Vacuum cleaners - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-30-2008, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Vacuum cleaners

Which vacuums do you guys use? Are Dyson vacuum cleaners any good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-30-2008, 10:45 AM

Personally I have tried just about every model of dyson and I think that they are over rated. We use panasonics for our business needs and are very happy
post #3 of Old 04-30-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyface View Post

I think that the Dyson is too heavy to lug around in this line of work. We use the Oreck right now. It is light weight and has good suction. The only problem we have had is you can not pick up screws and nails with it. Of course we try and pick them up before we use it but there are always some we do not see. If too big these can cause alot of damage. Luckily the Oreck store is right up the street and they can fix it up pretty quick.

Kendra
Busy Bees Cleaning Services
www.busybeesclean.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-01-2008, 10:52 PM

dyson's are not the way to go...too expensive, shoddy construction. difficult to use the onboard attachments. 2 clients in 2 years that have replaced dyson's due to issues with the machines.

orecks are great for carpets. no onboard tools.

both brands are way too expensive and i agree with the efficiency of the panasonics. they are fantastic. super suction, great onboard tools with a long hose to get up stairs, etc. , long power cord blah, blah.

my dream vacuum is the sebo...way too expensive. vacuums flat, terrific onboard accessibility but the panasonic is the second best.

suzi

Last edited by suzikg; 05-01-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: added info
post #5 of Old 05-02-2008, 09:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wbell
What model of Panasonic? I currently use the Dyson, and I can't complain. Two years of everyday use and I have had no issues. I need to purchase a couple more, but I'm open to looking at other models.

THanks!
Wil

Wil Bell
AllShine
Cleaning Services & Solutions
[email protected]
www.itallshines.com
post #6 of Old 05-02-2008, 10:50 PM

We have both the MC- V5210 & MC-V225 models in use and love them both.
post #7 of Old 05-03-2008, 07:52 AM
J4K

We use Panasonics as well and have for years. Great product for the price.
post #8 of Old 05-08-2008, 08:47 AM

Hi, we use the Mielle 2000 wat vacuum.
Powerful, reliable and clean.

Last edited by t.peterson; 05-08-2008 at 10:46 AM.
post #9 of Old 05-09-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
I think Dysons are best.
post #10 of Old 05-09-2008, 08:17 PM

I love the Dyson. The suction is amazing. Some people have had trouble with the attachments. On the regular Dysons I did to. I have no idea what model I have but it was much more expensive than the others like the purple and yellow one. Where I went to buy it only had this one left. When I want something I want it right then and there and can't wait. LOL Bad thing! Anyway, I would not use it for work due the weight of it. I just have one at home for personal use. It is way too heavy to be carrying around. Also, the attachments are much easier on the one I have. Everyone has their own opinions and likes what they like.

Kendra
www.busybeesclean.com
post #11 of Old 05-12-2008, 10:46 AM

Certainly Dyson has some qualities , but it is an expensive one. I will rather go for Roomba.
post #12 of Old 05-13-2008, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendra View Post
I think that the Dyson is too heavy to lug around in this line of work. We use the Oreck right now. It is light weight and has good suction. The only problem we have had is you can not pick up screws and nails with it. Of course we try and pick them up before we use it but there are always some we do not see. If too big these can cause alot of damage. Luckily the Oreck store is right up the street and they can fix it up pretty quick.
I didn't realise Dyson's where heavy. Which Oreck do you have?
post #13 of Old 05-13-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I didn't realise Dyson's where heavy. Which Oreck do you have?
The Dyson's are very heavy. I have the commercial Oreck. Not sure of the exact model number. The only thing I do not like about it is you can't pick up nails with it. I think that is the case for most though. But when we bought it the salesman said it would so we didn't pick them up prior to vacuuming. We basically had to have the inside replaced. They did it for no charge lucky for them! LOL Anyway it only cost about $299. It does not come with any attachments but we bought the whole set with canister for $149. That is kind of expensive for some. I like having the attachments seperate. Two people can work at once that way. I think it is just a matter of preferance. But like I said before I absolutely love my Dyson that I use at home. I have never seen any other vacuum suck like that. I just hold it close to my baseboards and they are spotless.

Kendra
www.busybeesclean.com
post #14 of Old 05-19-2008, 06:47 PM

We use our Dyson DC18 at home, but I wouldn't wear it out using it for business. I'd have to agree with the panasonic for commercial use.
post #15 of Old 12-02-2008, 05:35 AM

Dyson is good but have many other drawbacks to consider, but there are many other brands like panasonic, Roomba etc.
post #16 of Old 01-16-2009, 10:14 PM

I hope the holidays treated you all well.

I went down the Panasonic route and bought the 5210 model. My first two worked for about 4 months, then stopped working. I ordered two more... one is still working but is extremely loud after 1 month. The other new one stopped working after 2 weeks. I ordered off the internet. Took them to a very established local vacuum cleaner service/sales company and they wouldn't touch them ( to fix ), but of course they could sell me a new one. Said they could not get parts.

With all that said, I am looking for another recommendation for a solid, consistently reliable vacuum. I am considering a Karcher Tornado and potentially just spending the money and getting more Dysons. We vacuum over 70000 square feet of carpet a night and I need to get more vac longevity for my buck. ;-)

Wil Bell
AllShine
[email protected]
www.itallshines.com
post #17 of Old 01-16-2009, 11:00 PM
J4K

Strange, we have had our Panosonics for years with only minor maintenance, belts and replace a brush roller when they were down. Never had one quit on me yet, never had a motor go on one and I think over the years we have had maybe 60 of them.
We have 2 repair shops in town, both work on them. Maybe look for another repair shop. I don't buy the model you have though.
post #18 of Old 01-19-2009, 01:29 AM

Which model are you using? The ones we have are not only breaking down, the ones that work are very, very loud. Any issues with noise on your current model?

THanks!
Wil

Wil Bell
AllShine
[email protected]
www.itallshines.com
post #19 of Old 01-19-2009, 06:54 AM
J4K

http://www.abcvacuumwarehouse.com/va...ercial+Upright

These are what we have used. I did purchase some of the black ones like you have in the past and they did not last as long.
post #20 of Old 01-19-2009, 10:31 PM

I use the Hoover Windtunnel 2 ( orange and white one)- it is a heavy vacuum like the Dyson, but works great! I bought it on sale for $150. it is originally a $300 vacuum but I really love the vacuum. I have used a ton of vacuums, I have several clients with Dysons - which work great.....I was just looking for something as good as a Dyson with less cost.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode