Do's and Don'ts of Carpet Cleaning
- Place walk-off mats wherever there are entrances to your home from high-soil areas like backyards, garages and so on.
- Buy a quality vacuum and use it regularly. Thorough vacuuming removes loose dirt and dust from the fibers. Frequent vacuuming maintains the beauty of your floor covering and extends its life.
- Read the care and maintenance guidelines provided by the manufacturer.
- Consistent upkeep and periodic professional cleaning will keep your carpet beautiful, inviting and durable for years to come.
- Donít vacuum over loose yarn or try to pull out the snag. Looped carpets can snag, especially at a seam or a carpet transition.
- Donít let stains sit. Treat stains as soon as possible. The longer you wait the more the stain will soak into the fibers.
- Donít rub or scrub the area with a rag, this damages the fibers and may create a permanent scar.
- Donít try to clean your carpets alone. Cleaning by a reputable, professional cleaner is suggested approximately once a year to protect your investment.