Tips on Carpet Cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of Old 01-08-2010, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

Tips on Carpet Cleaning

# The first thing you need to consider is the type of carpet that you have. Today, there are many different types of carpets available on the market. Is your carpet woven, needle felt, tufted or flat weave? A specific cleaning technique as well as cleaning solution is required depending on the type of carpet you own.
# After identifying your type of carpet, the next step is to choose the right cleaning solution to be used that will work best on the carpet type you have. After all, you cannot just clean your carpet with merely the use of water. A cleaning solution is used to ensure you have removed all dirt and dust that have accumulated, especially deep into the padding.
# When dealing with carpet stains, the first thing to do is to identify what kind of stain is it? Is it a water-based or oil-based stain? Different cleaning approach is used depending on the type of stain on your carpet. Cleaning the stain immediately is the most important thing to keep in mind. When using commercially prepared stain solution follow the instructions carefully.
# Never brush or scrub the stained area on your carpet as this may agitate the fibers of the carpet resulting in more damage.
momentum likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-29-2010, 04:58 AM

I think for carpet cleaning should use proper method and the correct process. Therefore, it will produce excellent results even with an ordinary product. Here, quality products used without the high-quality plan or technique will never obtain an acceptable result. So, using the proper method/ technique will make sure an exceptional result.

Best Regards,

Last edited by Superbpack; 01-29-2010 at 05:13 AM.
post #3 of Old 03-20-2010, 07:59 AM

this is why it's best to leave carpet cleaning to the professionals. carpets are worth too much to risk doing it yourself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-27-2010, 05:26 AM

Thank you for this tips..

Carpet Cleaning is to tiring to handle.. So if you don't want to risk your carpet's beautiful image then let Professional Carpet Cleaner handle the cleaning..
post #5 of Old 04-14-2010, 12:36 AM

Hi everyone,

Here are few more tips to clean the carpet.

# Never rub rashly and carelessly at a carpet stain, this may only cause it to smear and become permanent. Also, doing this will weaken the fiber causing your carpet to wear out quicker.

# Never use an iron or a hair dryer to dry a carpet stain, this will only seal the stain permanently on your rug.

# As much as possible, use the mildest cleaning products available in the market on your carpet. Use only harsher ones with stubborn stains and certain spillages. Mild carpet shampoos are still always the best solution.
post #6 of Old 07-26-2010, 01:46 AM

You are all right by what you have mentioned above. Carpet cleaning is something that every homeowner will have to deal with at some time. It is an other chore to be paid attention to.

Last edited by patricia20; 07-29-2010 at 08:47 AM.
post #7 of Old 07-26-2010, 05:58 AM

Definitely I agree with roadies. When the situation is bad for your carpet, ask the professionals. Don't leave your upholstery or carpets to be destroyed by yourself...it's better to spend some money for cleaning service, rather than to buy a new carpet...
post #8 of Old 08-04-2010, 04:25 AM

I don't agree!
I am a DIY cleaning fan. Every info you need is in the web and if you are handy, you won't have any problems.
post #9 of Old 08-04-2010, 05:28 AM

Why wasting your time doing the cleaning job. You earn more money doing your job on your workplace, than paying to the pro cleaner. It save money for you as you don't believe it.
post #10 of Old 08-06-2010, 11:03 AM

You don't waste so much time if you do it regularly. For example every week.
post #11 of Old 08-09-2010, 03:17 AM

Carpet Cleaning

Yes, you said right.Cleaning depends upon the nature and fiber of the carpet.But once in a year we must get our carpets clean by some expert professionals.
post #12 of Old 08-09-2010, 09:13 AM

Good for you, JoanLee! People like you are hard to find. I prefer using professional cleaning services just because it's easier and thoroughly done, there's plenty of time left to do more pleasurable things like camping or travelling for example.

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #13 of Old 08-09-2010, 09:30 AM

So most of us have the same opinion - carpet cleaning is boring and it's a big relief when someone else does it for you

Last edited by b-fly; 08-09-2010 at 10:29 AM.
post #14 of Old 08-09-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadies View Post
These are very good techniques to clean carpet but unprofessional work may damage our costly carpets, so carpet cleaning should be done by a good cleaning company only as they don't charge more and the services are good.
I think that the cleaning services are not necessary if it's just one or several small stains then you could use some green cleaning techniques.
post #15 of Old 08-09-2010, 10:22 AM

As the whole world has gone green, cleaning services are getting greener now. There are many companies that offer green cleaning.

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #16 of Old 08-11-2010, 01:20 AM

hi,
Really, your tips is quite helpful.
post #17 of Old 08-11-2010, 03:14 AM

Talking about green cleaning,there are a lot of green cleaning recipes in the web.Though I prefer leaving every kind of cleaning for the professionals. It's faster,easier and cheaper.
post #18 of Old 08-11-2010, 05:02 AM

the green cleaning recipes on the web aren't so great accept for very light cleaning or when cleaning your own house. a professional company really needs a bit more power (which can be had from green products) so that they can be competitive with prices and time.
post #19 of Old 08-11-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imadam View Post
the green cleaning recipes on the web aren't so great accept for very light cleaning or when cleaning your own house. a professional company really needs a bit more power (which can be had from green products) so that they can be competitive with prices and time.
You're right dear imadam. The more innovative a company is the more competitive it becomes.

Best Regards
post #20 of Old 08-12-2010, 07:08 AM

When you want to do sth better do it green. It's as true for cleaning as it is for building, driving your car and so on. It's eco.

Best Regards

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode