Pet Odor Removal - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-23-2012, 03:25 AM Thread Starter

Pet Odor Removal

Hi to all,
I have a problem with removing a general dog smell off the carpet. I am not talking about dog urine smell but the actual dandruff and dog hair smell.
I've tried everything: enzime- pre- sprays, deodorizers, and pet odor removal products. Even after 2-3 cleanings with RX-20 I can still smell the dog when I put my nose down in the carpet?
What do you guys use and do you have any advice for me?
My website:
Carpet Cleaning Fremont
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-23-2012, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero View Post
Hi to all,
I have a problem with removing a general dog smell off the carpet. I am not talking about dog urine smell but the actual dandruff and dog hair smell.
I've tried everything: enzime- pre- sprays, deodorizers, and pet odor removal products. Even after 2-3 cleanings with RX-20 I can still smell the dog when I put my nose down in the carpet?
My website:
Carpet Cleaning Fremont

Super Fresh will do the job.

Houston Texas most trusted source for pressure washing and roof cleaning services. Call or text 2818838470

Houston Texas Soft Wash Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing School
post #3 of Old 06-27-2012, 08:28 AM

i second that, super fresh works great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-28-2012, 08:31 PM

I would use x-cide by pros choice for this. My company carpet cleaning Los Angeles has had great success with this product.

Trojan Carpet Care
504 Del Monte st
Pasadena, Ca, 91103
(626) 393-5965
http://trojancarpetcare.com
post #5 of Old 06-28-2012, 08:35 PM

You may want to try per treating with OSR by pros choice and rinse with deodorizer in your jug. This technique has worked well for carpet cleaning Tampa

Family Time Cleaning
8723 huntfield st
Tampa FL 33635
(727)742-5677
http://familytimecleaning.com/
post #6 of Old 06-28-2012, 08:39 PM

These are all good suggestions however sometimes the odor has been pushed down into the backing and padding from prior cleaning by the homeowner or carpet cleaners with improper techniques and knowledge. Also the homeowner may have rented a machine and messed it up that way as well. Our company carpet cleaning mission viejo has been solving problems like this for 18 years now.

Pacific Ocean Carpet Care
43 woodswallow lane
Aliso Viejo, Ca, 92656
(949) 230-5496
http://freshcleanhome.com/
post #7 of Old 08-28-2012, 05:56 AM

With the help of a bacteria/enzyme digester type cleaner, one can get rid of pet odor, which can be found at most local pet supply stores. Or you can call in professional carpet cleaners to ensure that all your pet stains and odor are removed from your carpet.
post #8 of Old 09-02-2012, 05:25 AM

We can do this job for you.Very nicely. We have sufficient chemical and machine. You may make a deal
carpet cleaning seattle yelp, seattle carpet cleaning or carpet cleaning seattle with us for the task.
post #9 of Old 09-10-2012, 02:40 AM

In my experience you cannot do anything about this because until you have a dog the smell will be there on the carpet that your dog uses. Better to change the carpet. Of course you can clean it but the smell won't go off.
post #10 of Old 09-29-2012, 03:00 AM

Sprinkle baking soda on the areas experiencing pet odor. Let it be there till 24 hours and then vacuum the surface. This will surely help in removing odor from the place.
post #11 of Old 02-12-2013, 08:19 PM

Many of the products will work, but there is one thing that everyone seems to have missed. Change the dogs diet. If you are feeding your dog Lamb and rice, change it to something without lamb and rice. When you change the diet it will take a bit for the smell to go away from the dog. Could be up to six weeks. Try that first then work with the products we all love to use to get your carpet nice and fresh smelling.

Carpet Cleaning San Ramon
Expert Carpet Cleaning
San Ramon CA. 94582
(925)884-0207
post #12 of Old 02-13-2013, 01:55 AM

Remove pet urine (the odour)??

This will do the trick.
Baking Soda
White Vinegar
Liquid Dishwashing Detergent
3% Hydrogen Peroxide

Here's how to do it: instruction

auckland carpet steamndry
12 Culperry Road Glendene Auckland New Zealand
09 836-5498
carpet cleaning, Repairs and Laying, upholstery cleaning Auckland, Flood restoration, pest control
post #13 of Old 03-15-2013, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero View Post
Hi to all,
My website:
Carpet Cleaning Fremont
For cleaning Dog smell from carpet don't try any method which harm your carpet or effect their looms.its better to call old method user carpet cleaner with green cleaning for safety of carpet.
post #14 of Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 AM

odor control

If after the first cleaning you should look into treating or replacing the underlay.
post #15 of Old 03-20-2013, 10:13 AM

post #16 of Old 03-26-2013, 04:25 PM

Pet Odors

Have you tried Genesis 950? It is the BEST cleaner I have ever used and I can compare that against many of the things you listed. I had previously used many of those things and they DO NOT WORK. If you are still having problems you really need to look into the 950. It's fantastic.
post #17 of Old 03-28-2013, 01:02 AM

I advise you that from online you can purchase products for cleaning carpet as well as that which you are talking about. Moreover, I am used to use spray kind of product which gives good fragrance to my carpet and also helps you too fro your problem.

gym Flooring rolls
post #18 of Old 04-06-2013, 07:12 AM

Using air movers is one of the best and easiest way to clean your carpets. Air movers simply lifts the pile upright to speed up the drying and leave your carpet looking and feeling good again. Use this handy robust air mover to speed dry damp areas including carpets, floors, hardwoods and more.
post #19 of Old 04-17-2013, 10:46 AM

Pet Odors

Are pet odors, an ongoing challenge? An all-natural paint additive has been developed, that turns any newly painted wall surface, into an effective and permanent air purification system, no electricity or filters required. The Air-ReNu, technology continuously removes offensive cat odors and improves indoor air quality.
post #20 of Old 04-25-2013, 09:57 PM

These are all great suggestions!

Junior's Carpet Cleaning
Trabuco Canyon, CA 92679
949-500-0749
http://juniorscarpetcleaning.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode