How to diy clean Italian sofa? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-23-2013, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

How to diy clean Italian sofa?

Hi friends!

I felt it was time to freshen up my sofa a bit, after having it for 5+ years now.
The covers have already been taken to the dry cleaner's and are taken care of.
Main thing to clean now is the fabric on the arm rests and the fabric on the front, back and sides of the sofa (and if anyone knows howto do the pillows, containing goose down and expanded polyurethane). I've included a picture of the fabric below.
Im not exactly sure what it is, but the dry cleaner said he could do a lot with it... and he also noted that cleaning it with water is very difficult, since it would have to be evenly applied everywhere. Further I also know the manufacturer of the sofa only uses natural materials.
Thanks a lot for sharing your ideas! I really appreciate it!

Last edited by Cielo976; 12-27-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-27-2013, 12:13 PM

Using excessive amounts of water and soap is a big no-no since it can speeds up the leather's ability to break apart. At the same time, using strong solvents like Ammonia will only bleach the leather. If there is a stain, use only a small amount of water to clean the mess away and don't leave stagnant water on the surface of the leather.
post #3 of Old 01-03-2014, 02:00 AM

That is a great deal - thanks for sharing!
This is quite interesting.. definitely good for thought

Carpet cleaners available now in Southend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-20-2014, 01:54 AM

I will say no if you want to clean it with water, you should take some precaution if you are going to clean leather upholstery. For removing spots, make a mixture of lemon juice with one part cream of tartar, apply this paste on the stain, rub it and leave it for 10 min, Apply another layer of the paste, work it in, then remove with either a damp sponge or a damp sponge topped with moisturizing soap.
post #5 of Old 11-05-2014, 09:02 PM

I would advise not to diy with expensive upholstery unless you have proper training.
post #6 of Old 12-26-2014, 10:03 PM

While no leather can completely repel liquid or dirt stains, Italian leather holds up the best against these evil forces. In the event of a stain, your Italian leather sofa will require nothing more than a quick blotting to soak up excess liquid.
post #7 of Old 12-30-2014, 05:58 AM

I really don't recommend doing any DIY stuff for things like furniture as they do a great deal on creating the atmosphere of a room or an office. Doing it wrong could completely ruin the leather and Italian Leather is fairly expensive. It would be best to hire an experienced cleaner to avoid messy and costly mistakes.
post #8 of Old 09-16-2015, 06:45 AM

Diy products damage the furniture and it will destroy the furniture.So better if you can hire professional cleaner to clean these type of expensive furniture.
post #9 of Old 07-20-2016, 02:42 AM

Leather upholstery or furniture is one of the most valuable and sensitive items in a household. With good maintenance, leather will look younger and can be maintained in the original look. The leather furniture is vacuumed to extract unwanted particles namely soil, dirt, dust, food crumbs and the leather is cleaned with a soft bristled brush.
post #10 of Old 10-03-2016, 11:26 AM

Hello guys,

Carpetcleaningandwaterdamage is one of the famous and largest carpet cleaning manufacturing company for providing the different variety of liquids for cleaning the carpet to the people. The professionals of the company is more experienced and used the different technology of machines for cleaning the carpet, sofa and furniture's without any damage. they reduces the odors, stain, particles from the carpet by using the methods and liquids easily.This makes clients agreeable to pose any question that they may have had about carpet cleaning and maintenance. Confirmed professionals react to the genuine worries of the customers and solve them immediately.

With regards
Saira Miller
post #11 of Old 11-01-2016, 10:15 AM

Professional Carpet Cleaning: How Often Should Carpet Be Cleaned

I think you need to find out a best carpet cleaning machine first then you can clean your carpet easy.
And also follow my link to do well and excellent cleaning work for your carpet.
post #12 of Old 11-01-2016, 10:18 AM

Professional Carpet Cleaning: How Often Should Carpet Be Cleaned

I think you need to find out a best carpet cleaning machine first then you can clean your carpet easy.
And also follow my link to do well and excellent cleaning work for your carpet.
post #13 of Old 05-18-2017, 02:33 AM

Thanks for the information. . .
post #14 of Old 08-03-2017, 02:33 AM

Nice info!
post #15 of Old 08-04-2017, 01:24 PM

Italian sofas are expensive and cleaning them on your own means risk. So, you need to know more about the material to take care of the sofa in a great way. Use the driest method possible for the Italian sofa. Don't let your furniture come in contact with direct sunlight. Consider covering the furniture when not in use. Do not use lot of water to clean as this can result in mildew and mould.
post #16 of Old 08-07-2017, 03:55 AM

I agree with Ridley Des that only water is not sufficient to deal with these sofa issues. Also make sure to read product description before applying on your sofa or you may contact the sofa cleaning service provider in case of confusion
post #17 of Old 09-09-2017, 03:51 AM

This is really interesting.. definitely good for thought

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode