Rotovac vs Wand - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-08-2006, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Rotovac vs Wand

I have been reading alot about the Rotovac...I was wondering if all the claims they made were true about it working better than any system with a regular wand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-08-2006, 05:58 PM

That's a good question. I'd like to know, as well.
post #3 of Old 10-08-2006, 09:00 PM

I own one and when I was carpet shampooing, it was tough to beat!

Those who beat up on it dont sell them....If I ever get back into carpet cleaning, I wont do it without a rotovac....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-10-2006, 01:42 PM

Rotovac

The only problem i have seen is that the motors have went out a bit too early. Other than that i have heard nothing but good things. I have a customer running one with one of my truckmounts..Loves it.
post #5 of Old 10-10-2006, 02:10 PM

The early modles had a problem with the early retirement of said motors....that issue has been long since solved.
post #6 of Old 11-04-2006, 02:13 PM

I love the Rotovac!! I'd go up against a wand guy anyday and he could even use 2 hands while I use 1 Also, a great product to use with it is Procyon. Procyon is soap free and actually DOES break up the molicules and makes the spot disappear right in front of your eyes! No other chemicals needed when using Procyon.
post #7 of Old 11-12-2006, 01:36 AM

I use a RX20. It is great nevered tryed a rotovac but it looks like there is less fatuge with RX20 than rotovac you don't have to push it back and forth. RX20 works like a floor scrubber.
post #8 of Old 02-17-2007, 10:56 AM

Having used both and many other powerbrushes etc, I would not rate the rotovac at all. Very heavy and lacks the finish I and my customers expect. Stick to the wand and let the chems and hot water do the work for you IMO

__________________________________________________ ___________

Last edited by t.peterson; 02-17-2007 at 02:04 PM.
post #9 of Old 02-17-2007, 02:06 PM

Welcome to cleaningtalk.com Comfort secter. I edited your post some, please refer to the boards rules on advertising.
post #10 of Old 03-03-2007, 02:17 AM

Hey comfort sector, are you talking about the "v's" you leave with the wand? Don't you rake the carpet after you clean? a lot of my clients have complained that others leave marks or v's in the carpet. They really appreciate the fact that when I am done there are no cleaning marks, just perfectly groomed carpet.

And for the record, I would greatly recommend the RX-20 over the Slotovac any day. It is less fatigue, and can go over uneven surfaces.

az
post #11 of Old 03-05-2007, 06:20 PM

Az,

I prefer to groom the carpet with the wand as I clean.

The carpets - especially wool-rich ones - tend to dry far 'bouncier' that way!
post #12 of Old 03-05-2007, 10:21 PM

I used to do that too. My friend still does. The only problem is that I am so much a perfectionist that it would take me twice as long to get the nap all the same direction, not to mention still having some tooling marks left over. I guess you could call me a.d.d. when it comes to cleaning, it has to be perfect. As for the "fluffy" part, I have not seen the benefit of grooming with the wand. Not saying you are wrong, just haven't seen anything better than raking or grooming the nap. The rake separates and re-aligns the fibers, which also increases dry times.
When I leave the house it looks like the carpet was just installed, with not a single footprint or mark on it.

In the end, if the client is happy then so is your wallet. It all comes down to results versus expectations. I usually go far beyond the expectations of my clients, which is not always a good thing!

az
post #13 of Old 03-06-2007, 12:06 PM

Az,

I am pretty fussy too - too fussy to tolerate the marks left by a brush.

Getting the finish is all a matter of wand technique. I suppose we each do what suits us best.
post #14 of Old 03-08-2007, 12:09 AM

O.K. John, I concede. There has got to be a better topic to argue about than raking versus tooling. Just my opinion....

And by the way, there are no marks left from raking the carpet, unless it is plush, in which case I groom the carpet.

O.K., Seriously, I'm done with this. lol

az
post #15 of Old 08-18-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davek View Post
I have been reading alot about the Rotovac...I was wondering if all the claims they made were true about it working better than any system with a regular wand.
Rotovacs are awsome I love mine Don't even use my wand anymore except for R/V's and some edging.hooked to a hydromaster 4.8 cds with salsa package no wand can compete there's no way even on cleaner carpets it just restores the nap I can't say enough,I know the RX-20 works great but dam there heavy. rotovac at 39 lbs even with my hip replacment I carry it up stairs with ease.I have personally not used the 360 only the powerwand

http://www.aaroncarpetcleaning.com
post #16 of Old 08-19-2007, 06:37 PM

It appears to me that the RX-20 and the Mytee SM100 are the same machine.
post #17 of Old 08-22-2007, 05:19 PM

The Mytee is a cheap Chinese version of the old RX-20. The Rotovac 360 is the latest state of the art in Rotary Extraction and is designed for people who want to be the very best in their profession. There is no way in the world a regular wand can do the restorative cleaning that a Rotovac provides and that's why Rotovac offers a 100% refund trial period on every Rotovac they sell. Once you go Rotovac, you won't go back! (unless there was either something wrong with the Rotovac or you didn't know how to use it properly)
post #18 of Old 08-22-2007, 05:22 PM

thats right matt
post #19 of Old 08-23-2007, 07:45 AM

Does anyone use a Rotovac 360 on commercial grade carpet on a regular basis? I've heard at least one person say they are too light and don't suck into the carpet well enough.

Both RX-20 and Mytee SM100 are being redesigned and the Mytee SM100 will be released in a few months. They both have more than twice the RPMs than the Rotovac.
post #20 of Old 08-24-2007, 10:35 AM

I have used the RX20 and the 360 on gluedown and in my opinion the 360 the better machine. Much lighter on the arms and the rpm controll allows me to clean fast in the lightly soiled areas and slow it down for deeper cleaning of the heavily soiled areas. The weight on the vacuum heads has nothing to do with the cleaning, only makes it heavy to operate and carry. Also, the 360 leaves the carpet much dryer than the RX20.

Tags
carpet cleaners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode