Definitive list of carpet cleaning equipment - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-01-2012, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Definitive list of carpet cleaning equipment

I would like to know what equipment I should purchase when starting a carpet cleaning business.

I want to purchase portable cleaning equipment (vs truck mounted). I'd appreciate a complete list including recommended machines, solutions etc.

I have a tight budget, so I want the list to include only the best value or must have equipment.

Not interested in any franchise opportunities.

No Spam comments please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-02-2012, 12:02 AM

I am not a portable guy but, I do know that everybody really seems to like Mytee portables for carpet cleaning. You are going to spend about $5000 IMO to get what you really need to start professional carpet cleaning. Once you get busy you will want to step it up to a TM so you can take on more work each day. I started our company carpet cleaning orange county from the ground up 17 years ago and now we are a top service provider in our county.

Pacific Ocean Carpet Care
43 woodswallow lane
Aliso Viejo, Ca, 92656
(949) 230-5496
http://freshcleanhome.com/
post #3 of Old 04-02-2012, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

How much more efficient is a TM vs porty? What would be the time difference given the same size area? 1/2 the time? 1/3 the time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-03-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCParramatta View Post
I would like to know what equipment I should purchase when starting a carpet cleaning business.

I want to purchase portable cleaning equipment (vs truck mounted). I'd appreciate a complete list including recommended machines, solutions etc.

I have a tight budget, so I want the list to include only the best value or must have equipment.

Not interested in any franchise opportunities.

No Spam comments please!
If you can swing the cash for a truckmount you will not be sorry at all. If I had to get a portable I would probably do like a M5 with air hog booster and then some kind of fuel fired heat.....by the time your done you should just get a truckmount.

Is it imperative that you carry the machine into the customers home? (high rise type situation? If not go TM you won't regret it.
post #5 of Old 04-09-2012, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

List

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayetti View Post
If you can swing the cash for a truckmount you will not be sorry at all. If I had to get a portable I would probably do like a M5 with air hog booster and then some kind of fuel fired heat.....by the time your done you should just get a truckmount.

Is it imperative that you carry the machine into the customers home? (high rise type situation? If not go TM you won't regret it.
Hey. Still looking for a list of carpet cleaning equipment I will require. Need the list to be things available in Australia (where I'm based)
post #6 of Old 04-10-2012, 11:59 AM

Basically you need a truck mount (if you REALLY can not swing it go portable *shivers)

You need a good pre spray, this can be anything from a bridgepoint product to some local manufacturer. It should be a liquid with a ph around 9-10. By using a liquid with a lower PH you will be effective in more situations and won't have to worry about what kind of carpet you are using it on (how much wool carpet is there in australia? You may want to get something even lower on the PH scale if you will run into wool regularly)

You will need a booster for you pre spray, I would recomend some kind of citrusolve type product.

You will need spotting chemicals, citrus gel, solvent gel, liquid solvents, fels bar, maybe some enzyme spotter, some stain magic, some form of reducer (for red stains) maybe some urine booster for both spotter and pre spray.

You will need a good wand that is appropriately sized for your machine. If you go truckmount go with a nice high flow 8-12 flow 14 inch wand. If you go portable, use an appropriate sized wand for that situation. If you do go portable I have heard many people say that a rotary tool (rotovac 360i or something like that) helps a ton.

You will need air movers, carpet rakes, furntiure tabs, hoses, hand tools, pump up sprayers, hydroforce (if truckmount)

The list is sort of long, I know there is lots of stuff I have forgotten.
post #7 of Old 05-08-2012, 07:44 AM

There are so many carpet cleaning equipment and one of the main equipment is truck mount. Portable Extract carpet cleaning machine can also be the effective equipment.
post #8 of Old 05-09-2012, 12:49 AM

Those of you who have used professional cleaners, how did you select one? Does Sears really do that superior of a job, anyone? I haven't heard of any recommendations in my area by word of mouth. Then again, I haven't asked. I had the carpets cleaned once a long time ago and it just seemed like an OK job, nothing that great. I don't recall him using a steam cleaner. At that time, I didn't know to inquire what method was being used. Perhaps he did use steam. Would it be obvious if stream was being used?

Tags
carpet cleaning business , carpet cleaning equipment , carpet cleaning machines

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode