Does your cleaning service offer any TLC...? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-22-2008, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Question Does your cleaning service offer any TLC...?

I am not in the business of cleaning for other people but I have cleaned my share of homes for my father who is a new home contractor...

Since the man is my own flesh & blood, he pays me a very fair wage compensatory or according to the quality of work I perform...

So therefore, I put in the extra effort to give every cleaning project he asks me to do a little more TLC than anyone else would and the jobs I've done always look far better than anyone else's work ever has...

I know that for most of you who clean as a paid service, your time is money but doesn't it make sense to spend a little more time than absolutely necessary to do a better job and make it more probable that you will be called to duty again & again...?

I'm not trying to offend anyone but I would love to hear your thoughts on what I just said...!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-25-2008, 05:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
You bring up a good point. I tend to do the "extras" within reason in any given situation. I founded my business on giving that extra attention to detail, but some clients can take it too far if you are not careful. I just provide a better standard for others to follow.

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #3 of Old 09-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Lou

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou
My hat is off to you house cleaning people...the thought of what you guys have to go through. I can only envision opening a giant can of PITA.

Lou
Hoods & More
Phx, Az
602-434-1169
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-27-2008, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

That's great Torry and I think you will find a few great products for doing the "extras" as you say, on the site in my signature below...

post #5 of Old 09-28-2008, 07:27 AM

I've always taken extreme pride in the work I do. I take the time and any extra expense to make sure that when I leave a site, no one could've done it better.

Fortunately, I've found what I consider to be the best chemicals on the market for my line of work. And I found them without needing someone to start a false thread just so that they could lead me to their site and buy their products.

I'm new to this board, so I don't know if anyone has pointed this out to you but what you're doing is shady at best and I've noticed in almost all of your responses that you offer virtually no insight or guidance to anyone on any subject. It seems to me that if you represented a reputable business, you'd be able to market your products in a professional manner rather than trying play small business owners for being stupid and gullible.
post #6 of Old 09-28-2008, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Most people would be offended by what you said David but you need to understand where I'm coming from...

I am not a professional cleaner of any kind, I'm a health adviser but as such, I know that the company that makes the products I use and offer others also has a great line of cleaning products...

The help I offer is not from my knowledge of how to clean anything but in what to use to clean everything with...

Anyone with the intelligence to not make assumptions and take the time to look into what I offer would not be stupid or gullible at all, they would be very wise in my opinion and I would have a lot of respect for them...

Last edited by MichaelseBiz; 09-28-2008 at 12:03 PM.
post #7 of Old 09-28-2008, 12:52 PM

Get real, bro. You're hear for one reason only and that is to push your products. You're pretty much a forum-type telemarketer. That's obvious since nearly everything you post says, "hey, click on my link and buy my products."

Look, if that's the reason you're here and no one cares, that's fine. But don't lack the courage to admit it and try to play people by posting under false premises. I know and like alot of people who comes to forums and I personally see it as someone trying to disrespect my friends and their time.

And, no - I'm not afraid to say it.
post #8 of Old 09-28-2008, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

You're right about part of your comment David...

I am here to offer (or push as you like to say) my products to people in the cleaning services business but I am not here to push anything on anyone and I am not using any false pretenses or premises at all...

I genuinely want to help people but I understand that you will not be one of those people because you have already formed an inaccurate opinion of me and the product I represent so I want to ask you to please stay away from my site and the Shaklee products...

Thank you David...!
post #9 of Old 09-28-2008, 05:30 PM

Maybe we got off on the wrong foot and don't understand each other. I haven't jumped to any conclusions or formed any innacurate opinions about you at all. The fact is that I read through everything you've posted on this board and in every single post you offer no valid information or insight to cleaners - which, since you may have missed the concept, is why most of us are here. Instead, the only "solution" or "help" (as you like to call it) is to direct people to your site in order for them to buy your products.

Apparently, I'm not the only person to notice this since, in another thread I found this reply from you:

"I'm sorry, I just know how helpful this company I represent has been for me but I will no longer try to blatantly promote their products at all...

Please forgive me...!"

Obviously you didn't mean it since you're still blatantly promoting their products.

I'm not saying you should leave or stay away from this site (although I did understand your request to stay away from YOUR site and products which I will do.) But you should really try to offer more here than simple plugs for your own business. After all, if you know as much about cleaning chemicals as you claim, then it shouldn't be too hard for you to respond to someone's question without a sales pitch.

Again, I will certainly do as you request and stay away from your site and products. But I tell you now that I'll call you out each and everytime I see you performing your shady sales tactics on this or any other forum. Nothing personal, since I do the same with anyone else who has nothing to offer but sales pitches to people who are looking for legitimate answers to their challenges.

Glad we understand each other.
post #10 of Old 09-28-2008, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation

Yes David, I'm so glad we were able to come to a mutual understanding as I don't like to lose anyone's respect for me...

But I guess I should make one small correction with something you said and that is that I really know nothing about any cleaning product other than the ones I've used since I was a kid - well, I haven't used them personally for that long but my mother has and she loves them...

I guess I was only hoping that people would visit my company Web site because they would learn a lot more than I can share here...

I really hope you were the only one I've offended as much as it appears I have and I really wish that wasn't the case with you either as I would really like to know more about you...

What is it you do anyway David...?
post #11 of Old 09-28-2008, 07:03 PM

I've worked in the cleaning & restoration (fire/smoke/water) industry for about 15 years. Currently offer services in residential and commercial cleaning, carpet, tile & stone care and home performance/moisture mitigation.

Look, it's nothing personal against you. But it irks me greatly to see someone come to these forums only to promote their products. If you (generally speaking) offer some technical or general information as well, then it's all good. For instance, if you're promoting these products then surely you know at least some of the principles of why they work better than others and could share that rather than simply plugging them. Or maybe you could share the best ways/methods of using or applying them in any given situation, thereby offering someone insight regardless of which products they choose. That would go a very long way toward building your credibility within this and other communities. That alone would bring you sales.

I realize that you say you haven't much experience in actual cleaning or in using other products. But I really hope you aren't asking people to buy something you know nothing about. So, I would think that, in addition to having a product you believe in, you also have some knowledge or insight that you would contribute. Even if not in the technical sense, then in the business sense of helping someone out. Or maybe in terms of industry news or direction. Whatever, but at least something.

I will say that perhaps I approached you and this topic in a way that is somewhat less than tactful as well as professional, and I will apologize to you for that. Other than your posts I don't know anything about you or your products. For all I know, you could be someone who is just starting out and is simply trying to find a way to get their name out there.

But I will tell you from experience that if you come here (or to other forums) and don't participate past directing folks to your site or recommending your preferred line of products, then you'll not only waste your time but also begin to be counterproductive.
post #12 of Old 09-28-2008, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Wow David,

That was a very involved reply and it must have taken some careful thought & consideration so thank you...

Thanks for putting forth such an effort and I respect you for that...

As per your suggestion, I guess I should point out the reason I feel the xxxxxx products are the best on the market...

I feel that way because xxxxxx has been going strong for more than 50 years and they have invested millions of dollars for scientific research...

But all that stuff is fine & good but the reason I know how well they work is because of what they've done for me in my lifetime...

When I was 3 years old, I was in & out of the hospital with some kind of cold, flu or virus and my parents couldn't understand why...

Then they were introduced to xxxxxx and started giving some to me. I haven't been in the hospital for any kind of cold, flu or virus since.

Moving forward, I was in 7th grade when I started playing middle school football and I was a scrawny 110 lb weakling but one of the xxxxxx products helped me bulk up to 150 lbs of pure muscle in my first 3 month season...

There are other great things xxxxxx has done for my physical condition & health but I'm not here to talk about any of that...

The Reason I'm Here...

The reason I'm here is to let people know about the incredibly high concentration of the natural xxxxx cleaners and to point out that none of them have any kind of chemicals in them at all - resulting in no side effects whatsoever...

(deleted by moderator - advertising)

I hope that changes your thoughts & opinions of what I've been doing and you're right, I am new to this business so I'm trying to help as many people as I can but I've known the products for years now...

Last edited by t.peterson; 09-29-2008 at 12:00 AM.
post #13 of Old 09-28-2008, 08:22 PM

Best of luck to you.
post #14 of Old 09-28-2008, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Thank you David and best of luck to you as well...!
post #15 of Old 09-28-2008, 11:58 PM

This topic has nothing to do with the forum that it is in - carpet and upholstery cleaning.

Michaelsbiz you have been repeatedly warned by personal messaging about the advertising policy on this board. If you do not wish to purchase an ad spot on this board and advertise the correct way then you must immediately stop continuing to evolve all of your conversations in to some sort of pitch for your products, otherwise you will be banned from this board. This is your last warning, the next post that eludes to anything close to a pitch for shaklee will be your last .
post #16 of Old 09-30-2008, 04:24 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
Thank you, T. I answered in hopes he was engaging in an appropriate conversation about the industry and it became a ploy to promote his products. I am sorry for being gullible and adding to the problem. I appreciate your help but sorry to add more work on your plate! And, I failed to notice the forum it came up in. I should have kept my mouth shut. I just spoke in general terms.

::::slinking away slowly:::::

ETA: I think I'll pass the on the Kool-aid.

And ETA again: My hat is off to our new guy, David Edwards. You are nicer than I was!

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!

Last edited by TailoredMaid; 09-30-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: I always have something to say or add. LOL
post #17 of Old 07-12-2009, 11:34 PM

Cleaning business is really a demand today..
post #18 of Old 09-26-2016, 07:37 AM

And it is very easy to start a cleaning business up and grow it!
post #19 of Old 09-29-2016, 07:19 AM

Best wishes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode