What Equipment - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-18-2009, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

What Equipment

We are starting out and wish to know what equipment you guys are using for carpets cleaning. We are focusing on residential and small business.

We have looked at a Rotovac package and a couple of different Oscillating Process type equipment. Although price is always a factor when purchasing this king of thing, it is not our main objective.

We want the equipment to be relatively light, portable and something that cleans carpets, no tricks or gimmicks.

We want a machine that does the work.

I have called about 10 suppliers and all are talking me into a state of confusion.

Your help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-26-2009, 01:34 AM

To clean a carpet, first have all the equipment in place. This includes carpet cleaning supplies, machines and accessories, which can make the job simpler. Select equipment depending on whether you want to clean or deep clean a carpet or simply remove a stain.
post #3 of Old 05-26-2009, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

Thanks

Basically we have decided to do just that. No hurry and a business never should rush out to buy the latest and greatest.

Really, what we are looking for is a peice of equipment that is fairly portable and does a real good, but quick cleaning job. It should also be usefull for other things as well. There are quite a few out there.

We may move up to the rotovac 360 with a different portable. Depends on price etc....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-29-2009, 12:33 PM

The very best!

I would highly suggest contacting SOLUTIONS, UK. They have very competent equipment engineers.................AND..............equipme nt to do any job!

The very best;
Ed Valentine
(e-mail me if you need more info: [email protected])
post #5 of Old 05-29-2009, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks

It is in the UK so customs, duties, and shipping would kick my wallet very hard. Also I think UK electrical runs on 220. We use 110 here so that would also have to be converted and approved by CSA.
post #6 of Old 06-30-2009, 09:06 PM

It is best to research first before buying.. Try also asking to some cleaning services.. Maybe they can help you..
post #7 of Old 07-16-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotiafloorcare View Post
We are starting out and wish to know what equipment you guys are using for carpets cleaning. We are focusing on residential and small business.

We have looked at a Rotovac package and a couple of different Oscillating Process type equipment. Although price is always a factor when purchasing this king of thing, it is not our main objective.

We want the equipment to be relatively light, portable and something that cleans carpets, no tricks or gimmicks.

We want a machine that does the work.

I have called about 10 suppliers and all are talking me into a state of confusion.

Your help is appreciated.
The rotovac is a wonderful tool in conjunction with a strong portable or even better a entry level Truckmount. My company carpet cleaning los Angeles has and uses the rotovac on all heavily soiled carpets with great results.

Trojan Carpet Care
504 Del Monte st
Pasadena, Ca, 91103
(626) 393-5965
http://trojancarpetcare.com
post #8 of Old 07-21-2012, 05:41 AM

Rotovac is a very useful tool that use very much in carpet cleaning. To remove stain from carpet it is necessary to determine whether it will need simple cleaning or deep cleaning. Once you have analyzed that what type of cleaning it needed you can apply accordingly method.
post #9 of Old 07-22-2012, 12:07 AM

The best suggestion I can give you is to get a used truck mount and van that you can pay cash for. Keep your overhead to a minimum. Learn how to market your services as that is the most crucial part of the whole thing. Having great equipment is nice only of you have jobs to go to. This is what we did at carpet cleaning Tampa.

Family Time Cleaning
8723 huntfield st
Tampa FL 33635
(727)742-5677
http://familytimecleaning.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode