Most effective carpet cleaning method - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-15-2012, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Most effective carpet cleaning method

I wanted to get a feel for what people here thought the most effective carpet cleaning method was? I personally love HWE I don't think anything can touch steam cleaning when it comes to dirty carpet. I am getting more and more interested in encap cleaning though. I would really like to see what others think of encapping? Most of my business is residential, but sometimes I will come across CGD in a residence and it would be really nice to be able to encap it and be done with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-15-2012, 10:30 AM

I cleaned carpets for a few years with my brother's carpet cleaning company. IMO there are several effective carpet cleaning methods. They each have their strengths and weaknesses. I used HWE (hot water extraction) and Bonnet carpet cleaning. A lot of the time, I would use both methods on the same carpet: spray the carpet with a pre-spray, scrub it with a cotton pad with the low speed buffer, and then rinse with extractor and acidic rinse.

IMO, the buffing method doesn't work with berber or ultra-dense carpet. It needs enough space to move the carpet fibers around. It does excell with oelfin carpet though. With steam cleaning, it can be dangerous to no lower the heat enough on olefin, thereby damaging the fibers.

Bainbridge Island Window Cleaning
Poulsbo Window Cleaning
post #3 of Old 02-15-2012, 02:28 PM

I have cleaned carpets for years with about every kinda system there is. I have seen guys with flame throwing truck mounts do a terrible job, I have seen just the oppisite also. I have been encapping with 175 to 300 rpm swing machines for a few now and have had nothing but great results. Just putting a pad under the machine does not work all the time. You have to learn and master the system you are working with. HWE can follow my cleaning and get dirt, I can follow HWE and get dirt. No system gets it all. Encap work great with what ever system you want. And it works great , HWE even are using encaps in the final rinse. As a padcapper bonett cleaner pad cleaner or whatever you want to call it, Encaps do work. Just sayin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-15-2012, 02:31 PM

As for the Berber carpet i get tons of refferals from people with Berber. I really enjoy cleaning Berber carpets. Super easy to clean padcapping. Thanks
post #5 of Old 02-15-2012, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

you guys are saying just about what I was thinking. There is a proper time and place for everything. I think no matter what I will do more HWE than anything else, but i may start pad capping a little bit on some the super thin berbers (almost like a commercial carpet, stuff wicks like crazy sometimes)
post #6 of Old 03-03-2012, 04:19 PM

Well OK. Most of you are pretty much saying what I say. One thing I have learned over the years and that its not so much the type of system one uses it always boils down to who is doing the work.
post #7 of Old 03-07-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck blanton View Post
Well OK. Most of you are pretty much saying what I say. One thing I have learned over the years and that its not so much the type of system one uses it always boils down to who is doing the work.
Agreed.

Take Extra Care Carpet Cleaning
1500 Cantrill Drive
Lexington KY 40505
(859) 948-9608
post #8 of Old 05-25-2012, 07:22 AM

Its true that there are many carpet cleaning methods which can be using by many different cleaning companies.
post #9 of Old 05-30-2012, 12:35 AM

I can suggest that there are so many carpet cleaning method which easily remove satins and dirt from carpet. Carpet shampoo,steam cleaning or hot water extraction, Dry powder, Foam, Detergent with white vinegar all techniques are very useful for carpet cleaning.
post #10 of Old 05-30-2012, 01:54 AM

Thanks for sharing, it was informative as well as useful.
post #11 of Old 05-30-2012, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencarpetcare View Post
Thanks for sharing, it was informative as well as useful.
It's my pleasure my friend. You can use all equipments for carpet cleaning as well and get good result out of it.
post #12 of Old 05-30-2012, 10:59 AM

Servpro of Lincoln Carpet Cleaning

The wet cleaning method is the most reccommended by carpet companies for the best clean. At servpro we use a Truck Mounted unit with a large extractor to dry the carpet after cleaning.

http://www.servprolincoln.com

http://www.servprooflincoln.com

Watch our Youtube Videos!

http://http://www.youtube.com/user/ServproLincoln
post #13 of Old 05-30-2012, 11:26 PM

You gave me such a nice information regarding carpet cleaning method. I appreciated that and I rigorously follow the all details.
post #14 of Old 06-01-2012, 01:28 AM

I cleaned home for a small number of years by means of my brother's carpet cleaning company. There is several effectual carpet cleaning methods.
post #15 of Old 06-02-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlesscleaning02 View Post
I cleaned home for a small number of years by means of my brother's carpet cleaning company. There is several effectual carpet cleaning methods.
That's great that your brother has a carpet cleaning company. So, It can say that your brother did a fabulous job regarding cleaning. What kind of methods he used for cleaning your house?
post #16 of Old 06-29-2012, 03:56 AM

Personally, I love my Bissell Steam Cleaner. It does a great job and it sure beats having to go to the store to rent their machine, put it in the car and clean it up to take it back to the store.

san antonio cleanup companies
post #17 of Old 07-03-2012, 03:03 AM

As per my experiences the best methods for cleaning carpets are dry cleaning or steam cleaning. You can call a company to do this for you. If you do not want to pay that much to hire someone, you can do it all by yourself as well and it will be much much cheaper.
post #18 of Old 07-03-2012, 08:44 AM

Steam Cleaning, Soap or Shampoo Cleaning, Carpet Absorbent Cleaners (Powder) are very popular ways to clean carpets that all cleaning service providers use.
post #19 of Old 07-03-2012, 08:33 PM

Truck mounted steam cleaning is the most thorough. If the carpet is real dirty we at carpet cleaning Tampa use a rotovac 360i which is a rotary machine that agitates while steaming and extracting. Really an amazing tool!

Family Time Cleaning
8723 huntfield st
Tampa FL 33635
(727)742-5677
http://familytimecleaning.com/
post #20 of Old 07-03-2012, 08:35 PM

I would have to agree however on commercial glue down carpet sometimes encap cleaning or better non as dry cleaning actually works better IMO. This is the technique my company carpet cleaning Los Angeles uses with outstanding results.

Trojan Carpet Care
504 Del Monte st
Pasadena, Ca, 91103
(626) 393-5965
http://trojancarpetcare.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode