Help me decide on pre scrubber please - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-05-2012, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Help me decide on pre scrubber please

Hey guys,

Actually I think im going to get the Oreck Orbiter just for that added agitation on hammered carpet before HWE. I also like the idea of being able to scrub out grout with it as well. I looked at the Brush Pro and CRB and I feel there overkill for what I need. Great machines but not for what I need. I am wondering the difference between the models of the Orbiter? There's a 400, 550, 600 all say XL? But I can't find any real difference on them? Anybody here know and use these?

Also, I have heard of problems with swirl marks from other machines as well as flowering the yarn real bad. I hear these don't do that? Maybe them weighing only 24pounds helps with that? I really like the size, weight and price point of these and just wanted to hear from some about them, and what extras to get as far as pad wise.

My reasoning behind this choice is I very rarely see really dirty carpet, limited space in vans, I like the weight for easy in & out of vans, can scrub grout as well.

I really would like to eventually have it all but not until a box truck or two. Then I want the 360i as well. I already have a large heavy 175 mainly used on stone work jobs. Stays at office unless stone job scheduled.

Thanks in advance

Carpet cleaning orange county

Pacific Ocean Carpet Care
43 woodswallow lane
Aliso Viejo, Ca, 92656
(949) 230-5496
http://freshcleanhome.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-05-2012, 06:25 PM

The smaller the number the lighter use. The 400 is for the lady that messes around with it a little but doesn't really even know what she is doing. I had the heavy duty one and used to use it a lot and never a problem. My buddy in Kansas City actually has the middle one I think and he has never had a problem with his either. The heavy duty one has a 10 year (I think) guarantee while the light use one has I think a 2 year guarantee. Only about $150 difference in price I think... back when I bought mine. I think I had like 4 heads for it because 1 head gets dirty so you will need another one and so on.... then you have to rinse and reuse.

I hope this helps.
post #3 of Old 07-05-2012, 07:25 PM

I really like the look and size of these for what your saying. I don't have an answer for you however now you have me looking at them for myself. I too can use a little agitation help with grout as well as bad traffic lanes and this machine looks like a tool for carpet cleaning Tampa for sure!

Family Time Cleaning
8723 huntfield st
Tampa FL 33635
(727)742-5677
http://familytimecleaning.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-05-2012, 07:31 PM

I am going to tell you nothing equals the rotovac and it's cleaning performance but, those are perfect for what you are saying. They do a great job on grout as well as you can add cleaning & polishing wood to your services as well. We use a similar tool here at carpet cleaning Los Angeles with great results on wood floors as well as tile & grout.

Trojan Carpet Care
504 Del Monte st
Pasadena, Ca, 91103
(626) 393-5965
http://trojancarpetcare.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode