Truck Mount Advice - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-15-2010, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Truck Mount Advice

I have been using a Butler System for seven years now. I have used a 1986 model, 2000, and 2002 models. I am about to start my own business. I would like to stay with the Butler System. I know all the in's and out's of it and love the power it has. It seems that getting a Butler System can be an expensive task. I will have 25k for equipment. I would like to spend 10-15k on the truck mount and van. I was wondering what everyone thought of the Butler system? It seems like the ones I have used seem to like gas a bit. Is there a more economical solution that would provide me with the same power as the Butler? I don't know how well other truck mounts perform. Whats comparable to the Butler blower? Im not really concerned about water pressure. Im just trying to find something reliable that has the vaccum power of a Butler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-18-2010, 08:13 PM

Truck mount advise

There are lots of machines out there to choose from. I have heard of the butler but have never tried one. Before I bought mine I did lots of research on the web. You should probably be able to get a good used TM for around 15K but that's without the Van.

Richard

http://www.carpet-cleaning-pasadena-ca.com/
post #3 of Old 01-15-2011, 03:32 PM

Butler

If you have used the Butler, they are a simple machine to use, but they are tied to the van. I have one in a 1991 van, and the machine worked fine, the issue is the motor in the van blew a head gasket. Guess what, the cleaning days for that machine are over, unless I take 3 weeks to either rebuild or buy a new engine ($3500) or put it in another 1991 van, which could blow up in another month, who knows.

My point is If you are starting out, go with a slide in unit, talk to Ben over at amtex equipment, makes very powerful slide ins (45) blowers and you should have plenty of money to buy a machine and good used van.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-18-2011, 01:51 AM

I have High Powered Truck Mounted Machine for last 7 to 8 years. But I depends on expert as far maintenance is concerned. I would suggest you to do the same to make it last long.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode