Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

Upholstery Cleaning Gone Wrong

12K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  TopCarpetCareNyc 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I just bought a Michael Thomas chair and ottoman from Craigslist and decided to try cleaning it to give it a fresh look, (worse mistake ever). It was in good condition already with no stains, I just thought that again this would make it look newer. I used fabric cleaner, the kind with the brush on the top and the one that foams when sprayed. I completely wet the main areas of the chair and went over them with a sponge and the fabric cleaner. While some of it dried evenly and looks great, the seat cushion and the top of the ottoman have become darker in some places and have become marked with water like stains and imprints. Where the water dripped down to the side of the cushions, there are noticeable, dark water marks. I have tried multiple ways to try to get out these stains and water rings. I have tried wetting it again and drying it evenly with a fan and hair dryer. I have tried wringing out excess water with towels and wrapped up paper towels. I have thought about trying a steamer? This material just did not take to the water like we expected but seems to have taken fine to the cleaner. The tag says the seat cushions are made out of resin treated polyester fiber and urethane foam. The fabric of the chair is acting almost like a silk... I love this chair and don't know how to get it back to the way it was. Please help!

#4 ·
Hello friends,

According my opinion is that Upholstery cleaning is the best and easy for cleaning the carpet and furniture.Upholstery Cleaning is also proven to improve the air quality in your home. Many people have used the different styles and sizes of furniture in your home. After few months, the furniture's are cover with dusts, particles. It is not easy cleaning the furniture vividly. Carpetcleaningandwaterdamage is the leading manufacturing company for providing the high quality products like liquid for cleaning the furniture easily. Our company appointed the Upholstery cleaning experts having experience and specialized aptitude in handling all types of furniture. They are the capable for removing particles through machines and furniture should be new for long period of time.

Best regards
Saira Miller

#5 ·
I agree your opinion but Carpetcleaningandwaterdamage is the best manufacturing company for providing the Upholstery cleaning service for cleaning the carpet. It is not only cleaning your furniture but also remove stain, particles from carpet.The consumer wants to transform and give new life to dirty, frazzled furnishings, and a professional is invaluable when it comes to maintaining and restoring furniture as close as possible. While a carpet expert may suffice, it is a good idea to make sure the company is also an expert at providing upholstery cleaning service. Many companies are capable of providing both for their customers.

#6 · (Edited)
In this case I would hire professionals to deal with the chair. it seems you've made a huge mess and it will be best to hire someone to fix it in order to prevent even more damage.. they won't charge you much, because it is just one chair to clean, and if you like it that much, then its worth it :thumbsup:

#14 ·
#17 ·
Carpet Cleaning Service Miami Beach

Carpet Cleaning Service Miami Beach of florida offers a range of carpet, upholstery, and rug cleaning services. Call now and get a free quote for carpet cleaning services in miami beach. Licensed & Insured.

Carpet Cleaning Service Miami Beach

7800 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33141

(305) 400-9038

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.