what is the best way to market to appartments? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-01-2007, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

what is the best way to market to appartments?

I my all practiced up with my Machine and am ready to throw myself out there. I was hoping somone out there would give me some pointers on marketing to appartment complexes. I understand introducing myself but do you guys give them a free sample clean and then give them a price. or just introduce and not offer to show work. what is a standard rate for a two bedroom or three bedroom. .

so here is my situation I work currently and just bought portable, That works great. And in my next step I have to transition from one job to two and get to the point that i can quit the first job.

Pointers would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-01-2007, 12:24 PM

I don't know anything about carpet cleaning so I can't offer any advice on pricing. What I do recommend is writing a sound business plan and researching your market. Get the details end of your business all lined up so you have an idea what you can afford to spend on marketing and how much money you will need to charge to stay profitable.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #3 of Old 01-02-2007, 06:15 PM

Rock star 10, take my advice and pitch your marketing at the most upmarket customers you can find. If you can find them in apartment blocks then fine, but look around , where does the people with the biggest disposable incomes live?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-13-2007, 12:57 AM

Hey Rock

The apartment business can be rewarding but demanding. I have built a good business around apartments but the best money is residential. Apartments is a good place to learn what you are doing and try new products and ideas. The best way to market is to walk in and meet the manager, if they are unhappy with their carpet cleaner you will get their business. Sometime you will have to wait till budget time to get them to try you. I have waited up to 18 months before they called me back. But be sure if you make your self known and do an excellent job, be on time, and charge a fare price you will get their business and keep it. GOOD LUCK!
post #5 of Old 05-13-2007, 01:23 AM

I wouldn't clean apartments on a bet. I tried it once, gave it up after a couple of months. Too much work, too little profit. I used to charge (if I remember correctly) $50, 60 and 75, which almost doubled the bid from thier last cleaner. I still couldn't make squat. You have to be able to play the game, what I mean is charge for every spot. If there is no spots or stains, then you must stick to the base price. Get it done fast and move on to the next. There are definitely easier ways to make money.

Good luck.

az
post #6 of Old 05-13-2007, 05:18 PM

I agree with AZ. We put in our time cleaning for apartments and we are too thru now, no more

I much more prefer working for property managers that handle privately owned residential homes if we need to fill in the schedule with some quick work
post #7 of Old 06-24-2007, 01:28 PM

A small apt. building is a good place to hone your skills, experimenting with chems and especially improving you spotting skills. Once you get experience and build up better custys, raise you price, if they dont go for it move on to greener pastures. The pay isnt good but if your starting out they are paying you to get experience.
post #8 of Old 06-09-2010, 05:18 AM

Hi....

i opted to suggest you a professional carpet cleaning company that is responsible for cleaning. the easiest way to search google right key phrase for cleaning.....

Thanks And Regards

Own carpet cleaning franchise

Last edited by royalmayur; 07-01-2010 at 09:07 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode