Disposal of Water - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-05-2012, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Disposal of Water

I am buying a carpet van from someone and not sure where I am allowed to dump the water when done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-14-2012, 09:49 PM

The water must go to a city sewer, you should call your local municipal water supplier and check and see if they have any specifications.
post #3 of Old 04-26-2012, 05:27 AM
Registered

wastewater disposal and treatment can be dangerous if not done correctly. wastewater at industrial facilities that are not eliminated or treated may endanger the surrounding residential areas and may pose a health hazard to workers. But with the elimination and a company known environmental remediation and recycling of treated wastewater can even be reused as drinking water, agriculture and rehabilitation of natural ecosystems. Not only the affected areas are safe from further harm, we can provide wastewater treatment to good use and benefit.

Thanks,
online backup service
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-27-2012, 05:50 AM

Pharmaceuticals and related compounds have been widely found in waste water effluent and in surface waters and, in limited cases, groundwater. Researchers are now investigating how some pharmaceuticals and personal care products may harm aquatic life.
post #5 of Old 04-27-2012, 09:56 AM

Sewer is the best way to do it, you have to filter it for solid waste. Check your local authorities just in case. Some cleaners dump in car washes, which is illegal, heard of a cleaner got arrested for this. the ground would be an option but far away from rain collectors.

Alberto Rivero
High Steam Carpet Cleaning
(727)288-3008
Carpet Cleaning Tampa
post #6 of Old 04-27-2012, 01:12 PM

The best thing you could do is see if the van has an APO ( automatic pump out) which will allow you to pump out the dirty contaminated water into either a washer overflow or a toilet while you are working. This is what we at mission viejo carpet cleaning do and it really makes your day much easier. These can cost about $1000 to get but are worth every penny IMO.

Pacific Ocean Carpet Care
43 woodswallow lane
Aliso Viejo, Ca, 92656
(949) 230-5496
http://freshcleanhome.com/
post #7 of Old 04-27-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
The best thing you could do is see if the van has an APO ( automatic pump out) which will allow you to pump out the dirty contaminated water into either a washer overflow or a toilet while you are working. This is what we at mission viejo carpet cleaning do and it really makes your day much easier. These can cost about $1000 to get but are worth every penny IMO.
This is sound advice and exactly what we use at carpet cleaning Tampa. I honestly done know how anybody does our work without an auto pump out system? Just makes the jobs and day go so much easier and fasted.

Family Time Cleaning
8723 huntfield st
Tampa FL 33635
(727)742-5677
http://familytimecleaning.com/
post #8 of Old 04-30-2012, 05:55 AM

Its very important to have proper drainage system and the disposal of water can go through proper drainage system.
post #9 of Old 04-30-2012, 06:33 AM

It is very necessary to have proper disposal of the dirty waste water from carpet cleaning jobs. Recovered wastewater may only be dumped into a sanitary sewer line which discharges into a publicly owned waste-water treatment plant.
post #10 of Old 06-05-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashinisherin View Post
It is very necessary to have proper disposal of the dirty waste water from carpet cleaning jobs. Recovered wastewater may only be dumped into a sanitary sewer line which discharges into a publicly owned waste-water treatment plant.
I am agree with you yashinishwerin , That it is very necessary to keep clean the place in order to keep waste water to sewer or else you have option to call municipality expert then they get that water through its process and keep your area clean.
post #11 of Old 06-11-2012, 11:44 PM

Definitely only into the city sewer man. I use a knockout at my shop which drains to the city sewer. It is our responsibility to dispose of our water properly.
post #12 of Old 06-12-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOcarpet View Post
Definitely only into the city sewer man. I use a knockout at my shop which drains to the city sewer. It is our responsibility to dispose of our water properly.
Obviously I am agree with you in this way. It is basis on hygienic and its only up to you that how you clean and maintain your city,house or else your self.
post #13 of Old 09-10-2015, 06:57 AM

Drains or sewage pipes clog and rot due to various reasons. The only way the drains or pipes can be cleaned with powerful cleaning products and equipment's.
The sewer pipes have to be installed carefully with precision. The pipes have to be installed with sufficient slope. The next thing that has to be decided is deciding the elevation.

American Septic Services
Address: 3824 Kenyon Rd.
Lake worth Fl 33461
post #14 of Old 09-14-2015, 12:07 AM

Cleanliness is very important for our health so it totally depends upon us that how to clean our environment.
post #15 of Old 01-05-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
The water must go to a city sewer, you should call your local municipal water supplier and check and see if they have any specifications.
I agree.
post #16 of Old 01-10-2017, 01:29 AM

Somehow you should dispose it off safely!
post #17 of Old 01-17-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin98 View Post
wastewater disposal and treatment can be dangerous if not done correctly. wastewater at industrial facilities that are not eliminated or treated may endanger the surrounding residential areas and may pose a health hazard to workers. But with the elimination and a company known environmental remediation and recycling of treated wastewater can even be reused as drinking water, agriculture and rehabilitation of natural ecosystems. Not only the affected areas are safe from further harm, we can provide wastewater treatment to good use and benefit.

Thanks,
online backup service
Justin98 needs to be banned from the site. This is clearly spam and is not from a carpet cleaner. Please remove him.

Matt
Smith Brothers Carpet Cleaning
post #18 of Old 01-19-2017, 01:59 PM

Every time I get my carpets cleaned they always dispose of the dirty water down the toilet. Makes sense as the toilet water would go directly to the sewer, which seems to be the general advice.
post #19 of Old 03-15-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I'm curious, how many customers refuse to let you pump down their toilet? I've had to haul dirty water away because some headstrong customers refuse to let me dump that way and say that a little piece of paper from a spiral binder would clog the commode.
I do mention that the toilet paper they flush is also paper, and can is more likely to back up the toilet. But only once then I oblige them so I can get on with the next job.
post #20 of Old 03-20-2017, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydolan1 View Post
Every time I get my carpets cleaned they always dispose of the dirty water down the toilet. Makes sense as the toilet water would go directly to the sewer, which seems to be the general advice.
That's what I do as well and it works quite well. I do only residential cleaning, so there's not much water to worry about.

Tags
water

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode