Stains on carpet from wet cardboard - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-18-2015, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Stains on carpet from wet cardboard

Hi guys,

I've realised that this is more a professional forum for those that work in the cleaning industry. I'm just a person with a question: there's been a slow leak somewhere in my laundry, and it wet part of the wall and carpet in the adjoining bedroom. I had some cardboard boxes next door and didn't notice until later. Now there's some brownish stains (with a bit of black) on the carpet in the bedroom. Any suggestions as to how I can at least lessen the effect? The carpet is a weird light speckly tan/brown/beige not-sure-how-to-describe-it colour to begin with. The landlord pretty much never fixes anything until it's an emergency (e.g. blocked toilet, leak from bathroom above). Then again, my rent has been the same for the 5 years I've lived here, so that's a tradeoff I guess. My concern here is that I won't get my bond back when I leave.

Thanks for your help guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-28-2015, 10:26 AM

Use paper towels in order to cover up the damp area for long hours. Then use a steam iron. In case the stains do not go away completely, you should steam iron the area. However, you should be careful not to allow the water to hit your carpet.
post #3 of Old 06-13-2015, 03:08 AM

Utilize report shower towels to be able to hide the moist place pertaining to long hours. Subsequently work with a vapor iron. In case the staining don't go away completely fully, you need to vapor iron the area. Nevertheless, you need to be careful not to allow the mineral water to hit your own carpeting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-12-2015, 09:09 AM

Yes, I hire
post #5 of Old 07-17-2015, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks View Post
Hi guys,

I've realised that this is more a professional forum for those that work in the cleaning industry. I'm just a person with a question: there's been a slow leak somewhere in my laundry, and it wet part of the wall and carpet in the adjoining bedroom. I had some cardboard boxes next door and didn't notice until later. Now there's some brownish stains (with a bit of black) on the carpet in the bedroom. Any suggestions as to how I can at least lessen the effect? The carpet is a weird light speckly tan/brown/beige not-sure-how-to-describe-it colour to begin with. The landlord pretty much never fixes anything until it's an emergency (e.g. blocked toilet, leak from bathroom above). Then again, my rent has been the same for the 5 years I've lived here, so that's a tradeoff I guess. My concern here is that I won't get my bond back when I leave.

Thanks for your help guys!
hii,
i read your problem in your forum posting ,its not a very much big problem this type of stains are easily removable soo dont be tensed ,i have suggustion regarding your problem after my suggestion i defeniately sure you will overcome from your problem
use little bit of oxy bleach with lukewarm water, spray around the stain and live it for 15 minutes and please dont spray on the stain and dont rub with hard brush, cover the stain with silver foil. after 15 to 20 minutes take a white cloth and slowly rub close wise or anti clock wise the other method which you can say chemical method you can use a product called TR 103 its an diver liver product and its an Stain remover
happy to help you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode