracle worker! Quick n Brite has a 100% lifetime guarantee to remove any set in stain (except rust, dried paint and permanent dye) Use a bit of the concentrate on a damp terry cloth towel and rub it back and forth over the spot in short 5 to 6 inch motions until the stain lifts. Once it is clean, do the same thing with a dry terry cloth towel, you will notice more stain is lifted up into your rag, not pushed back down into the carpet so the stain reappears. It is non-toxic and biodegradable so there are no harsh fumes or chemicals and Quick n Brite has a 100% money back guarantee if you are not happy with it! And the best thing is you can use the concentrate in tons of other areas around your house like hard water spots on showers, windows, clothing stains, hard woods etc (anything water can touch)

You can buy Quick n Brite online at www.quicknbrite.com or call 425-778-8285 if you have any questions.
post #8 of Old 05-18-2012, 12:33 AM

For removing the stain I would suggest to use make the homemade product like add 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon mild, non-bleaching detergent and carpet shampoo and 1 liter water, Rinse it thoroughly and waiting for dry the carpet. Hope you will get good information.
post #9 of Old 05-19-2019, 03:34 AM

coffee stains

Vinegar not only removes coffee stains but is equally effective in removing stains of juices, tea, etc from upholstery, carpets and other fabrics. Just dip a soft towel in white vinegar and blot the mark until it is completely clean. Rinse the cloth thoroughly with water to remove the unpleasant smell of vinegar
post #10 of Old 05-19-2019, 11:13 PM

I find the best cleaning agent would be a reducer like sodium bisulfite or sodium metabisulfite.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode