Hiring a Cleaner? or DIY - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-13-2013, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Hiring a Cleaner? or DIY

G'Day,

My bestfriend is renovating her house next week because of floods these days here. We also wanted to call a professional service to make the work more easy.
Because, we have work during days, and only weekends, I can only attend to her. Though, I wanna help.

I am not very confident cleaning the upholsters and bulk carpets she haveSo was hoping i would be able to get some tips and suggestions on the best way to deal with this???

Ciao!
Nell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-23-2013, 03:28 AM

I would definitely give your local vacate cleaners a call and discuss with them the situation and see if there is a service they provide that will help you. Goodluck!

Black Tie Cleaning Google Plus
Office cleaning in Perth, Western Australia
post #3 of Old 02-24-2013, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

thanks BlackTie. Well give them a call

auckland carpet steamndry
12 Culperry Road Glendene Auckland New Zealand
09 836-5498
carpet cleaning, Repairs and Laying, upholstery cleaning Auckland, Flood restoration, pest control
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 AM

Yea, ask them how will they do.

If you think you can do as same as they do. then DIY.
post #5 of Old 02-25-2013, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Yep, I thanks David.

09 836-5498
carpet cleaning, Repairs and Laying, upholstery cleaning Auckland, Flood restoration, pest control
post #6 of Old 03-06-2013, 01:36 AM

post #7 of Old 03-07-2013, 12:17 PM

I would recommend doing it yourself or hiring a regular cleaner who can learn the property and get really fast at cleaning it.
post #8 of Old 03-09-2013, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam-n-dry View Post
G'Day,

My bestfriend is renovating her house next week because of floods these days here. We also wanted to call a professional service to make the work more easy.
Because, we have work during days, and only weekends, I can only attend to her. Though, I wanna help.

I am not very confident cleaning the upholsters and bulk carpets she haveSo was hoping i would be able to get some tips and suggestions on the best way to deal with this???

Ciao!
Nell
I will recommend you to hire the Hiring professional house cleaners. Make sure the house cleaning service you hire is insured to cover possible damage that they make can while cleaning your home due to accidents.
post #9 of Old 03-11-2013, 12:38 PM

Hiring a professional cleaner would help you more than what you thought. If you do it by yourself, you could make a mistake and ended up ruining your carpets and floor tiles. Also, you could have buy materials for yourself in order for you to work if you have time and had no enough time to call for a cleaner.
post #10 of Old 03-15-2013, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam-n-dry View Post
G'Day,

Ciao!
Nell
Its better to hire a professional for better services.....Don't DIY
post #11 of Old 03-23-2013, 06:38 AM

If you are planning to hire a cleaner for your home or office cleaning, then I would recommend you to hire a professional and reputed cleaning company only.
post #12 of Old 03-25-2013, 02:08 PM

Depending on what type of cleaning I need. I go for professionals when it comes to carpet cleaning, and especially to the bi-annual deep clean-up. However, for the rest of the tasks, even though I know there are many good companies on the market, I choose the DIY method.

Best regards, Silvia Smith!
post #13 of Old 03-26-2013, 05:17 PM

DIY all the way

First of all, it saves money - lots of money

Secondly you don't have to adjust your schedule, be home at a certain time or miss work to be there when the cleaners are.

Third is that you don't know what they are putting in your carpet. Is it watered down solution? Is it soap based? Are then any chemicals that will harm your family or pets?

Fourth - what if a stain doesn't come out or it dries with phantom spots - are you going to want to have them come back to clean it? Are you going to want to argue on the phone to be refunded for what wasn't done right?

I stand by the DIY carpet cleaning 100%. If you get a steam cleaner you are still paying less then you would to have a pro come in and the machine will pay itself off in the end. Plus your machine is ALWAYS there at your convenience to use whenever you have a stain or want to freshen up. My recommendation as to what cleaner you should use is Genesis 950. It is without a doubt the best carpet cleaner I have ever come across.

However if you do go with a pro, my advice based on experience is to use a local cleaner. Stay away from the larger corporate type cleaners. They generally hire people who are there to make an hourly wage and basically get in and out. A local cleaner relies on making a good impression and knows the value of word of mouth, so they will be more thorough and more aware of what they are doing.
post #14 of Old 03-27-2013, 03:00 PM

Its always good to get the professionals in as they do this, all day long
post #15 of Old 03-29-2013, 12:23 AM

Well, I think it depends on situation to situation and individual to individual. If there are cleaning tasks like janitorial cleaning, roof cleaning or washroom cleaning I think it's always better to hire professionals because we never can't match up their ways and standards but if the tasks are small then it's better to buy the cleaning supplies at wholesale rate and do it yourself.
post #16 of Old 03-29-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logangomes View Post
If you are planning to hire a cleaner for your home or office cleaning, then I would recommend you to hire a professional and reputed cleaning company only.
Absolutely! Make sure you do your research to make sure the company is:
  • Recommended Online - Check google for feedback
  • Insurance is covered
  • What they are going to offer -
  • Do they know their service well? Carpet materials, drying times, how to remove certain stains if you have them.
  • customer service - are they ontime, do they offer a good friendly and reliable service
  • Value for money - do they offer market rates?

TLC Domestic Services LTD

Professional Carpet Cleaning & Domestic Cleaning in London

www.tlcdomesticservices.co.uk
post #17 of Old 04-25-2013, 10:37 PM

I say go with a reputable professional
post #18 of Old 05-28-2013, 04:50 AM

Home renovation process is big task, for that professional cleaning services are required. First you need to focus on their experience, quality in cleaning, what they are using and major thing is cost, we need to heck weather it will come within our budget or not.
post #19 of Old 07-31-2013, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by remove stain View Post
I would recommend doing it yourself or hiring a regular cleaner who can learn the property and get really fast at cleaning it.
Yep, I have a friend who knows well.
thanks for the response.

09 836-5498
post #20 of Old 07-31-2013, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all who responded. And your suggestions are read thoroughly.

DIY could be done if task could be done by ourselves, and I agree with hiring a pro, they have the skills more that we think we do have. Again thanks, I pm sheila on this.

All the best. Happy cleaning to us all.

09 836-5498

Tags
diy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode